Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

43 minutes ago, malek said:

What lack of stature got to do with it?! 

In Bannan we have one of the best playmakers in division, but we are not set to play passing football. 

He is one of very few who got quality and nerves to pass the ball and movement off the ball around him is mostly poor. 

Both our keeper tend to kick ball as far as they can as soon as it comes neer them. 

Luongo at DM finds our defenders with his passing more than players infront of him and you can't play passing football or get the best out of Bannan playing like that. 

He would be great fit for club like Brentford. 

You just answered your own question ;)

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

For me there still isn’t enough goals in the team. If we don’t bring in another striker today I think we will massively regret it. 

We have 5 centre backs at the club Plus Palmer and the kids from the youth team, the signing of Flint seems a strange one unless there are out goings. We are so short up front with real strikers that players who score goals, not players who are called strikers because the manager plays them there.

I just don't understand being 4 hours from the close of the window and we have no attacking options coming in other than Marriott, who I think will be a very good signing though the call back clause does worry me, if he starts scoring goals for us and Derby struggle this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

We have 5 centre backs at the club Plus Palmer and the kids from the youth team, the signing of Flint seems a strange one unless there are out goings. We are so short up front with real strikers that players who score goals, not players who are called strikers because the manager plays them there.

I just don't understand being 4 hours from the close of the window and we have no attacking options coming in other than Marriott, who I think will be a very good signing though the call back clause does worry me, if he starts scoring goals for us and Derby struggle this season. 

Flint looks like cover for injuries - I suspect he will return to Cardiff once we get our injured players back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Flint looks like cover for injuries - I suspect he will return to Cardiff once we get our injured players back.

Flint was a beast at Bristol City , scored quiet a few goals from set pieces , if he can recapture that form he'll be our best centre half 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I don't understand the Flint links we have Lees, Iorfa, Borner, JVA, Dunkley and Now possible Flint, yet for the front 2 we only have Rhodes and Marriott do we really need 6 options at centre half or is Iorfa or one of the other on the move and we just don't know yet.

I would also like to see a few of the younger lads going out on loan - in an around the first team is good, but going on loan to league 1 or 2 and getting 20+ games under their belt will progress them a lot more than 5 minutes here and there in the first team.

I dearly would also love Westwood to either be released or sent out on loan to get some or all of his wages of the payroll.

How did you miss Patterson kachunga and windass 

kachunga and Patterson which is very publicly documented and both manager and players saying they have signed to play up front 

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, fpowl said:

kachunga and Patterson which is very publicly documented and both manager and players saying they have signed to play up front 

But other than that.....

14 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Don't get technical... just because the manager and players say something doesn't mean it's true.lol

18 minutes ago, fpowl said:

He thinks windass plays in centre midfield. Same role as Bannan apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1