Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Friend of a friend reckons we are in for Borja Baston - striker from Villa. 

Seems to be a rumour that is going around. He was poor when I watched him for Malaga, but you suspect he was better than that A bit like Kachunga and Windass, perhaps lost his way If he’s the guy we want, go and get him now, he’d jump at the chance, and it’s the type of player who’d fit in with those we’ve already signed. Same with that Simmonds lad, he was one that we wanted to add to the group, but apparently there was an issue about wages, so we decided to move onto Leko. Well, with the season fast approaching, maybe we should rethink that one as well. We are struggling to move on, so why not see if we can reach a compromise He’s an academy player, there cannot be too much of a disparity between what he wants, and what we want to pay We managed to reach a deal with his mate Fizz

• Thanks 1

I’m bored and going to throw out a random name. Even if it’s a resounding no gives us something to talk about. I know we should be aiming younger long term but as a free agent I wonder if Gaël Clichy is worth a shout and if he’d realistically play championship football. 

Just turned 35 still feel he could be of use on a 1 year deal if finances permitted. I think left and right wing back are still very weak areas for us.

Just led Istanbul Başakşehir to their first ever league title in a league dominated by Besiktas, Fenerbarche and Galatasary. Played 30 games last season, 25 year before and 31 before that.

Quoted as saying he’d love to return to England.

19 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Forest just sold Matty Cash to Villa for £15 million. 

Sold antonio for £7million a few years ago. I bet those two sales alone make a higher value than all our sales put together in the last 20 years.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Zohore is definitely the worst of the 3

opinions, but I disagree. He’s quicker & more powerful than the other two. Martin is the better all-round player. Bastrd has struggled in English football. I’d rank them in order Martin, Zohore, then Bastrd.

That said, depends on the market we’re shopping in, my prefs would be any of:

Martin - free

Davis - loan

Bonne or Akpom - buy

Macauley Bonne would be a great buy for someone. Genuinely think he did superb in a tough situation at Charlton. To come from Non league and score 11 in 33 in his first ever season at this level. I think for the price he'd be a steal for someone like Preston who'd probably buy and develop him into a £10M striker in the space of a couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

opinions, but I disagree. He’s quicker & more powerful than the other two. Martin is the better all-round player. Bastrd has struggled in English football. I’d rank them in order Martin, Zohore, then Bastrd.

That said, depends on the market we’re shopping in, my prefs would be any of:

Martin - free

Davis - loan

Bonne or Akpom - buy

Yeah fair enough - agree with your three suggestions!

30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So,

Martin to Brizzle

Zohore to Boro

Bastrd to us?

We’d be getting the worst of the 3. 

I would suspect if we don't get another striker in by the first game of the league season we will be seeing Nuihu back at the club.

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This cannot be a time for brinkmanship Every league game we are forced to play without strikers, is points we cannot afford to lose. Under normal circumstances, without the points deduction, and a decent roster of strikers, yes we could afford to leave things until the end of the window, but now we cannot. We have to have all the main pieces in place as soon as there are points to be played for. 
An additional young centre back, or a fleet footed young striker, those loans can maybe wait, but a proper target man can’t 

You might just have answered your own question as to why we paid a fee for Windass.