Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

8 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Maybe but the fact they have only offered nuhiu a short contract just seems like they are not wanting him past end of this season

Like Lee, I think it was easier in the short term just to sort out terms for the rest of the season.

Lee is playing well enough for a new contract. As for Nuhiu, you’ll struggle to attract anyone else to play a squad role like he does. A lot on here don’t agree which I understand but I think we’d miss him more than many think. Look how things have gone to pot since Semedo and Loovens left regardless of whether they were in the team regularly or not?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Like Lee, I think it was easier in the short term just to sort out terms for the rest of the season.

Lee is playing well enough for a new contract. As for Nuhiu, you’ll struggle to attract anyone else to play a squad role like he does. A lot on here don’t agree which I understand but I think we’d miss him more than many think. Look how things have gone to pot since Semedo and Loovens left regardless of whether they were in the team regularly or not?

100% I want lee to sign a longer deal. 

Regarding nuhiu you might be right because if not that leaves rhodes as our only striker but I just think we need to get rid and start a new era but I cant see dc signing 3 new strikers unless we do get the blokes from derby and Charlton on freebies which would save us loads on transfer fees

2 hours ago, S70 Owl said:

Realistically i can only see 16 players from the current squad being around at the start of next season/in the match day squads. There are areas we desperately need cover for ....

Goalkeepers:

Joe wildsmith

Cameron Dawson

Kieran Westwood - as we know will most likely leave 

Need a back up - be able to get one on a free

Defenders:

Liam Palmer

Dom Iorfa

Julian Borner

Matt Penney (option to work in the new system we're play with the wing backs)

Moses Odubajo - Monk said he could go earlier in the season so that's a tricky one

Tom Lees - days may be numbered

Fox - Gone

JVA - will be frozen out, or loaned

new centre half and a left back needed if not more

Midfielders:

Kadeem Harris

Joey Pelupessy (sigh)

Bannan

Adam Reach - i don't know why, but i have a feeling he'll leave for a couple million

Luongo

Hunt - obviously has huge potential, a league 1 loan would be great for him

Hutch - Gone

Lee - Gone

2 maybe 3 needed in this department - seen a few mention him but jackson irvine would suit, Ben Whiteman from Donny is one i'd look to sign good age at 23

Strikers:

Fletcher  - Gone

Nuhiu - to go

FF - gone

winnall - gone

Rhodes - may even go, especially if he bangs a couple in

at least 3 needed, i dont even know who to suggest - but hopefully 3 different kinds ... mainly pace and direct

Keepers wise I'm not sure who's about at moment on a free but I think Darlow up at Newcastle is out of contract so if Westwood goes he might be an option 

Defence wise I think we will go for another wingback but no ideas here

Midfield id be looking at whiteman , maddison , I've seen Irvine mentioned and think we will go back and get windass plus maybe another winger 

Strikers I can see us trying to get Wickham back next season and looking at the loan market for youngster with some pace about him ,I'd look at buying tshimanga from Borehamwood he's the sort of player a Peterborough or Brentford would pick up for next to nothing and sell for a big fee in a couple of years time , 22 years old and last two seasons has scored a lot of goals if we had some money to spend aswell this is the area we need to be using it I think somebody like an Ivan toney but I reckon we could be priced well out of a move for him

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Lees is the captain, he won’t want to

play second fiddle to anyone particularly at his age.

Having a look at JVA is a waste of time. Physically he can’t handle the championship plus he’s a bit of a crock. He still missed games at Osnabruck this season. Not convinced with Penney.

Reach will go. Fan opinion as much as anything will see Pelupessy go. The decision to activate the extra year in his contract was as much to keep him for the rest of the season as anything?

Cheers Gary, who we going to sign? 

