Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

I blame you for Coronavirus. You wanted a distraction, you got one.

I was only saying the other day that the only thing I'd not been blamed for on Owls Talk was Coronavirus but that it wouldn't be long, and there you go.

• Haha 1

Don’t get all stick Palmer gets. 
played 300 games for us so can’t be that bad. 
can prob count on one hand how many times he’s let us down if he has. 
reliable. Versatile. Hardly ever injured.

loves the club. Fan of the club. Boyhood club. 
ridiculous. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

ridiculous. 

He's played closer to 250 for us, but the sentiment is right

12 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

ridiculous. 

I agree, and for all the chances Odubajo gets (he is one of the worst players I've seen in the last few years) I just don't get the negativity aim at Palmer.

• Like 1

To get rid of someone like Palmer means we’d probably need to bring in two or even three players as a replacement. To the extent, Palmer is fairly invaluable. 

Palmer is cheap wages wise, can now play across the defence and probably across the whole midfield if you asked him. Unspectacular but not got many clangers in him either. 

I’ll echo what someone else said in the fact that we’re no longer a top six club, The only way we’re gonna break that top six is if we get lucky and scramble together a really cheap team that does the business.

So yes. Palmer probably isn’t ‘top six quality’ in any of the positions he plays. But our whole squad next season is gonna look massively different and no longer ‘top six’.

• Like 1

With us playing West brom got me thinking what about Burke as an option if they go up they have loaned him out for last couple of seasons and from what I can see he might be available on a free , young can play on both wings and bot of pace about him aswell 

Don’t know if this mentioned in the Wigan administration thread so sorry if it has. Surly there situation will help is buy windass or even get him on a free if they just release him to save wages ect. 

12 hours ago, MRMIFF said:

Don’t know if this mentioned in the Wigan administration thread so sorry if it has. Surly there situation will help is buy windass or even get him on a free if they just release him to save wages ect. 

You might be right......

It has been claimed by the Daily Record that Wigan keeper David Marshall is “free to join” Celtic this summer, with Wigan Athletic entering administration.

Marshall still has a year remaining on his contract at the DW Stadium but it is said that amid administration, Wigan will have some “major decisions” to make regarding their playing staff.

12 hours ago, MRMIFF said:

Going to be a fire sale surely. I’d like us to pinch Sam Morsy while we are it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

Going to be a fire sale surely. I’d like us to pinch Sam Morsy while we are it. 

We’ll be in for him

Thats if the Owlstalk know all’s are wrong and we ain’t in administration and on -150 points next week 

Talking to whoever’s running the show at Wigan about a deal for Windass,  also want Sam Morsy but there’s Prem interest in him 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Talking to whoever’s running the show at Wigan about a deal for Windass,  also want Sam Morsy but there’s Prem interest in him 

Out of interest, where do we think Windass might play in the current system? 

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Out of interest, where do we think Windass might play in the current system? 

Second-striker. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Second-striker. 

Most likely, yes, but I’m not convinced he’d address any of our shortcomings there

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In the hole behind a front pair.

leaves us with a 2 man midfield again, possibly behind a lone striker, but hopefully one more mobile than Fletcher or Wickham 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Most likely, yes, but I’m not convinced he’d address any of our shortcomings there

Might be an idea to try it before you condemn it.