Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

If we aren’t spending money, then players like Windass, and sadly, Holland, will be beyond us. Personally I don’t rate Windass as a striker, and I wasn’t keen on wasting a fee on him Guess if it’s down to frees, it will be the likes of Bennett, plus perhaps half a dozen loanees

Think Holland has 2yrs left at West Ham, perhaps a loan may be possible - if they aren't relegated and make use of him themselves. Think Bennett penned a contract extension before heading to Millwall. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Premiership loanees don’t come free though

You'd think Brewster & Nketiah were paid for in skittles the way people speak about signing such likes. They'll both likely be in the prem next season, so who does that leave?

23 hours ago, S70 Owl said:

Realistically i can only see 16 players from the current squad being around at the start of next season/in the match day squads. There are areas we desperately need cover for ....

Goalkeepers:

Joe wildsmith

Cameron Dawson

Kieran Westwood - as we know will most likely leave 

Need a back up - be able to get one on a free

Defenders:

Liam Palmer

Dom Iorfa

Julian Borner

Matt Penney (option to work in the new system we're play with the wing backs)

Moses Odubajo - Monk said he could go earlier in the season so that's a tricky one

Tom Lees - days may be numbered

Fox - Gone

JVA - will be frozen out, or loaned

new centre half and a left back needed if not more

Midfielders:

Kadeem Harris

Joey Pelupessy (sigh)

Bannan

Adam Reach - i don't know why, but i have a feeling he'll leave for a couple million

Luongo

Hunt - obviously has huge potential, a league 1 loan would be great for him

Hutch - Gone

Lee - Gone

2 maybe 3 needed in this department - seen a few mention him but jackson irvine would suit, Ben Whiteman from Donny is one i'd look to sign good age at 23

Strikers:

Fletcher  - Gone

Nuhiu - to go

FF - gone

winnall - gone

Rhodes - may even go, especially if he bangs a couple in

at least 3 needed, i dont even know who to suggest - but hopefully 3 different kinds ... mainly pace and direct

Even tho we dont have many players left there is still quite a few to move on IMO:

Goalkeepers:

Joe Wildsmith - Keep new contract

Cameron Dawson - Keep

Kieran Westwood - Go

Paul Jones - Keep new contract 1 year

Defenders:

Liam Palmer - Go

Dom Iorfa - Keep - new contract

Julian Borner - Keep

Matt Penney - Keep new contract

Moses Odubajo - Keep

Tom Lees - Go

JVA - Go

Midfielders:

Kadeem Harris - Keep

Joey Pelupessy - Go but we already know hes staying

Bannan - Keep new contract

Adam Reach - Keep new contract

Luongo - Keep

Hunt - Keep new contract

Lee - Keep new contract 1 year

Strikers:

Nuhiu - Keep new contract 1 year

Rhodes - Go

So obviously there is still a massive job to be done out as well as in, but we have to start thinking about contracts as we cant be affording to lose more players for nothing next summer. We should have been getting money for players that have gone for nothing, we cant continue so with the likes of Bannan and Reach even if we are looking to move them on we need to get them on new contracts so we can get a fee.

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You'd think Brewster & Nketiah were paid for in skittles the way people speak about signing such likes. They'll both likely be in the prem next season, so who does that leave?

Plus the big clubs are looking to place their better youngsters with clubs who play a certain way The thing is, if there is no real budget, we are looking at players who are free, and not frees who would command compensation. As for loanees, yes the top youngsters will be beyond us, for the reasons already outlined, ditto more experienced players who will command higher wages, which the parent club subsidise Basically our best chance will be take on youngsters who the bigger clubs want to out for experience, and whose wages would be subsidised

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Plus the big clubs are looking to place their better youngsters with clubs who play a certain way The is, if there is no real budget, we are looking at players who are free, and not frees who would command a compensation.As for loanees, yes the top youngsters will be beyond us, for the reasons outlined, ditto more experienced players who will command higher wages, which the parent club subsidise Basically our best chance will be take on youngsters who the bigger clubs want to out for experience, and whose wages would be subsidised

Who fits that bill in terms of young strikers? Garner would be a great loan addition in midfield. Whom should the club be targeting up top?

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Even tho we dont have many players left there is still quite a few to move on IMO:

Goalkeepers:

Cameron Dawson - Keep

Kieran Westwood - Go

Defenders:

Liam Palmer - Go

Julian Borner - Keep

Moses Odubajo - Keep

Tom Lees - Go

JVA - Go

Midfielders:

Kadeem Harris - Keep

Luongo - Keep

Hunt - Keep new contract

Strikers:

Rhodes - Go

So obviously there is still a massive job to be done out as well as in, but we have to start thinking about contracts as we cant be affording to lose more players for nothing next summer. We should have been getting money for players that have gone for nothing, we cant continue so with the likes of Bannan and Reach even if we are looking to move them on we need to get them on new contracts so we can get a fee.

time for Nuhiu to move on, can't keep sticking with the same players ... need to start refreshing the squad every couple of years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Who fits that bill in terms of young strikers? Garner would be a great loan addition in midfield. Whom should the club be targeting up top?

