Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Cardiff media reporting that Flint to us is on. Sky reporting that JCS to us is on.

If we can get both in I’d be chuffed. 

Wouldn't be surprised if flint was loan until January to cover whilst Lee's and dunkley get fit.

JCS will be massive upgrade on van Aitken in that left center back position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Just cant get my head around derby loaning a goal scorer to a league rival especially if we end up in a relegation scrap with them he could send them down . Yea wont happen I know but still.

Cocu is a mad man. They signed Colin Kazim-Richards yesterday and shipped Marriott out to us.

Swansea City are in talks with former Liverpool and Chelsea star Fabio Borini, who is available on a free transfer, according to The Athletic.

The 29-year-old Italian has been without a club since his short-term contract with Serie A outfit Hellas Verona came to an end last month.

Borini, who has previously plied his trade for Liverpool and Chelsea in the Premier League, has been linked with a return to England but is yet to find a club.

7 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Just cant get my head around derby loaning a goal scorer to a league rival especially if we end up in a relegation scrap with them he could send them down . Yea wont happen I know but still.

Yeah my thoughts as well. Good business sense for them to extend his contract though. 

Edited by Nut
Spelling

If today's business is Marriott, JCS

And then being greedy Sanderson and another forward (Green or a surprise) that's an excellent day. 

Prefer Sanderson to Flint, but wouldn't be disappointed With flint either, adds a big aerial threat for us 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Wouldn't be surprised if flint was loan until January to cover whilst Lee's and dunkley get fit.

JCS will be massive upgrade on van Aitken in that left center back position.

That would make sense. Hope you're right. 

We can sign all the centre backs and strikers we want but if we don’t sign any wing backs or creative players we will be watching re-runs of the QPR game for the next few months, in my opinion.  Here’s hoping something is lined up for today 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If today's business is Marriott, JCS

And then being greedy Sanderson and another forward (Green or a surprise) that's an excellent day. 

Prefer Sanderson to Flint, but wouldn't be disappointed With flint either, adds a big aerial threat for us 

Being really greedy, another CM with a bit of experience would be nice and all. Our first choice 3 are great, but we could do with better depth than Hunt (inexperienced), FDB (inexperienced) and Joey (rubbish). Kevin Stewart or Jackson Irvine are still both available on free transfers, I’d be happy with either of them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Any move for Flint suggests that either Lees or Dunkley has more serious issues than we first thought. Those two would battle for the middle position in a back three, and with both being experienced championship players, it would be overkill to bring in Flint to cover maybe, a few weeks absence. He’s not a sufficient enough improvement to be brought in as an upgrade. Clarke-Salter though, is by all accounts, an upgrade on our left side options. If my theory regarding a complication with Dunkley, or Lees, is wide of the mark, then is it not just another case of us stockpiling older players? We don’t need to have three veteran centre backs fighting for one position, it’s too much

Think you are correct, Dunkley will not be available until November, still not in full training.If Lees injured we lack abaility in air at back.  With Iorfa and Shaw also possibly out it makes situation grim for next few games where points could be gained and this could make a difference over the season. 

Van Aken has improved this season but Borner has not looked good. Palmer also has problem but he would not sort aerial problem out. 

It would be a stop gap measure in my opinion and one which showed we have real injury situation at moment. 

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Being reported Millwall trying for to do a deal for Zahore. Surely they can’t afford more than 25k a week

WBA wanted more wages paid I can see the whole of millwall's starting 11 being on a combined 25k haha no way are they able to spend that