Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

23 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Being really greedy, another CM with a bit of experience would be nice and all. Our first choice 3 are great, but we could do with better depth than Hunt (inexperienced), FDB (inexperienced) and Joey (rubbish). Kevin Stewart or Jackson Irvine are still both available on free transfers, I’d be happy with either of them

I would Still prefer either O'Riley or Slattery. Both are inexperienced but easily good enough to fight for a starting spot here. Either would provide long term solution for our long term problem of lack of creativity in our midfield and be able to replace Bannan in case of injury, suspension, etc.. as our main creative infuence. 

Both Irvine and Stewart are just very average... 

29 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Being really greedy, another CM with a bit of experience would be nice and all. Our first choice 3 are great, but we could do with better depth than Hunt (inexperienced), FDB (inexperienced) and Joey (rubbish). Kevin Stewart or Jackson Irvine are still both available on free transfers, I’d be happy with either of them

Being super greedy I'd prefer Sam Field on loan from WBA if that can be done

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I think Aden Flint is a cracking signing 

Harris won’t be happy at losing him 

Should be better suited as part of our back 3 where his lack of pace wont get exploited as much. 

He will be great help at both attacking and defensive set piece. Perhaps most dominante header of the ball in division. 

Still, happy that both him and Marriott are here on loan rather than permanent deal (hope without any strings attached). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Really hope this is a throwback to the Megson times with Rob Jones, llera and reda attacking every set piece and long throw we can. 

Iorfa, Dunkley and Flint if they play a few games together will be worth a few quid to score anytime 

Rob Jones, underated and very effective so I agree with you... becoming a horrible team to play again

However we do still have Reach

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Only just seen Flint hasn’t actually  had games at Cardiff, think Harris will regret that , fans will be raging 

...or their fans will be like ours...he’ll had a nightmare 45 minutes somewhere down the line and they will have decided he’s crap forever.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Brentford remain interested in Sheffield Wednesday captain Barry Bannan despite having being knocked back by the Owls, according to Sky Sports - via Football Insider

If they are determined they will splash the cash.

And if they do I would be ok with him departing. 

Obviously a skillful player but he hasn't been that effective for us of late. We've always struggled to make the system fit around him due to his lack of stature.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1