Nightmare scenario

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Because they're born losers mate.

Bow down to authority, accept what the 'authorities' tell them. It's a form of being institutionalised.

You look on other club's forums & it's somehow different round here. Accept their fate, "rules is rules". 

Someone who comes along like DC, gives it a go but fails, is demonised more than someone who doesn't even try. 

Look at the comparison between Milan & DC. Milan is idolised (quite rightly), for basically not doing anything than babysitting us & spending nothing. Dc spends millions, it doesn't pan out & is slaughtered. 

I think as a fan base we’re just a bit frightened of anyone taking risk/spending money 

said it other day, wednesdayites are used to been skint and don’t want it any other way , we’d be a foooking nightmare in premier league 

as for idolising Milan ... all I think of when people go on about him is that he was happy to sell us to Mammadov 

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

I respect your viewpoint but all I can say is that I'm completely disengaged from the club, honestly. 

I was a child in the late 80s/ early 90s and naturally didn't understand stuff going on in the boardroom and just enjoyed the football in the main. 

I do however understand the boardroom now and if you can't see that Dejphon Chansiri is ruining our club through gross negligence in almost every department then fair enough. Literally everything he has done has been without good judgement.

Yes there will be some diehard fans that keep paying for season tickets because they've always gone but where are the new diehards going to come from? I reckon we've got one of the oldest average attendance ages out of most clubs. I for one will not be taking my kids to games because of scandalous matchday cost. One of his many failures.

Seeing him speak at the couple of forums I've attended and in almost every interview he's given he's an emotional, egotistical rabbit in the headlights.

He is the top guy, he has got us into this strife with FFP, not the EFL, it's all on his shoulders because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I can't support him. 

I think I laid bare DCs shortcomings to be honest, but i don't see the current situation as particularly any worse in reality than most of the time I've been watching them since the 60s.

I can't help thinking it is the fact we had a sniff of something, it didn't come to fruition and we are now judging things in light of that. 

7 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I saw the title and thought...………….

Liverpool win the Premier League

Blunts qualify for Champions League

Wednesday with points reduction relegated to League 1

Worst season ever ??

Holy sh!t that could really happen!!!  Anyone know of a country with no internet, if so I’ll get the car started. 

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I think I laid bare DCs shortcomings to be honest, but i don't see the current situation as particularly any worse in reality than most of the time I've been watching them since the 60s.

I can't help thinking it is the fact we had a sniff of something, it didn't come to fruition and we are now judging things in light of that. 

No we failed hugely . We are now paying sky high prices for a dreadful team and are losing money hang over fist . Every decision he’s made has been wrong . The fact anybody can defend this clown is bewildering . The bloke is a car crash and the club is a laughing stock 

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No , we are just in a mess . If you are too blind or daft to see it then that’s up to you 

We are in a mess. but not unlike the 'mess' we've been in since the 60s.

It's the degree of the 'mess' I take issue with.

We gave it a go, yeah in hindsight DC got it wrong, but is it better to try & fail than our traditional approach, not to try at all.

Think i can guess which most on here seem to prefer.

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No we failed hugely . We are now paying sky high prices for a dreadful team and are losing money hang over fist . Every decision he’s made has been wrong . The fact anybody can defend this clown is bewildering . The bloke is a car crash and the club is a laughing stock 

Would you say we are a bigger 'laughing stock' now or when Dave Allen was suing his own fans. 

I don't disagree he has got things wrong, i laboured the point in my post. 

My entire point was that the implication of the post I originally referred to, was that things prior to DC coming had all been sweetness & light rather than the stultifying nothingness we actually endured for years.

There's people on here in fuc**n denial regarding things prior to DCs reign. 

Edited by bigthinrob

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Would you say we are a bigger 'laughing stock' now or when Dave Allen was suing his own fans. 

My entire point was that the implication of the post I originally referred to, was that things prior to DC coming had all been sweetness & light rather than the stultifying nothingness we actually endured for years.

There's people on heer in fuc**n denial regarding things prior to DCs reign. 

