Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Once a time was quiet , now there are scouts around these clubs all the time its getting so difficult. I was watching a French non league game while away and there were several scouts from England, Germany etc . A number of players were youngsters released from French league clubs. its far difficult than it ever was, everyone is trying to find that bargain that will go onto make them some money!!

No mate you've got it wrong, their are loads of better than what we had players out there that won't have a club and be desperate to come to us, it's because of the que at border control that they aren't here already. 

10 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

-12 or not we should be bringing in better players than Kachunga.

Why? How?

We have no money and no sex appeal now... we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, what divine right do we have to be getting better than Kachunga in?

Anything much better than Kachunga would be a real coup IMO

• Like 6

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why? How?

We have no money and no sex appeal now... we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, what divine right do we have to be getting better than Kachunga in?

speak for yourself. 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why? How?

Kachunga would be ok if we also signed a couple of others with him like , only had that one decent season goals wise with about a dozen . We need a couple of goal scorers 

Guest everydays_wednesday
14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why? How?

Totally agree we are like a washed up Hollywood actor who is now an extra in the Woolpack hoping for one last big break.

We will have to continue being a bit part player for some years to come, unless GM can pull off a miracle. He has my best wishes and hopes.

In the current situation we are in, I agree Kachunga would be a bit of a coup IMHO.

UTO

Edited by everydays_wednesday

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why? How?

you may well be right but how do you know we have no money? Unfortunately to get decent players to come in imo we will have to overpay them. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

you may well be right but how do you know we have no money? Unfortunately to get decent players to come in imo we will have to overpay them. 

We'll see where we are when the accounts are released and who we bring in this summer.

That will give a good indication of our financial state.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I do find Joe’s last tweet about alerting availability a bit ridiculous. I’m sure a player’s agent will make damn sure clubs know he’s available if likely to move. The notion of doing it on the sly with no-one knowing is rather silly.

I don't blame the club for keeping things close to their chests, but yeah, the idea that transfers go through on the sly without other clubs knowing about it, these days is ridiculous.

I thought a similar thing the other day when Wilder was bleating about how other clubs just seem to be seeing who they were after, and then offering more to take them. Ridiculous notion, and immensely deluded.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

We'll see where we are when the accounts are released and who we bring in this summer.

That will give a good indication of our financial state.

I forgot about the accounts 

WTF:

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

Once a time was quiet , now there are scouts around these clubs all the time its getting so difficult. I was watching a French non league game while away and there were several scouts from England, Germany etc . A number of players were youngsters released from French league clubs. its far difficult than it ever was, everyone is trying to find that bargain that will go onto make them some money!!

Any of our scouts there?

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I do find Joe’s last tweet about alerting availability a bit ridiculous. I’m sure a player’s agent will make damn sure clubs know he’s available if likely to move. The notion of doing it on the sly with no-one knowing is rather silly.

I’m OK about us taking this stealthy approach, especially when it’s a player that is likely to be courted by other clubs. Obviously that isn’t the case with Windass though

Guest Mcguigan
17 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Get those signings madebefoe we are umbumgo’d

I’m guessing that ship has sailed.

More likely we are already under a soft embargo so signings can be made but under certain financial restraints and only with the EFL’s approval.

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Never mind guys. Tonight if you tune to RS Summer Sport you will be able to hear the entire History and story of 'The Greasy Chip Butty' Song.   

That’s a massive reason not to ! lol  UTO 

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

I’m guessing that ship has sailed.

More likely we are already under a soft embargo so signings can be made but under certain financial restraints and only with the EFL’s approval.

We bid 1million for leko so doubt we are under any form of embargo pal , could be wrong like but

• Like 1