Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday remain interested in doing a loan deal for Kenneth Zohore this summer, but it’s emerged that West Brom have slapped an £8m fee on the striker’s head in a bid to raise funds. (The Athletic)

So unless a related team want him he stays at West Bromwich on £50k p.w. until they agree to a loan deal at 10:00pm in transfer deadline day where a desperate championship team agree to pay half his wages then

17 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So unless a related team want him he stays at West Bromwich on £50k p.w. until they agree to a loan deal at 10:00pm in transfer deadline day where a desperate championship team agree to pay half his wages then

I just hope that we aren’t the team that panics last minute and pays over the odds for players. We need to have signings sorted well before the end of the window so we don’t panic and pay crazy wages. 

• Like 3

Just goes to show that so many involved in football are out of touch, Zahore is not good enough for the Premiership and who in the Championship are going to pay 8million and pay him 50k a week especially with no one going through the turnstiles.  NEXT. 

10 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Not Reach, no.  He does have pedigree in the Championship, so that’s an oversight on my part.  Although he’s a player totally lacking any kind of form for a long time now.

Well I’m not going to start tearing strips off our players after 2 league games into the season.

But put it this way, from mid-October to early-November we have 7 league games in 3 weeks.  And from mid-November to 2nd January we have 12 league games in 6 weeks.

Having strength in reserve is going to be key this season.

Do you think honestly think the squad we have now has enough quality in depth to negotiate its way through that gruelling fixture list?

That grueling fixture list is the same for every team. Some are better equiped than we are and some probably worse. Don't let our good start fool you, this season is still about survival after a 12 point deduction, anything more is a bonus. We wiill suffer if we get a few injuries, so do all the other teams. Let's wait until the window closes before we start to panic.

So far so good.

• Like 2

Depends what feedback we’ve been given re.Zohore.

If the player has indicated he wants to come here then I’d persevere with trying to agree terms with wba.

If the player himself is unsure because he has options then we should probably walk.

Also, if - for arguments sake - it's a choice between a smart buy like Bonne for a modest fee or a loan for Zohore on top dollar, I’d choose Bonne.

31 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Just goes to show that so many involved in football are out of touch, Zahore is not good enough for the Premiership and who in the Championship are going to pay 8million and pay him 50k a week especially with no one going through the turnstiles.  NEXT. 

Not great in the championship either. Bin him.

Forest are worse than we were during our FFP spending spree. They’re hoarding players like crazy with no apparent system in place. Literally get to the PL at whatever cost. I would’ve thought the likes of Leeds and Utd have shown teams recruitment and structure is fair more effective than scattergun spending.

• Like 1

A team who bought Perreira for 9 arent then getting 8 for Zohore. Therell be a lot of to'in and fro'in on this deal but he'll eventually go somewhere on loan as he won't want to lose any of that 50k a week and west brom will want to recoup some money to spend it elsewhere. Probably one for deadline day.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I am be wrong but where they demanding 5 million from us at the time? 

dunno. There were reports of a 3mil bid from us, but the same was said about Turnbull. Probly all ballacks. Doubt we could have done either at the time. It was said that Aberdeen wanted 7mil. Was also said they wanted 4mil for Cosgrove, but then accepted 2mil offer from Guingamp.

59 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Went on the WBA Fans forum site and they were saying that they paid 4m for him and with add ons it would take it up to 8m.

So I would think 2-3 million is a more reasonable price but this has been rumbling on for to far too long we need a player in now and ready for the next league game.

Look elsewhere 

I bet we get him on deadline day .... smells a bit like how we got rhodes