I’m Not overly concerned with Dave Allen , although the way things are going we will soon be back in that perilous position .... all I know is chansiri is ripping us off and everything he’s done has been seriously ill judged to say the least. 

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

To be honest this clubs been losing money hand over fist for decades, with or without DC 

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

People always think the grass is greener ont other side,  suspect were about to find out , hope there right !

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

I’m Not overly concerned with Dave Allen , although the way things are going we will soon be back in that perilous position .... all I know is chansiri is ripping us off and everything he’s done has been seriously ill judged to say the least. 

Don't agree he is ripping 'us' off.  Certainly isn't ripping me off. Isn't ripping my son's off & from what i see on here, most season ticket holder's seem more than happy with what they're paying.

If you are referring to "Us" as in POTG "us", then that's a different argument. A massively minority argument, but maybe an argument nevertheless.

Re your last point, I would agree that in hindsight most of what he has done has been proved to be "ill judged".  Ill judged in hindsight, although i don't recall too many kicking up a fuss at the time, Naive, badly advised, you name it & DCs probably got the T shirt.

All I would say is that he did it with the best intentions. (Whether that counts for anything I'm not sure). 

I would also say, again, though, that to lay EVERYTHING at DCs door and to pretend everything was sweetness & light before he arrived is totally disingenuous.

Plays nicely into the anti DC rhetoric though.

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

That’s typical Wednesday mentality ... the fact we’ve been a joke for years so it excuses chansiri . It doesn’t 

Wasn’t excusing him , I was just saying this club has lost money hand over fist for decades !   Calm down old boy 

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I'd sum my view up like this.

The only thing more dangerous than a fool owning Sheffield Wednesday is a fool with lots of money owning Sheffield Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

That’s typical Wednesday mentality ... the fact we’ve been a joke for years so it excuses chansiri . It doesn’t 

Yeah but the tone of the thread was that suddenly, people couldn't live with the current situation, implying all was hunky dory prior to Dc coming.

So now we are actually admitting things have been "a joke" for years. 

I'm confused, I thought everything was wonderful pre DC.

9 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'd sum my view up like this.

The only thing more dangerous than a fool owning Sheffield Wednesday is a fool with lots of money owning Sheffield Wednesday.

Well with all the anti DC hysteria you may well get your wish & the traditional way of doing things at S6 for over 100 years will be lovingly restored. 

Another fool with no money (& no ambition).

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Well with all the anti DC hysteria you may well get your wish & the traditional way of doing things at S6 for over 100 years will be lovingly restored. 

Another fool with no money (& no ambition).

No offence intended but you seem to just want an argument. 

Not sure where I stated I wished for a fool without money or how rosy things were before DC. They weren't.

I want someone who can make decisions I as a fan can buy into. I want someone who has a strategic plan that we as fans can relate to. I want someone who is visably leading Sheffield Wednesday without a storyline emerging that would be better placed in a soap opera. 

It makes no difference who we had previously, I'm saying that the guy we've got in place is feckless.

Think things were worse in 2010 when the club was asking for extra time in the courts otherwise were being wound up.

But things under Chansiri are now unravelling and we don't know where we will end up.

Predict things will get worse for a couple of seasons but not get to level of 2010. 

Maybe like Blackburn who had they had clueless owners and had a few seasons of falling but are now just an average Championship club.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Everything he's done???

2 play off finishes & signed the most successful Championship manager in its history.

3 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Personally, if it meant DC doing one I'd take a points deduction and League One next season. As long as he calls it quits and doesn't try and get every penny back out of the club.

While DC is here it will be one horror story after another. The man is utterly hopeless. A chance of getting a better owner who will run the club sustainably, undoing most of DCs harm would be enough for me and I couldn't care less what league we are in. 

This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore, don't feel attached to any element of it. 

Who will own the ground?

SWFC sure as hell won't.

Careful what you wish for.

9 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I remember when Leeds tried to do that by going into administration at the end of the season when they were already about to get relegated. Then they got a points deduction slapped on for the start of the next season for failing to come out of administration in time.

They sure were falling apart again