Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Patterson, Sanderson and Zohore in and we'd be looking better

Still think we could do with a left sided centreback and left wing back too though, but can't imagine us signing that many.

2 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Still think we could do with a left sided centreback and left wing back too though, but can't imagine us signing that many.

If possible we can still bring in a few more loanees if necessary. I'd expect us to at least get a couple more players but think we'll make use of our loan quota too for some extra quality. The domestic transfer window stays open longer this time, so there's still plenty of time for us to get a few more signings in and possibly even see some more leave or loaned out too. 

I’d want Murphy’s replacement next if I were Monk. None of our in-house options look able to fill his boots, and as much as I’d like Sanderson he’d be more defence-minded. 

We need some players who will make the starting eleven better At the moment only Brown does that, and the rest of the team are either the same, or no better, than last season’s team It’s been a lot of huff and puff without actually achieving much. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When does the international window close? I think that’s when we’ll bring in a couple of players on loan from premier League clubs. Suspect there will be a free for all after the 25 man squads have been named. 

Id like us to bring in a couple more. A ‘number 9’ and left wing back if Reach isn’t going to be used there. 

Would love to see Westwood leave but no chance of that

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We need some players who will make the starting eleven better At the moment only Brown does that, and the rest of the team are either the same, or no better, than last season’s team It’s been a lot of huff and puff without actually achieving much. 

sounds like harris all over all huff and puff but cross ends up in row z , a truly awful footballer 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Night King said:

When does the international window close? I think that’s when we’ll bring in a couple of players on loan from premier League clubs. Suspect there will be a free for all after the 25 man squads have been named. 

Id like us to bring in a couple more. A ‘number 9’ and left wing back if Reach isn’t going to be used there. 

Would love to see Westwood leave but no chance of that

international window closes next Monday at 11pm

after that EFL clubs can make permanent and loan transfers between themselves and also with Premier League clubs up until 16th October. Premier League clubs can only buy from EFL clubs after the international deadline and not between themselves

i'm not expecting any more business from us until sometime around the 16th

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

The rest of the team quality wise is severely worse than recent years, although effort wise it might not be 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I’d want Murphy’s replacement next if I were Monk. None of our in-house options look able to fill his boots, and as much as I’d like Sanderson he’d be more defence-minded. 

I think you are right but no idea who could do similar job to Murphy.

4 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Think we will bring several loan players in expect them to be young players from Premier League. Several areas in team are thin. We need some one else in defence, both wing back areas need options, First choice mdfield has some talent but looks it will find hard doing tempo football for 90 minutes. We need a goal scorer up front. Other than that think we are fine.

13 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

The rest of the team quality wise is severely worse than recent years, although effort wise it might not be 

Maybe not severely worse, but other than Brown, no better. That’s not necessarily saying recruitment has been bad, just not enough emphasis on quality, and improving the starting eleven
Goalkeeper the same

Centre backs the same, we don’t know what Dunkley is like

Full backs at best, the same, but maybe Fox would have improved us
Midfield better, Brown has improved us, decent midfield options

Forwards probably marginally worse I’d say

Back up options about the same, but we’ve managed to bring the age profile down

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe not severely worse, but other than Brown, no better. That’s not necessarily saying recruitment has been bad, just not enough emphasis on quality, and improving the starting eleven
Goalkeeper the same

Centre backs the same, we don’t know what Dunkley is like

Full backs at best, the same, but maybe Fox would have improved us
Midfield better, Brown has improved us, decent midfield options

Forwards probably marginally worse I’d say

Back up options about the same, but we’ve managed to bring the age profile down

Fox could not play as a wing back to save his life If he had stayed he would be used in back 3. he lacks mobility to play wing back. It was only when we stopped playing silly full back role right high up field with defensive responsibilities did his form improve. He is old fashioned full back.

Brown is 60 minute player excellent in first half but fades after 60 minutes. Check his stats.

Big plus in midfield this season is Loungo who is playing very well, best defensive midfield performances seen in quite a while in Owls shirt.

Windass is pace option up front we did not have before but loss of Fletcher is a blow. Patterson will improve work rate considerably and may mitigate loss of Fletcher.