Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

56 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.

Goode got some really good reviews and labelled a real leader. Had a hand in some big goals in playoffs. Source wasn’t great but some of those on that account happen so we will see

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh just done some reading,  seems he froze out Shotton, Friend , Clayton and few others 

All went back into the side when Pulis turned up 

You see bad eggs. Bad eggs everywhere. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Goode got some really good reviews and labelled a real leader. Had a hand in some big goals in playoffs. Source wasn’t great but some of those on that account happen so we will see

I watched him in the final, and he dominated at the back The standard was shocking though, and despite the goals, it was a dreadful watch Northampton do play the same percentage game that Monk likes to play though, always looking for looking for ex Wednesday legend, Vadaine Oliver

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I watched him in the final, and he dominated at the back The standard was shocking though, and despite the goals, it was a dreadful watch Northampton do play the same percentage game that Monk likes to play though, always looking for looking for ex Wednesday legend, Vadaine Oliver

Let’s have 5 goal Oliver back too. For the craic 

22 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh just done some reading,  seems he froze out Shotton, Friend , Clayton and few others 

All went back into the side when Pulis turned up 

And apparently according to Alan Nixon, at the moment he’s not under any pressure?

It scares me sh!tless regardless of the off field issues the state we might be in once Monk is finished here? We might be beyond saving?

Edited by Jim

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

And apparently according to Alan Nixon, at the moment he’s not under any pressure?

It scares me sh!tless regardless of the off field issues the state we might be in once Monk is finished here? We might be beyond saving?

Nixon left it hanging like he always does when answering questions like that by saying yet,  Chansiri is impossible to second guess , I think there may be a change when this frigging charge gets dealt out , club doesn’t really know where it’s at until it’s dealt with 

2 minutes ago, donnyowl97 said:

I remember us being linked with Beryly Lubala from Crawley in January. Monk gave him his debut at Birmingham. Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play but he’s 22 and scored 12 in 32 last season and plays out wide.

He seems an interesting prospect, but I think Monk denied any interest

4 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Reports saying we are trying to bring Murphy back.

I do like Murphy, but not as a wing back. As a winger, or part of a front three, he would be extremely useful, both as a creator, and someone who is capable of getting goals from a wide position

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Reports saying we are trying to bring Murphy back.

All will depend on what league we are in this deal imo. Would be happy with him back. The lad certainly has some quality and was probably our best player since the season resumed. 

• Like 1

OK, this isn’t official, but I’ve been told we are looking at a couple more Man City youngsters, besides Fisayo. One of them is a Doncaster lad, and I’m thinking more for the development squad, as that’s where my info originated from. As I mentioned before, it’s a well trodden path, their academy to ours

I can't really see the club being able to conduct transfers until we  get the EFL charge sorted, or at least until we know what division we're in. Even if we remain in the Championship a minus start of 9, 12 or 21 points may well alter the transfer options. 

We need so many players but for me one signing will be crucial. A new senior player to become captain, who has been there and seen it.

We have lost so much more than a defender since Loovens left. The big man had played champions league football, played in la liga defending against Messi and Ronaldo, played in cup finals. And was so good on the pitch in times when we were up against it.  

I would go all out to get Gary Cahill, to give us a season or two followed by a guaranteed coaching job. He would transform the dressing room and be that figure that the younger players could look up to. 

he doesn’t need any more dosh and would be a rolls Royce at this level.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I can't really see the club being able to conduct transfers until we  get the EFL charge sorted, or at least until we know what division we're in. Even if we remain in the Championship a minus start of 9, 12 or 21 points may well alter the transfer options. 

Although if they were signed on development contracts, that’s not such a problem

Just now, mcmigo said:

We need so many players but for me one signing will be crucial. A new senior player to become captain, who has been there and seen it.

We have lost so much more than a defender since Loovens left. The big man had played champions league football, played in la liga defending against Messi and Ronaldo, played in cup finals. And was so good on the pitch in times when we were up against it.  

I would go all out to get Gary Cahill, to give us a season or two followed by a guaranteed coaching job. He would transform the dressing room and be that figure that the younger players could look up to. 

he doesn’t need any more dosh and would be a rolls Royce at this level.

I know what you mean, a natural leader who would give the place a lift. Cahill would be brilliant, although his wages would be hugely prohibitive That’s a problem Derby overcame with Rooney though