Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

err Hutch?

Maybe not a popular opinion on here but Hutchinson's positioning as a defensive midfielder wasn't very good at all.

There was a reason he needed to charge about the place in defence so much, he's a good tackler so he could make it up for it, but I think team shape would be better with a more disciplined DM who can anticipate the play a bit better.

Now Windass is all but confirmed you’ve got to think we’re 2-3 away from where we’d want to be. And you’d realistically think we’re in the market for maybe 1 or 2 of them to be loan players, which the good ones tend to go in the last few days of the window. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Now Windass is all but confirmed you’ve got to think we’re 2-3 away from where we’d want to be. And you’d realistically think we’re in the market for maybe 1 or 2 of them to be loan players, which the good ones tend to go in the last few days of the window. 

Another striker

2 quality wing backs

1 Defensive Midfielder

1 Goalkeeper

So ideally we need another 5 IMO.

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t get the negativity with Windass me, he’s a solid signing and I’d definitely back him for 10-12 goals over the season 

Plays with loads of energy and can play a couple of positions, has a lot to offer a squad at this level and clearly wants to be at the club 

Agree, think he's a good signing.

Curious that negativity towards new signings, usually urging money to be spent on 'better quality' also stems from some (not all) who are vociferous in their criticism of DC for overspending, often with no sense of irony.

We're looking a lot healthier up front with today's signings. Solid experienced players. 

Just now, s6 owl said:

Another striker

2 quality wing backs

1 Defensive Midfielder

1 Goalkeeper

Agree with you except the goal keeper, both Cam and Joe will prove to be competent Championship goalkeepers going forward.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Another striker

2 quality wing backs

1 Defensive Midfielder

1 Goalkeeper

Ideally I would say 2 more strikers. Maybe Baston on a free and a PL youngster on loan like Balogun or Tyreece John-Jules.

Sanderson (WB) and Garner (DM) on loan 

and a GK.  and then I think we look alright 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

We cannot afford a 20-25 goal machine, need goals from all the players in the team. Lets hope Beattie can work his magic

We cannot really afford not to sign one, there are so little goals in the side. As I said, it might be two players scoring 25 between them. It shouldn’t be beyond us to find someone to get 15, and then a young loanee might get double figures. 
Just think about it realistically, there are virtually no goals in that midfield, maybe 10 between them, and that’s being generous. The wing backs, Palmer and Harris, nah, but the centre backs might get a few. Reach and Rhodes, if they’re still here will get very little game time, so what will Kachunga and Windass get? Think it was 10 between them last season, so however we plan to share out the goals, as things stand, we’d come up short

Edited by gurujuan