Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s the key, those signings might make more sense when they are supplemented with some real quality At the moment, along with Rhodes, it looks like we are forming a league  one attack

Got to remember transfer window open until October.

Premier League clubs will finalise their squads later this month and that's when some real quality loans could be available.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bye Then !

Strange response. Interested to know the thought process behind it?

you believe the criticism of the owner was unfair? That the club is run well? That the signings are good? That we should never say anything negative even when it smacks us in the face? That I’m in some way a poor awful fan by not renewing my season ticket? Genuinely interested to know what it is 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

No words to describe all the trophies these two clubs won last season? If only money could buy words like it bought them success. 

I know I’m now dumbing down to your level but here goes.

Chelsea and Man City were two teams that won nothing for years and were lower league teams regularly. They then went on to be regular Cup and Premier League winners.  What changed? Here’s a clue , you use it to buy things with, things like success.

• Haha 1

So with the signings of Kachunga and Windass you would guess we will be making 1 more attacking signing. For me this will be the most important signing for us. We need to get in a big powerful target man, we have so little height up top. An out and out striker is what we need now. Not a winger/forward/attacking midfield player. 

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

I know I’m now dumbing down to your level but here goes.

Chelsea and Man City were two teams that won nothing for years and were lower league teams regularly. They then went on to be regular Cup and Premier League winners.  What changed? Here’s a clue , you use it to buy things with, things like success.

Behave you silly sausage! You said they bought success yet last season won as much as we did. Pick better examples to prove your imaginary points I'd suggest. 

Now go and revel in our magnificent new signing. Your ticket money is finally getting spent you should be cracking open the champaign and celebrating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Wonder if we will complete Dominic Telford now we’ve signed Kachunga, Att started following them both at the same time maybe a month back 

i was confused at the time about the Telford link. The lad has hardly scored in his career, not sure why we would want him? 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We don’t have a centre forward in the squad, we don’t even have one in the development squad. Would actually be good to have one to call our own.

Do you mean a target man? As I'm sure both Rhodes and Kachunga would be considered a centre forward and have played 100+ games as a central forward? 

I thought you'd be happier with Kachunga based on him bucking the trend of immobile big lumps that play as a number 9?

19 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Of course, carry on with those type of signings, and you risk going backwards, as the quality you're replacing doesn't match up. But, in a way, Wednesday are in the fortunate position, with the exception of Fletcher and Fox, none of those who have departed particularly contributed a great deal over the past 18 months. 

We have been going backwards for a while now. These sort of signings will steady the ship. The quality needed for a promotion push is for another season.

We don't need show ponies, we need fighters this season.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

So with the signings of Kachunga and Windass you would guess we will be making 1 more attacking signing. For me this will be the most important signing for us. We need to get in a big powerful target man, we have so little height up top. An out and out striker is what we need now. Not a winger/forward/attacking midfield player. 

i hope we are looking at more than 1 more

can't loose FF, Fletcher, Winnall, Dave, Wickham and Da Cruz and only replace with Kachunga and Windass

still need 2 more minimum. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think we will need to bring in two more, at least. There are very few goals in the current squad, so we will need at least two more who can guarantee goals. I’m guessing a prolific target man type, then a young speedster on loan. Need to get a target man for the U23s as well, so at least we will have an understudy to call on, if the main man gets an injury

6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Strange response. Interested to know the thought process behind it?

you believe the criticism of the owner was unfair? That the club is run well? That the signings are good? That we should never say anything negative even when it smacks us in the face? That I’m in some way a poor awful fan by not renewing my season ticket? Genuinely interested to know what it is 

The point I make is that no one is pointing a gun at your head. Most of us share your hurt but reactionary dummy spitting helps neither  you or anyone else. It'll be Reyt !

The next signing is the key ? Someone who can play with their back to goal hold the ball up and bring other players into the game in and around the pen box? Preferably someone mobile? But would take a Chris Martin or Tom eaves for one season? Gona be a long scrap 

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Do you mean a target man? As I'm sure both Rhodes and Kachunga would be considered a centre forward and have played 100+ games as a central forward? 

I thought you'd be happier with Kachunga based on him bucking the trend of immobile big lumps that play as a number 9?

I’m happy”ish” with Kachunga, he’s hard working and will get up and down the right. Never seen him as a centre forward though, far too profligate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m happy”ish” with Kachunga, he’s hard working and will get up and down the right. Never seen him as a centre forward though, far too profligate

Watch his highlight vid and get your hopes up. 9 of his 15 goals for hudds are headers, he's fast, can beat a man, good with ball at his feet and from all accounts works his nuts off.   I get he can play wide right too, but I imagine he's a striker here. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

DC still needs to put his hand in pocket for a goal scorer or we're in trouble.

yes we definitely seem to be doing things on the cheap which obviously is better than spunking millions on rubbish but to get a goalscorer DC is going to have to spend a little bit.