Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Have any championship clubs started making any signings yet?

Coventry brought Callum O'Hare on permanent deal and signed some Dutch defensive midfielder for over 1m.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With much more to do than most clubs, we cannot afford to drag our heels in this window

But that's the one thing we do so well lol

15 minutes ago, simpark said:

Norwich have signed Polish winger Przemyslaw Placheta and Danish midfielder Jacob Sorensen

Is that not Japanese for panchetta.

Note to self :-  where did I put that eye test letter from Specsavers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon again saying DC is loaded but we need clarity from EFL if he can spend it.

Nixon has always consistently said the owner is minted,  means very little unless he’s prepared to spend it 

Regardless of EFL case outcome I highly doubt he will be spending much this window, even if he could within FFP 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon again saying DC is loaded but we need clarity from EFL if he can spend it.

It’s all very good that he’s minted but I would rather him not be so pig headed and get some help from some proper football people and employ a director of football and a CEO. Run the club properly.

• Like 2

There are some good players about who wouldn't cost the earth and would be a good age for us

Dion Sanderson from Wolves

George Thomas released from Leicester 

Izzy Brown as a loan from Chelsea 

Nathan Holland at West Ham

Stephen Kingsley released from Hull 

Kevin Stewart out of contract at Hull

Jackson Irvine released from Hull

Mason Bennett out of contract at Derby

Of those Sanderson and Holland would cost a fee but both are young and had productive loans this season. 

That's just from a quick scout of top 2 tiers, there's some good players in early - mid 20s knocking about this summer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Nixon has always consistently said the owner is minted,  means very little unless he’s prepared to spend it 

Regardless of EFL case outcome I highly doubt he will be spending much this window, even if he could within FFP 

I think the EFL case proves he is willing to spend it (sometimes not very sensibly, I grant you) 

lol

19 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

You’d expect a flurry of frees to be announced on Monday when the window opens.

Be interesting to see how quickly teams have moved for Fox, Fletcher etc. considering their unwillingness to extend. 

Fox is off to Stoke 

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

You’d expect a flurry of frees to be announced on Monday when the window opens.

Be interesting to see how quickly teams have moved for Fox, Fletcher etc. considering their unwillingness to extend. 

... and a flurry of frees on deadline day for us 

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s all very good that he’s minted but I would rather him not be so pig headed and get some help from some proper football people and employ a director of football and a CEO. Run the club properly.

completely agree. I think it would be so much more important to spend some of his money on people to help him, advise him, tell him no if he is doing something that doesn’t make sense.  He can’t keep running the club the way he has.