Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I still think Wickham is our missing striker/ target man much better then the ancient Martin people keep going on about 

he’s mobile and  strongwoukd Would cause all kind of problems an attacking line of 

windass.             Brown.           Harris 

Kachunga  Wickham 

• Haha 1

Watford have too many strikers and would have even more if FF signed there. Andre Gray would be on huge wages and no doubt out of our range but I’ve always thought he represents the type of player we have missed for years and can never understand how we miss them.

He was doing well at Luton when Milan was here and couldve had him for the cost of a May. Then when DC arrived we could’ve had him for less than what we paid for Rhodes but the recruitment and plan wasn’t really in place. 

Anyway, even if he was available now the two players we just signed play the role he does. We need a Deeney/Murray

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I still think Wickham is our missing striker/ target man much better then the ancient Martin people keep going on about 

he’s mobile and  strongwoukd Would cause all kind of problems an attacking line of 

Kachunga  Wickham 

He didn't show it last season. 

Apart from in patches. He's a bit like Rhodes. Spent force. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

wickham has a far worse record than Chris Martin , much prefer Martin especially considering that would be a permanent 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

He should be strong, looked like a part time footballer full time bodybuilder in his last loan spell.

4 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

In the space of 24 hours Rhodes has dropped from number 1 striker to number 3. The lad must be full of confidence.

I imagine there will be games where all three start. Not every game of course but I could certainly see us going with a 343 where 2 of the 3 forwards are hard working and slotting back into midfield at times.  We have more players that fall into that category; wide forward, come attacking midfielder than we do have strikers.  Windass, Kachunga, Reach, Brown, Harris....

18 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

In the space of 24 hours Rhodes has dropped from number 1 striker to number 3. The lad must be full of confidence.

Well it's up to him to bang some goals in on saturday then. 

He's been crap for 5 years, not sure that last 24hrs particularly pivotal in his career decline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

Did you see running around Grenoside woods or something?

Certainly what he did on the pitch last season he was looking nowhere near mobile, as slow as Nuhiu and Rhodes.

20 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I would hope that none of those three will be in our starting line up when the squad is finalised. However, I would start all three against Walsall. We need to win, it can’t be a draw, so let’s see what all three can do. Goals in this game will do them all the world of good. That’s how Norwich got him scoring, by letting him get some confidence in games like this

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would hope that none of those three will be in our starting line up when the squad is finalised. However, I would start all three against Walsall. We need to win, it can’t be a draw, so let’s see what all three can do. Goals in this game will do them all the world of good. That’s how Norwich got him scoring, by letting him get some confidence in games like this

Certainly agree with the second part of this - all three starting and high energy, high press game with three forwards that are all capable of chipping in with a goal. Great opportunity to boost fitness and morale IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Certainly agree with the second part of this - all three starting and high energy, high press game with three forwards that are all capable of chipping in with a goal. Great opportunity to boost fitness and morale IMO. 

That’s it, we will need to call on them quite often early season, so some goals and an early confidence booster is just what’s required. What will probably happen is, the 2 new lads will be on the bench, we’ll stutter to a 0-0 draw, and then go out on penalties 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

That’s it, we will need to call on them quite often early season, so some goals and an early confidence booster is just what’s required. What will probably happen is, the 2 new lads will be on the bench, we’ll stutter to a 0-0 draw, and then go out on penalties 

It's the Wednesday way!

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think we will have signed Windass and Kachunga just to bench them. 

• Like 1

The Walsall game is the perfect opportunity to start the season as we mean to go on. We’ve heard all the talk about getting on the front foot and being more positive, now let’s see if we can put that into action. There has to be a winner, so there’s no point in setting up cagey, let’s try and win it in style 

That’s how their managing is expecting it to pan out, apparently they’ve been trying to practice a counter attacking style

Monk saying we have had to look at a different transfer market because of the point deduction. I wonder what type of players we would have been signing without the deduction. Very frustrating thinking what could have been if it wasn’t for our shambolic running of the club. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I do think there is a sort of feeling that in the grand scheme of things this season is a one off for obvious reasons.

By hook or by crook we have to retain our championship status by whatever means necessary.

Whether we are successful or not the vast majority of this current squad will probably not be here come the following season however well or not they do?

I think this is definitely the last season here for the likes of Westwood, Lees, Reach, Rhodes, maybe even Bannan?

• Like 1

Garry Monk confirming today that since the points deduction we are operating in a different market when it comes to signings.

As I’ve said many times, starting the season on minus 12 points is going to put a lot of players off coming to Wednesday and is probably the reason that we are missing out on targets and why it’s taking such a long time for us to rebuild the squad.

This points deduction is absolutely hammering us in the market and the depressing thing is it was entirely avoidable had our chairman acted in good time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk saying we have had to look at a different transfer market because of the point deduction. I wonder what type of players we would have been signing without the deduction. Very frustrating thinking what could have been if it wasn’t for our shambolic running of the club. 

So if we win the appeal, we’ve signed all these no hopers for nothing Just sounds like a bit of an excuse to me

• Like 1