Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What are we thinking we still need? 2 strikers, midfielder (Garner would be brilliant) wing back (perhaps Sanderson) new keeper would be nice but don’t think that will happen. 

1 striker (the key signing) has to be a proper centre forward , pace , strength that can play with his back to goal and obviously the main contributor of goals. 1 that can play the right wing back role.

1 Holding midfielder. Obviously these 3 plus Windass.

• Like 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

Why is everyone saying Garner would be a tremendous signing? Has anyone seen him play against men or just teenagers? We are in a war this season and I would prefer a physical presence in cm.

On 01/09/2020 at 09:23, gurujuan said:

Which bit do you think is wrong mate?

Starting to understand how this works now, if they sign for someone else, its a great loss and the club is a shambles and can't organise a wee wee up in a brewery. If they sign for us they are carp and the club is desperate and cant organise a wee wee up in a brewery. Is that right?

Don't know why its quoted Guru, was a post on its own, sorry G

Also thought I was in the Kurchunga thread, time to put the bottle away and go to bed I think

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

33 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

1 striker (the key signing) has to be a proper centre forward , pace , strength that can play with his back to goal and obviously the main contributor of goals. 1 that can play the right wing back role.

1 Holding midfielder. Obviously these 3 plus Windass.

Unfortunately there is no way on earth we will cough up the required cash to buy or loan one of those. We will end up with a half fit Premier League reserve or an unproven young un. 

Why’s the general consensus that we need one man to rely on for all the goals ?? A big lump of a CF who absolutely definitely has to score 25+ ,  it’s not gonna happen 

I’d much rather prefer we balance it out and have goals from several positions,  we were a one man show last season relying on a FIT Steven Fletcher ,  we can’t let that be the case again we need to have goals in the midfield and even the centre half’s chipping in with a few , Dunkley and Iorfa are capable 

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Strange response. Interested to know the thought process behind it?

you believe the criticism of the owner was unfair? That the club is run well? That the signings are good? That we should never say anything negative even when it smacks us in the face? That I’m in some way a poor awful fan by not renewing my season ticket? Genuinely interested to know what it is 

Take no notice of him

He once wished cancer on fellow owls.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Why’s the general consensus that we need one man to rely on for all the goals ?? A big lump of a CF who absolutely definitely has to score 25+ ,  it’s not gonna happen 

I’d much rather prefer we balance it out and have goals from several positions,  we were a one man show last season relying on a FIT Steven Fletcher ,  we can’t let that be the case again we need to have goals in the midfield and even the centre half’s chipping in with a few , Dunkley and Iorfa are capable 

I’m more thinking we need a big lad up top to hold the ball up and win the ball etc, someone that can bring people like Windass, Kachunga and Brown in to the game. I have a feeling with the attackers we currently have they are all lacking height and will get bullied by certain defenders. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I’m more thinking we need a big lad up top to hold the ball up and win the ball etc, someone that can bring people like Windass, Kachunga and Brown in to the game. I have a feeling with the attackers we currently have they are all lacking height and will get bullied by certain defenders. 

I share them concerns mate, but we had Fletcher last year and we still got bullied at times , you’ve got to be so much more than just a hit and hope side to be successful in this league and I think that’s what you risk if you play with a lump of a CF upfront 

If you look at the highlights of Kachungas goals the majority are off his head, he looks a threat in the air , you don’t always need to be a 6’4 mountain to be a threat in the box 

24 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

Why is everyone saying Garner would be a tremendous signing? Has anyone seen him play against men or just teenagers? We are in a war this season and I would prefer a physical presence in cm.

Watched a short highlights video on him, defensive wise he worries me, Spends more time on the Dec doing last ditch takles which tells me his positioning is way off. You don't see good players having to constantly make lunging tackles.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Watched a short highlights video on him, defensive wise he worries me, Spends more time on the Dec doing last ditch takles which tells me his positioning is way off. You don't see good players having to constantly make lunging tackles.

Hutch used to do it all the time

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

27 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

I did, few times. Good prospects, but not someone who would make big difference in a year we would got him here. 

But that is a type of midfielder we are in dire need of. 

Would much prefer if we invested what we could and bring permanent solution for that role. 

As I said before, both Slattery and O'Reilly impressed me much more than Garner. 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

There are a lot less goals in the squad, even if we were to share them around. I’m thinking we definitely need a 25 goal man to lead the line, or a couple more who might get that between them. Not only have we lost the goals of Fletcher, but we’re not going to get the same from Palmer, as we got from Murphy 

If we can get 25 from the striker/strikers as yet unknown, then Windass and Kachunga should maybe get a dozen between them, forget the midfield, but the centre backs might get a few. 
Going on who we’ve been targeting previously, Leko, Simmonds etc, it looks as if Monk wants a speedy attacker down the left, but one who can cut in on his right. Then pretty certain the other striker will be a target man, and hopefully a mobile one.

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

err Hutch?

Don’t get the negativity with Windass me, he’s a solid signing and I’d definitely back him for 10-12 goals over the season 

Plays with loads of energy and can play a couple of positions, has a lot to offer a squad at this level and clearly wants to be at the club