I’ve always thought it would be practically impossible to recruit 4 or 5 strikers with no budget, at this level anyway. It’s doable in League One, but in the championship, I don’t think so. 
Of course one way round this might be, to raise a budget by selling assets. That can be a slippery slope, if we end up selling the players most likely to keep us in the division. With such a threadbare squad, our options there are limited

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Goalkeepers:

Cameron Dawson - Keep

Kieran Westwood - Go

Defenders:

Liam Palmer - Go

Julian Borner - Keep

Moses Odubajo - Keep

Tom Lees - Go

JVA - Go

Midfielders:

Kadeem Harris - Keep

Luongo - Keep

Hunt - Keep new contract

Strikers:

Rhodes - Go

Why do you want Liam Palmer gone?

• Like 6

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve always thought it would be practically impossible to recruit 4 or 5 strikers with no budget, at this level anyway. It’s doable in League One, but in the championship, I don’t think so. 
Of course one way round this might be, to raise a budget by selling assets. That can be a slippery slope, if we end up selling the players most likely to keep us in the division. With such a threadbare squad, our options there are limited

So, you can't name any? The glut of young cheap strikers doesn't exist. The notion we can just grab a handful of prem loanees and that'll sort us out, is a load of rubbish. If we manage one or two we'd have done very well - and they probably wouldn't be strikers - nor cheap. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

So, you can't name any? The glut of young cheap strikers doesn't exist. The notion we can just grab a handful of prem loanees and that'll sort us out, is a load of rubbish. If we manage one or two we'd have done very well - and they probably wouldn't be strikers - nor cheap. 

Exactly, it’s an impossible task, without raising some sort of budget We might get lucky with one freebie, but we won’t get by in the Championship with one decent striker It’s a friggin mess

Guest wilyfox
56 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we aren’t spending money, then players like Windass, and sadly, Holland, will be beyond us. Personally I don’t rate Windass as a striker, and I wasn’t keen on wasting a fee on him Guess if it’s down to frees, it will be the likes of Bennett, plus perhaps half a dozen loanees

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Exactly, it’s an impossible task, without raising some sort of budget We might get lucky with one freebie, but we won’t get by in the Championship with one decent striker It’s a friggin mess

So, you admit this glut of potential loanees does not exist, but still think that should be our strategy anyway whilst turning your nose up at Windass & Martin? 

Players out of contract I think we should target:-

GK - Darlow (depends on whether Wildsmith is seen as good enough now or not)

CB - Ayala & Chester

LB - Kingsley

RB - Freeman

DM - Colback

CM - Irvine

FW - Ward & Kachunga

None would break the bank, although would think Ayala and Chester would be fairly high with wages, and all without a transfer fee. 

Edited by CalmJimmers
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So, you admit this glut of potential loanees does not exist, but still think that should be our strategy anyway whilst turning your nose up at Windass & Martin? 

No, loanees do exist, they very much have to be part of our strategy. We might not be in the running for the likes of Brewster and Nketiah, but we need to show a bit of imagination here. Two of the best loanees in recent times were signed by Wigan, James and Robinson. 

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, loanees do exist, they very much have to be part of our strategy. We might not be in the running for the likes of Brewster and Nketiah, but we need to show a bit of imagination here. Two of the best loanees in recent times were signed by Wigan, James and Robinson. 

So, I ask once more... Who are these supposed striker loans we should target? You've named two full-backs to try and dodge the question, but it still remains. If you scoff at suggestions champ level, who are these imaginary strikers we should be after? 

43 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

time for Nuhiu to move on, can't keep sticking with the same players ... need to start refreshing the squad every couple of years

While i agree with you, are we gonna get anyone better whos happy to be a part of it as a fourth choice striker who comes on to change a game ?? We have lost a lot of voices in that dressing room think he could offer something for another year.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wickham?

One year left on his contract. I'd have thought another loan unlikely in his case - same with Murphy. From a Palace perspective, use him or sell him should be their agenda. 

44 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why do you want Liam Palmer gone?

I have wanted Liam Palmer gone for years and years never been good enough. Should have bought a new right back years ago and made Hunt back up getting rid of Palmer. 

Yes he has improved over the past couple of years. Yes he gives it his all but he is simply not good enough for a top 6 championship team. We have regressed that much people have forgotten how bad he is because we have had much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2