Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I like your thinking but I think we need at least 2 players who can add 20-30 goals between then the above managed 13 goals between them in 96 games. They could come good and score loads of goals. But equally will DC will be happy to be relegated costing him and the club probably in the region of £10m a season for relegation because the players he brought in might score goals.

OR

Would you spend a small fee to bring in 2 strikers who have proven they can score goals at championship level

Bonne at Charlton

Collins from Luton

Neither will cost the world but last season they scored 25 goals in teams struggling at the wrong end of the table exactly the sort of strikers we currently need.

Yes to Bonne. I'd prefer younger than Collins. 

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Said I wasn’t a big fan of him coming in but I suppose it’s now crying out for Chris Martin down the middle 

No we want the lad from Luton - scored goals everywhere he has been and in the last year of his contract will get into double figures if played for the season got 14 goals and 3 assists in 46 games - yes he played every game of the season something we also need fit players

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I like your thinking but I think we need at least 2 players who can add 20-30 goals between then the above managed 13 goals between them in 96 games. They could come good and score loads of goals. But equally will DC will be happy to be relegated costing him and the club probably in the region of £10m a season for relegation because the players he brought in might score goals.

OR

Would you spend a small fee to bring in 2 strikers who have proven they can score goals at championship level

Bonne at Charlton

Collins from Luton

Neither will cost the world but last season they scored 25 goals in teams struggling at the wrong end of the table exactly the sort of strikers we currently need.

I'm not sure - I like the look of Bonne, don't know much about Collins. I think if Rhodes plays majority of games he scores at least as many as those two, he's also here and on payroll so have to take advantage of that. I think this season will be most prolific of Rhodes with us, not hard I know!! but players have a history of playing well when contracts up here. 

I think we'll have 4 forwards that will score 30+ goals between them next season. 

Said this earlier in the summer but our recruitment strategy has to be aimed at finishing 4th bottom and buying players we can move forward with the next season. If you think it was a big gamble splashing out in 2015/16 and 2016/17, how big a gamble would it be doing that with a fair chance of relegation. Not spending and being financially prudent is less risky as if we do go down we arent stuffed which is what we will be if we splash the cash now.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes to Bonne. I'd prefer younger than Collins. 

Collins has a 1 in 3 career record will be 30 this December but in a struggling Championship team last season scored 14 goals, he is in our price range and the sort of player we need or should I say can afford. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

As I think we discussed in the Da Cruz thread, I think we'll have:

• Speedy Player: Kachunga (you must be happy that's not Da Cruz
  • Goal Scorer/Poacher: Rhodes
  • Grafter: Windass
  • Target Man: TBC

I think with those 4 types of players you can mix and match quite well. 

my God you are obsessed with Da Cruz. That’s all you’ve been on about today Phil 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes the money has brought them success.

Ask their fans if that was success. It's all relative I guess. You moan about primark quality buying M&S prices but lord a team that spent 100's of millions and won only the League Cup, seams good value for money.

Sure thing. I'd even forgot who won its so meaningless. 

26 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The point I make is that no one is pointing a gun at your head. Most of us share your hurt but reactionary dummy spitting helps neither  you or anyone else. It'll be Reyt !

What dummy spitting? My post was a fair reflection of where we are  as club right now. Others seem to agree. It wasn’t inaccurate or an over reaction. If you believe it was please explain what was in accurate. Dummy spitting refers to over exaggerations or inaccuracies. I can’t see either in what I said. Certainly don’t

think it was reactionary either. In what content will ‘it be reyt’? Many ways to consider that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I'm not sure - I like the look of Bonne, don't know much about Collins. I think if Rhodes plays majority of games he scores at least as many as those two, he's also here and on payroll so have to take advantage of that. I think this season will be most prolific of Rhodes with us, not hard I know!! but players have a history of playing well when contracts up here. 

I think we'll have 4 forwards that will score 30+ goals between them next season. 

Have to see how he looks this season, but based on everything I've seen so far, I'd be very very surprised to see Rhodes hit double figures, even playing the majority of games.

Just now, Philb125 said:

Ask their fans if that was success. It's all relative I guess. You moan about primark quality buying M&S prices but lord a team that spent 100's of millions and won only the League Cup, seams good value for money.

Sure thing. I'd even forgot who won its so meaningless. 

You said money can’t buy success. 

I quoted that it worked for Man City and Chelsea who won nowt for years. Then when they got money they used it to “guess what” ? They bought success. Could also use Blackburn as an example in the 90s.  Made yourself look a right silly sod, especially when you said they won same as us last season.

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Agree, ideal situation we get someone like that and not a journeyman 

Maybe we will look to the continent

Yes, absolutely we should look there. The guy Meite who Reading are selling to the pigs, he has a bit of everything and arrived on a free. Plenty of those type of players available on the continent

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Collins has a 1 in 3 career record will be 30 this December but in a struggling Championship team last season scored 14 goals, he is in our price range and the sort of player we need or should I say can afford. 

Would still command a decent fee. Good player, but this club must start thinking about age and resale values. Bonne would be my choice of the two.