Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

28 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We do need a focal point up front .

I just don’t think Chris Martin is mobile enough and not sure he is the kind of character Monk wants in the dressing room.

Again don’t remember him scoring a lot of goals.

Chris Martin isn’t my ideal type of signing but he has scored goals

He’s had over 100 goals majority of them in the championship 

30 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Hopefully we sign Garner (DM) and Sanderson (WB) on loans.  And a big striker like Baston on a free.  I don’t rate Gestede.  

I’d also love it if we signed a young striker with real potential like Folarin Balogun at Arsenal.  Do that and my whelm would shoot right up

Yep never going to happen as he’s going to be a star but Balogun would be an amazing signing for anybody.  He’s of Nigerian decent so we could get Iorfa, Urhoghide, Odubajo, and Dele-Bashiru to have a word. We are all super eagles..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Bonne isn’t really a classic centre forward though, more someone who plays off one and we’ve just signed two of those.

Cosgrove at Aberdeen would fit the bill more now that Dykes has gone. But it’s whether we could spend the money.

I think cosgrove is out injured until Christmas and Aberdeen are looking at 2m at least for him.

• Thanks 1

It’s mad, the consensus, at the club, as well as on here, was that we needed to sign young players. As it was last year by the way. We didn’t sign any last year, and have only signed Fizz this time, and now people are putting forward a whole raft of oldies who they now want us to sign

We keep making the same mistakes, and the fans encourage us to do it

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s mad, the consensus, at the club, as well as on here, was that we needed to sign young players. As it was last year by the way. We didn’t sign any last year, and have only signed Fizz this time, and now people are putting forward a whole raft of oldies who they now want us to sign

We keep making the same mistakes, and the fans encourage us to do it

Am with ya,  didn’t wanna see the likes of Martin or Gestede rocking up for a last pay day but just get the feeling we may go down that route now 

Fans want the young players in but majority aren’t willing to give them the chance once in the side,  I hope we bring more FDB types in but the fanbase is baying for a Chris Martin type 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Am with ya,  didn’t wanna see the likes of Martin or Gestede rocking up for a last pay day but just get the feeling we may go down that route now 

Fans want the young players in but majority aren’t willing to give them the chance once in the side,  I hope we bring more FDB types in but the fanbase is baying for a Chris Martin type 

This is what happened last season, some quite shrewd freebie signings early on, then you thought we would add the exciting youngsters that had been championed, but nothing Then to make matters worse, we sold Joao the only player with enough in his legs to run around Surely we aren’t going to make the same mistakes this time around

Probably completely unrealistic, but after splashing the cash on Ivan Toney I wonder if Brentford would sell Marcus Forss ?   I’d love to see someone like that here 

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is what happened last season, some quite shrewd freebie signings early on, then you thought we would add the exciting youngsters that had been championed, but nothing Then to make matters worse, we sold Joao the only player with enough in his legs to run around Surely we aren’t going to make the same mistakes this time around

Tbf we tried for Simmonds, we tried for Leko. If the sums don't add up, we shouldn't do it. That's the biggest mistake we've made and shouldn't repeat it. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Tbf we tried for Simmonds, we tried for Leko. If the sums don't add up, we shouldn't do it. That's the biggest mistake we've made and shouldn't repeat it. 

Simmonds is probably one of those that will move on deadline day 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Simmonds is probably one of those that will move on deadline day 

Maybe, who knows. If not, sounds like we're down the line with Adedoyin who is the same age and supposedly plays the same position. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Maybe, who knows. If not, sounds like we're down the line with Adedoyin who is the same age and supposedly plays the same position. 

Never the be all and end all when playing youth football but think Adedoyin is more of a right winger/forward,  Simmonds am sure is left footed but has played centrally as well 

Both look talents to be fair,  I’ve also been told GM rates the young lad Manu Hidalgo very highly 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Never the be all and end all when playing youth football but think Adedoyin is more of a right winger/forward,  Simmonds am sure is left footed but has played centrally as well 

Both look talents to be fair,  I’ve also been told GM rates the young lad Manu Hidalgo very highly 

Other way around; Simmonds is right-footed, Adedoyin is a leftie.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Think the final forward signing will be a loan signing in the shape of a Tammy Abraham style/type player from a Premier club. It would make sense.

If we can get someone half as effective that would be a decent forward line.

I agree , we can by hook or crook field a competitive 11 now... let's wait till end of window and get a prem striker on loan ...  Andre gray ?? Dreaming I know 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It looks like any youth in the squad is going to come from within with the likes of Hunt, Shaw, Urgohide etc.?

5 hours ago, Craig enock said:

I agree , we can by hook or crook field a competitive 11 now... let's wait till end of window and get a prem striker on loan ...  Andre gray ?? Dreaming I know 

Andre Gray is actually championship striker now. 

Hopefully we can sign more players before October.