Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

12 minutes ago, malek said:

Should be better suited as part of our back 3 where his lack of pace wont get exploited as much. 

He will be great help at both attacking and defensive set piece. Perhaps most dominante header of the ball in division. 

Still, happy that both him and Marriott are here on loan rather than permanent deal (hope without any strings attached). 

Loans of decent, experienced, inexpensive players is the way to go this season, whilst looking to bring in and develop younger players for the future. If we can stay up this season we can look for better quality next year to replace all the players out of contract. 

Good player, but that’s a lot of money.....

Cardiff City have completed the loan signing of Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

The Bluebirds have fought off a glut of Championship clubs, including arch-rivals Swansea City, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Norwich City.

It is believed City will pay Liverpool a £1.2m loan fee and cover the entirety of the player's wages, believed to be in the region of £60,000-per-week.

I don't understand the Flint links we have Lees, Iorfa, Borner, JVA, Dunkley and Now possible Flint, yet for the front 2 we only have Rhodes and Marriott do we really need 6 options at centre half or is Iorfa or one of the other on the move and we just don't know yet.

I would also like to see a few of the younger lads going out on loan - in an around the first team is good, but going on loan to league 1 or 2 and getting 20+ games under their belt will progress them a lot more than 5 minutes here and there in the first team.

I dearly would also love Westwood to either be released or sent out on loan to get some or all of his wages of the payroll.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The Bluebirds have fought off a glut of Championship clubs, including arch-rivals Swansea City, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Norwich City.

It is believed City will pay Liverpool a £1.2m loan fee and cover the entirety of the player's wages, believed to be in the region of £60,000-per-week.

Crazy money

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

£60k pw for a reserve player!!!

No wonder football is in the mess it is. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't understand the Flint links we have Lees, Iorfa, Borner, JVA, Dunkley and Now possible Flint, yet for the front 2 we only have Rhodes and Marriott do we really need 6 options at centre half or is Iorfa or one of the other on the move and we just don't know yet.

I would also like to see a few of the younger lads going out on loan - in an around the first team is good, but going on loan to league 1 or 2 and getting 20+ games under their belt will progress them a lot more than 5 minutes here and there in the first team.

I dearly would also love Westwood to either be released or sent out on loan to get some or all of his wages of the payroll.

It sounds as if we have already lost a couple of centre halves to injury. Plus Borner seems in the bad books and JVA a bit soft. So in the absence of Lees Dunkley and Iorfa an enforcer is needed. 

Up front we have windass. Rhodes, Paterson, Kachunga and Marriot. Ideally one of those would be a tried and tested  centre forward to replace fletcher but that seems out of our reach.

The loss of Murphy and some direct trickery from wide is the glaring issue for me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Marriott and flint will be great signings for me. Might be more who knows. 

Absolutely,  2 players who cost a near combined 10 million on their last moves so we can't complain at all with these two.

• Like 1

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

According to Pete O’Rourke of Football Insider, The Owls were turned down by Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Ryan Bennett, who could now join Swansea City instead

Meh, think out of him and Flint I'd go Flint cos of his threat at the top end of the pitch too. Both not amazing defenders

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If they are determined they will splash the cash.

And if they do I would be ok with him departing. 

Obviously a skillful player but he hasn't been that effective for us of late. We've always struggled to make the system fit around him due to his lack of stature.

What lack of stature got to do with it?! 

In Bannan we have one of the best playmakers in division, but we are not set to play passing football. 

He is one of very few who got quality and nerves to pass the ball and movement off the ball around him is mostly poor. 

Both our keeper tend to kick ball as far as they can as soon as it comes neer them. 

Luongo at DM finds our defenders with his passing more than players infront of him and you can't play passing football or get the best out of Bannan playing like that. 

He would be great fit for club like Brentford. 

• Like 1