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

Keepers wise I'm not sure who's about at moment on a free but I think Darlow up at Newcastle is out of contract so if Westwood goes he might be an option 

Defence wise I think we will go for another wingback but no ideas here

Midfield id be looking at whiteman , maddison , I've seen Irvine mentioned and think we will go back and get windass plus maybe another winger 

Strikers I can see us trying to get Wickham back next season and looking at the loan market for youngster with some pace about him ,I'd look at buying tshimanga from Borehamwood he's the sort of player a Peterborough or Brentford would pick up for next to nothing and sell for a big fee in a couple of years time , 22 years old and last two seasons has scored a lot of goals if we had some money to spend aswell this is the area we need to be using it I think somebody like an Ivan toney but I reckon we could be priced well out of a move for him

You'd waste a sizeable chunk of the budget on another keeper? 

I'd rather renew PJ for another 12 months as experienced and cheap cover and spend the money on more urgent areas

• Like 4

Guest Mcguigan
4 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

100% I want lee to sign a longer deal. 

Regarding nuhiu you might be right because if not that leaves rhodes as our only striker but I just think we need to get rid and start a new era but I cant see dc signing 3 new strikers unless we do get the blokes from derby and Charlton on freebies which would save us loads on transfer fees

I’m resigning myself to the fact we won’t be paying fees for anyone, that way I’m not let down.

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

You'd waste a sizeable chunk of the budget on another keeper? 

I'd rather renew PJ for another 12 months as experienced and cheap cover and spend the money on more urgent areas

Not really I think he's available on a free and he would be on similar wage to Westwood id have thought and as I put it was just an option 

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Not really I think he's available on a free and he would be on similar wage to Westwood id have thought and as I put it was just an option 

Yea Westwood, who is one of our top earners and has been one of the reasons we are in the current predicament, coupled with the fact we have 2 good championship keepers in Dawson and Wildsmith, though granted Dawson form was poor for most of this season 

32 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Yea Westwood, who is one of our top earners and has been one of the reasons we are in the current predicament, coupled with the fact we have 2 good championship keepers in Dawson and Wildsmith, though granted Dawson form was poor for most of this season 

I posted Earlier in thread that I'd be looking to offload one of the keepers we have and look to bring in a number 1.

and to be fair we are more in this predicament through stockpiling average players and refusing to sell when the opportunity presented itself 

17 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

I posted Earlier in thread that I'd be looking to offload one of the keepers we have and look to bring in a number 1.

and to be fair we are more in this predicament through stockpiling average players and refusing to sell when the opportunity presented itself 

Both our keepers could be worth some good money. We need to take the short term pain for long term gain and it shouldn’t take long.

If anything if Wildsmith became no1 and Westwood can’t be moved on. Then loan out Dawson and have him get the game time and keep Wildsmith and Westwood for a season.

If we looked elsewhere assuming a scenario where a couple go I’d look at Mcgavilray at Portsmouth who has some good experiences of big games but is late 20s and out of favour.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Folarin Balogun is refusing to sign a new contract with Arsenal. Prolific scorer with their age group sides, might be worth having a look at

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Compensation could be an issue

More pertinent, why on earth would such a highly regarded youngster consider signing for us.  More likely to end up in Germany or with another Premier League club.

38 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

More pertinent, why on earth would such a highly regarded youngster consider signing for us.  More likely to end up in Germany or with another Premier League club.

Id say a combination of that and the huge compensation fee are both fairly pertinent but yeah a lot of players have seen Sancho go and want to do the same

31 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Id say a combination of that and the huge compensation fee are both fairly pertinent but yeah a lot of players have seen Sancho go and want to do the same

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.  As far as I understand it, compensation in such cases is not usually a large amount.

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.  As far as I understand it, compensation in such cases is not usually a large amount.

The compensation fee for a player of his age... having been in Arsenal's youth academy for the number of years he has been, with their academy being the category that it is, having made plenty of appearances at youth international stage, with his goalscoring record... will come to a few £million (as I understand it). 

We're skint. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Thanks 1

Until the season actually finishes and the teams staying put, going up and going down have been sorted, not many players will be agreeing moves. 

I also doubt teams will be sanctioning moves before they have sorted their 20/21 budgets either, the EFL have yet to confirm if they are adopting the FIFA ruling that FFP will be suspended for the 20/21 season (No surprises there). Clubs will probably be notified as the 21/22 season starts knowing the EFL...

Edited by Minton