Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Garry Monk confirming today that since the points deduction we are operating in a different market when it comes to signings.

As I’ve said many times, starting the season on minus 12 points is going to put a lot of players off coming to Wednesday and is probably the reason that we are missing out on targets and why it’s taking such a long time for us to rebuild the squad.

This points deduction is absolutely hammering us in the market and the depressing thing is it was entirely avoidable had our chairman acted in good time.

yes I don’t believe Kachunga would have been one of our top targets. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

What’s the alternative? Not bother signing anyone in case we win the appeal and don’t get deducted 12 points?

There are plenty of players out there who would come to Wednesday despite the points appeal Most young talents in the lower leagues would still jump at the chance, and how many in France or Belgium would even know about the situation. Tell Monk there’s a whole world out there, he can’t seem to see much beyond Wigan and chuffing Huddersfield

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

What’s the alternative? Not bother signing anyone in case we win the appeal and don’t get deducted 12 points?

Think we’ve definitely got a case for significant compensation if we do win the appeal, as it’s clearly put us at a disadvantage to all the other clubs in the Championship with regard to recruitment this summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

Think we’ve definitely got a case for significant compensation if we do win the appeal, as it’s clearly put us at a disadvantage to all the other clubs in the Championship with regard to recruitment this summer.

Agreed and if we win the appeal (which I don’t believe we will) I’d be taking legal action against the EFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No outgoings and no experienced keeper coming in according to ****.

So in a nutshell he has to get more out of certain players than he did last season plus he needs either Wildsmith or Dawson to suddenly find the form you would associate with a championship standard keeper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jim said:

No outgoings and no experienced keeper coming in according to ****.

So in a nutshell he has to get more out of certain players than he did last season plus he needs either Wildsmith or Dawson to suddenly find the form you would associate with a championship standard keeper?

personally I think we will regret not bringing in a new number one this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There are plenty of players out there who would come to Wednesday despite the points appeal Most young talents in the lower leagues would still jump at the chance, and how many in France or Belgium would even know about the situation. Tell Monk there’s a whole world out there, he can’t seem to see much beyond Wigan and chuffing Huddersfield

I’m pretty sure any player interested in joining a championship club from France or Belgium will know about it, the championship is the most widely televised second division in the world and seen by many as a stepping stone to the riches of the PL. A points deduction is not something that happens every season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Didn’t take long for the excuses to start coming out. What is he saying? Players won’t come here because they have no confidence in him being able to overcome a 12 point penalty? 

yes he’s implying he hasn’t bought in the quality he wanted. Saying a new striker might not happen in this window but in the next window is very worrying also. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Didn’t take long for the excuses to start coming out. What is he saying? Players won’t come here because they have no confidence in him being able to overcome a 12 point penalty? 

Essentially yeah, with the inference of the players we have aren’t good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes he’s implying he hasn’t bought in the quality he wanted. Saying a new striker might not happen in this window but in the next window is very worrying also. 

He’s playing things down as he should be, he’s hardly gonna come out and say “i guarantee we will sign a top striker so WalthamOwl can stop his whittling” is he?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk saying we have had to look at a different transfer market because of the point deduction. I wonder what type of players we would have been signing without the deduction. Very frustrating thinking what could have been if it wasn’t for our shambolic running of the club. 

Surely we should have been planning ahead for both seniors, surely the club it not that stupid to assume the would win the EFL case and they could continue along their merry way, only adhering to the rules the want and ignoring all the rest. You know like filing financial information within 9 months of the year end like every other company has to not being 4 month+ and still not have filed them.

I really do not care anymore I am sick and tired of the excuses. You have left it until this late in the transfer window go out and buy a striker. if you offer them enough money they all sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Surely we should have been planning ahead for both seniors, surely the club it not that stupid to assume the would win the EFL case and they could continue along their merry way, only adhering to the rules the want and ignoring all the rest. You know like filing financial information within 9 months of the year end like every other company has to not being 4 month+ and still not have filed them.

I really do not care anymore I am sick and tired of the excuses. You have left it until this late in the transfer window go out and buy a striker. if you offer them enough money they all sign.

yes our transfer business so far has been done on the cheap, surely we have a bit of money to invest in a striker?