Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I was looking at the under-23 and under-18 squad lists and it has Adedoyin and Hagan as forwards for the under-23s and Bonnington and Zottas as forwards for the under-18s. Both under-18 forwards were involved in the first under-23 game of the season last week against Wigan.

Then for the first team you have Rhodes, Windass, and Kachunga. Reach is currently being used as a forward. To say we have a lack of forwards at the club is an undersratement.

I'm totally expecting us to go to Bristol City next Sunday with the same choice of forwards. In fact I'm not expecting us to bring anyone in until the domestic only two week window that runs during the next international break. In all fairness though I find it hard to believe we're going to invest heavily in a forward or two while relegation to League 1 hangs over us?

15 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Gayle would be unrealistic but Bonatini and Davis could be alright as a more physical presence up top with Windass or Kachunga 

Yes I hope we are moving on to some other targets now as the Zohore deal seems a bit pricey and is dragging on.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jim said:

I was looking at the under-23 and under-18 squad lists and it has Adedoyin and Hagan as forwards for the under-23s and Bonnington and Zottas as forwards for the under-18s. Both under-18 forwards were involved in the first under-23 game of the season last week against Wigan.

Then for the first team you have Rhodes, Windass, and Kachunga. Reach is currently being used as a forward. To say we have a lack of forwards at the club is an undersratement.

I'm totally expecting us to go to Bristol City next Sunday with the same choice of forwards. In fact I'm not expecting us to bring anyone in until the domestic only two week window that runs during the next international break. In all fairness though I find it hard to believe we're going to invest heavily in a forward or two while relegation to League 1 hangs over us?

We might be better doing so if we can and if they are willing. It’s much harder to get one when you can only pay them 2.5k a week. The Mackems ended up having to sign Danny Graham!

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I am be wrong but where they demanding 5 million from us at the time? 

Aberdeen amazingly turned down £7m for him at one point and now they’re accepting £3m because they’re skint because of Covid.

McKenna is massively overrated and not worth anywhere near that money IMO. I really don’t see where the clamour and plaudits come from. We signed Bates at the time we were interested, and I said then that McKenna was a far better player then him, which is true, Bates was and is garbage, but McKenna is still a bang average centre back. We’re really not missing anything major trust me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Aberdeen amazingly turned down £7m for him at one point and now they’re accepting £3m because they’re skint because of Covid.

McKenna is massively overrated and not worth anywhere near that money IMO. I really don’t see where the clamour and plaudits come from. We signed Bates at the time we were interested, and I said then that McKenna was a far better player then him, which is true, Bates was and is garbage, but McKenna is still a bang average centre back. We’re really not missing anything major trust me.

Whatever happened to Bates ? Has he found a club yet ?

21 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Maybe another Mark Reynolds! 

• Like 1