Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Rhodes Kachunga Windass. What more do people think/expect us to sign up top? We can’t go in to the season with just those 3 surely? Such a lack of height we will just get battered and shoved off the ball. 

We got battered and shoved off ball with Nuhiu and Fletch !

Call it a hunch but I think we will

go for Rudy Gestede or Chris Martin 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Rhodes Kachunga Windass. What more do people think/expect us to sign up top? We can’t go in to the season with just those 3 surely? Such a lack of height we will just get battered and shoved off the ball. 

As I think we discussed in the Da Cruz thread, I think we'll have:

• Speedy Player: Kachunga (you must be happy that's not Da Cruz
  • Goal Scorer/Poacher: Rhodes
  • Grafter: Windass
  • Target Man: TBC

I think with those 4 types of players you can mix and match quite well. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Kachunga is good in the air for his size - like Tudgay was. But yes, we need someone that can lead the line proficiently. 

Just looking at player profile he has 15 goals in 75 championship games, didn't do a great deal in the premier league 1 goal in 39 but Huddersfield struggled in general so that is what it is.

36 games last season 3 goals and 5 assist with the majority of his games being at right wing. Not sure what he is like defensively seem to remember he has a bit of pace about him and can get up and down the flanks.

Seems a decent signing as we currently have no one whose natural position is right wing. I just wish we were focusing on getting in some strikers who are going to be able to score goals from all theses chances created by Brown, Bannan and Kachunga. lol

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Wickham....

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Just looking at player profile he has 15 goals in 75 championship games, didn't do a great deal in the premier league 1 goal in 39 but Huddersfield struggled in general so that is what it is.

36 games last season 3 goals and 5 assist with the majority of his games being at right wing. Not sure what he is like defensively seem to remember he has a bit of pace about him and can get up and down the flanks.

Seems a decent signing as we currently have no one whose natural position is right wing. I just wish we were focusing on getting in some strikers who are going to be able to score goals from all theses chances created by Brown, Bannan and Kachunga. lol

Said I wasn’t a big fan of him coming in but I suppose it’s now crying out for Chris Martin down the middle 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Having spoke to a few Huddersfield supporting mates, Katchunga is a real grafter too.

Say he works hard but at times lacks the ability to beat a man.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Behave you silly sausage! You said they bought success yet last season won as much as we did. Pick better examples to prove your imaginary points I'd suggest. 

Now go and revel in our magnificent new signing. Your ticket money is finally getting spent you should be cracking open the champaign and celebrating. 

You are clearly not the sharpest tool in the box? 

Question for you , who won the Carabao/ League Cup last season?

Just now, Royal_D said:

Said I wasn’t a big fan of him coming in but I suppose it’s now crying out for Chris Martin down the middle 

I think we have to avoid the likes of Wickham and Martin, and go for somebody a bit more dynamic. There are so few goals on the rest of the squad, we are back to looking for a 20 goals a season man. Someone who can hold the ball up, but also turn his man, and with pace to run in behind

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think we have to avoid the likes of Wickham and Martin, and go for somebody a bit more dynamic. There are so few goals on the rest of the squad, we are back to looking for a 20 goals a season man. Someone who can hold the ball up, but also turn his man, and with pace to run in behind

£20m there though unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

• Speedy Player: Kachunga (you must be happy that's not Da Cruz  - 19/20 - 3 goals in 36 games and no goals in 15 games 
  • Goal Scorer/Poacher: Rhodes  19/20 - 3 goals in 21 games
  • Grafter: Windass 19/20 - 7 goals in 24 games

I like your thinking but I think we need at least 2 players who can add 20-30 goals between then the above managed 13 goals between them in 96 games. They could come good and score loads of goals. But equally will DC will be happy to be relegated costing him and the club probably in the region of £10m a season for relegation because the players he brought in might score goals.

OR

Would you spend a small fee to bring in 2 strikers who have proven they can score goals at championship level

Bonne at Charlton

Collins from Luton

Neither will cost the world but last season they scored 25 goals in teams struggling at the wrong end of the table exactly the sort of strikers we currently need.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree, ideal situation we get someone like that and not a journeyman 

Maybe we will look to the continent