Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Id rather sign Davis than Zohore for age and re-sale. Seems all our eggs are in the Big Ken basket at the moment. 

can only imagine we would sign Davis on loan, as you say it sounds like he is about to sign a new deal at Villa. If we could sign either permanently though I would go with Davis also. 

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Id rather sign Davis than Zohore for age and re-sale. Seems all our eggs are in the Big Ken basket at the moment. 

Agree, have to trust the clubs decision making, but to me Zohore would be a good signing, but not essential (in the sense we need a forward, but he's not all that, decent on his day but not exceptional, or worth the money being quoted)

Davis would be a more exciting signing IMO

5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

From Sky Sports

10:41

FROM SHEFFIELD TO CYPRUS

Sam Hutchinson is set to join Cypriot side Pafos FC on a two-year deal, following his release by Sheffield Wednesday. 

Jason Puncheon plays for them apparently. Nice move for him, Paphos is a nice little city 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

From Sky Sports

10:41

FROM SHEFFIELD TO CYPRUS

Sam Hutchinson is set to join Cypriot side Pafos FC on a two-year deal, following his release by Sheffield Wednesday. 

They were formed in 2014 and average about 1,500 attendances from what I can see.

That's going to feel very strange after being a regular in the Championship for the past eight or nine seasons.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They were formed in 2014 and average about 1,500 attendances from what I can see.

That's going to feel very strange after being a regular in the Championship for the past eight or nine seasons.

Winding down to retirement I guess. Nice place to see out your time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Must be a massive drop in wages, even if the climate and location will be more tolerable than Sheffield 6.  

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

He's only just turned 31, which should give him a few more years on the clock, particularly at centre half. 

I wonder if his previous injury problems mean he's going to have a shorter career than most?

As you say, though - not a bad place to play for a few years if he's happy to wind down towards his second retirement.