Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If they are determined they will splash the cash.

And if they do I would be ok with him departing. 

Obviously a skillful player but he hasn't been that effective for us of late. We've always struggled to make the system fit around him due to his lack of stature.

What lack of stature got to do with it?! 

In Bannan we have one of the best playmakers in division, but we are not set to play passing football. 

He is one of very few who got quality and nerves to pass the ball and movement off the ball around him is mostly poor. 

Both our keeper tend to kick ball as far as they can as soon as it comes neer them. 

Luongo at DM finds our defenders with his passing more than players infront of him and you can't play passing football or get the best out of Bannan playing like that. 

He would be great fit for club like Brentford. 

• Like 1

If flint is confirmed is that it for our business ? Or will we get any one else in? Think personally that will be it, Marriott on the bench tomorrow but to come on for half hour ; unfortunately for rhodesy he’s now our 5th choice you would imagine , with windass , Marriott,Paterson and kachunga all in front of him

1 minute ago, malek said:

What lack of stature got to do with it?! 

In Bannan we have one of the best playmakers in division, but we are not set to play passing football. 

He is one of very few who got quality and nerves to pass the ball and movement off the ball around him is mostly poor. 

Both our keeper tend to kick ball as far as they can as soon as it comes neer them. 

Luongo at DM finds our defenders with his passing more than players infront of him and you can't play passing football or get the best out of Bannan playing like that. 

He would be great fit for club like Brentford. 

Could be for a lot of teams, but tough he is staying here . IF Brentford was really keen then they should have made an offer at the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully a couple more lined up as well as Marriott and Flint. We need more. 

Clarke-Salter might still potentially be lined up or maybe there might be one or two names not mentioned in the frame

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Marriott and flint will be great signings for me. Might be more who knows. 

An old fashioned centre half and an old fashioned centre forward. Good business for us. 

Barnsley signed young, talented Liverpool midfielder Herbie Kane for 1.25m. Also looking to bring in Matt James on loan from Leicester. 

41 minutes ago, Watto said:

Where the hell are they getting their money from Millwall? It seemed his loan wages were off putting 

We could only pay £10k per week. WBA wanted more contribution which Millwall have obviously agreed to.

1 hour ago, malek said:

I would Still prefer either O'Riley or Slattery. Both are inexperienced but easily good enough to fight for a starting spot here. Either would provide long term solution for our long term problem of lack of creativity in our midfield and be able to replace Bannan in case of injury, suspension, etc.. as our main creative infuence. 

Both Irvine and Stewart are just very average... 

I take it  this o'riley and slattery are about 18 years old... .I shall watch the careers  with interest mate