Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like Keenan Davis, he has good attributes, but goal wise, he’s less productive than Zohore, who himself is hardly prolific Along with our other goal shy forwards, who will score the goals we need

Yeh, pretty much my thoughts 

Can’t say I can put my finger on a name who we could realistically look to bring in, I think it’s a case of taking a chance on someone 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t say I can put my finger on a name who we could realistically look to bring in, I think it’s a case of taking a chance on someone 

So...you've heard or suggesting?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Play them all in a 4-3-3, and they might get enough between them. Davis could be that person to take a chance on, as I said, he does have the attributes, so he could suddenly click

11 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

McCauley Bonne at Charlton - QPR are having a go but getting bids rejected (seemingly around 200-400k level) - for my money he'd be a really good option for us.

that sounds very cheap, definitely a player we should be in for imo especially at that sort of price. 

• Like 1

If were still struggling towards the deadline I wonder if we would take another chance with Wickham,  wouldn’t think twice about a move here 

Another who doesn’t score enough for me though 

Haven’t Preston had a couple of offers turned down for Davis? They’ve done well with the youngsters they’ve signed from Villa previously. Whenever I’ve seen him play, I’ve been impressed with his all round game, but that goals record is a big worry, especially as we wouldn’t be bringing him in as a foil for an already prolific scorer. Based on nothing more than a hunch though, I feel he might be worth a punt

I like Davis. He’s a bit of a Heskey-type grafting for the team. Players bounce off him. But, all the noises suggest he’s signing a new contract at Villa, and with Wesley out until new year, Hogan already sold and Samatta likely to leave, I can’t see Villa letting Davis out. Would only leave them Watkins.

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I like Davis. He’s a bit of a Heskey-type grafting for the team. Players bounce off him. But, all the noises suggest he’s signing a new contract at Villa, and with Wesley out until new year, Hogan already sold and Samatta likely to leave, I can’t see Villa letting Davis out. Would only leave them Watkins.

Although Villa were linked with another centre forward last week, but I forget who it was. Shame, as I think Davis has the raw materials that someone like Beattie could work with

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Although Villa were linked with another centre forward last week, but I forget who it was. Shame, as I think Davis has the raw materials that someone like Beattie could work with

Id rather sign Davis than Zohore for age and re-sale. Seems all our eggs are in the Big Ken basket at the moment.