Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.

Don’t know much about him,  I’d be tempted to get an older head at the back personally , If Lees goes it leaves Iorfa who’s susceptible to a bit of head loss 

We previously had interest in Dani Ayala at Boro, still wouldn’t mind him here , and I think maybe Van Aken gets another shot  

I think the reason we switched to a back three, was not to make us more secure, it hasn’t, but to allow us to get the extra man in midfield, whilst still retaining a strike pairing. For me, the jury’s out, although it’s hard to tell with the current personnel. We’ve barely got enough bodies to play that extra man, and there’s no evidence that playing 2 cr@p strikers, is any more effective than playing 1 cr@p striker

• Like 1

Still think Marcus Maddison and Jackson Irvine are good shouts both on a free 

Clayton leaving Boro aswell, another we’ve been in for previously 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Monk froze Clayton out at Boro The other two might be worth a shout if we are relegated

Just now, gurujuan said:

Monk froze Clayton out at Boro The other two might be worth a shout if we are relegated

We need a pair of wing backs as well surely Guru ? Any ideas 

15 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

If he brings the other two Goodies with him thats the defence sorted. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We need a pair of wing backs as well surely Guru ? Any ideas 

Not specifically mate, although I’d turn to the Premier League, like Wigan did when they borrowed James and Robinson Most young Premier League wing backs will have the attributes we are looking for, pace, quality on the ball, and the energy to get up and down

edit plus I’m hopeful young Penney will shape up

Edited by gurujuan

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not specifically mate, although I’d turn to the Premier League, like Wigan did when they borrowed James and Robinson Most young Premier League wing backs will have the attributes we are looking for, pace, quality on the ball, and the energy to get up and down

edit plus I’m hopeful young Penney will shape up

Think Penney will get a chance with Van Aken,  but then who knows what pre-season schedule we’re gonna be able to fit in and to what standard

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s all very good that he’s minted but I would rather him not be so pig headed and get some help from some proper football people and employ a director of football and a CEO. Run the club properly.

This all day long.

These are the must have first two signings of the summer.

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

George Friend would be a good fit for us but Boro are hopeful he will re sign 

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Really? Never? If they ever remake Batman, Monk would be perfect for the role of Mr Freeze? 🥶

Edited by Jim

Randell Williams got player of the year at Exeter. He’s 23, scored 5 and got 14 assists playing right wing back/right wing. Seen him linked with a few championship teams, surely we should be looking at him with it not looking like we will bring Murphy back.

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Isn’t he another player Monk had an issue with?

Yeh just done some reading,  seems he froze out Shotton, Friend , Clayton and few others 

All went back into the side when Pulis turned up