Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Might be an idea to try it before you condemn it. 

Be a bit late then, we’d be stuck with him. Anyway, I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, perhaps alongside a quick target man, it might work. We have to introduce a bit of pace into our forward line

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Be a bit late then, we’d be stuck with him. Anyway, I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, perhaps alongside a quick target man, it might work. We have to introduce a bit of pace into our forward line

Well he's back training so hopefully we can test him out in a few games before we have to make a decision. He's no slouch either. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Well he's back training so hopefully we can test him out in a few games before we have to make a decision. He's no slouch either. 

Yes it will be interesting to see if Monk plays him up front alongside Wickham on Wednesday

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Most likely, yes, but I’m not convinced he’d address any of our shortcomings there

leaves us with a 2 man midfield again, possibly behind a lone striker, but hopefully one more mobile than Fletcher or Wickham 

I think one of the problems is the balance of trying to play a 3-5-2 with 5 wide men in the set up. Hunt in on a regular basis may help but he has not yet fully won the trust of his manager yet as demonstrated by coming on from the bench.

My perfect centre three if fit would be Lee, Bannan and hunt. sacrifice one wide man and let Windass play behind a single striker just behind.

What we have is a lack of balance a couple of wins would help them with confidence.  

18 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I think one of the problems is the balance of trying to play a 3-5-2 with 5 wide men in the set up. Hunt in on a regular basis may help but he has not yet fully won the trust of his manager yet as demonstrated by coming on from the bench.

My perfect centre three if fit would be Lee, Bannan and hunt. sacrifice one wide man and let Windass play behind a single striker just behind.

What we have is a lack of balance a couple of wins would help them with confidence.  

Sunday showed that Bannan and Hunt in midfield are going to both drop deeper than Hutchinson and Bannan used to. Need a player behind them not infront of them. 

Hope we see Bannan Pelupessy and Hunt before the season is out as I think that may work.

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

There was a Twitter rumour about us signing Northampton’s captain who has been getting great reviews but source questionable!

That tall center-back ? Goode ?!

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Yeah it was on some efl rumours page along side us signing Gnanduillet and chumi whos just been released by Barcelona 

Think it was one of those fan boy suggestion sites Don’t think any of his suggestions would improve us

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think it was one of those fan boy suggestion sites Don’t think any of his suggestions would improve us

Yeah think you're right tbf but for some reason I always find myself clicking on them more out of curiosity I guess 

Just now, RedDragonOwl said:

Jamilu Collins would be a decent shout. Can play as a left wing back. Very quick and strong in the tackle. I doubt we'd be able to afford a couple of million to buy him though. Probably end up at someone like Brenford if they don't go up.

Where is he?

27 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Jamilu Collins would be a decent shout. Can play as a left wing back. Very quick and strong in the tackle. I doubt we'd be able to afford a couple of million to buy him though. Probably end up at someone like Brenford if they don't go up.

Interesting, he played for my hometown club couple of years ago in HNL 2.

Looked good player back then but that was at atrocious standard of football. I'm quite confident that Matt Penney is twice the player that he is.