Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

I’m guessing that ship has sailed.

More likely we are already under a soft embargo so signings can be made but under certain financial restraints and only with the EFL’s approval.

Absolute rubbish !   UTO 

• Like 1

Thing is I genuinely think defence and midfield is more than capable of doing fairly well and competing (maybe just 1/2 additions ) then when you get to the top end of the pitch it’s really weak , not only resulting in very little goal output but increasing pressure on midfield and defence 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Why? How?

We have no money and no sex appeal now... we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, what divine right do we have to be getting better than Kachunga in?

Anything much better than Kachunga would be a real coup IMO

We must have some money for fees, otherwise why have Wigan accepted our bid for Windass and how come WBA accepted our £1 million offer for Leko?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

More likely we are already under a soft embargo so signings can be made but under certain financial restraints and only with the EFL’s approval.

We are not under an embargo. Full stop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Never mind guys. Tonight if you tune to RS Summer Sport you will be able to hear the entire History and story of 'The Greasy Chip Butty' Song.   

To find out that Rotherham used to sing it first...we all know that🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

There’s a lot of unfounded, made up crap posted on here sometimes but this goes right to the top of the pile. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I don't blame the club for keeping things close to their chests, but yeah, the idea that transfers go through on the sly without other clubs knowing about it, these days is ridiculous.

I thought a similar thing the other day when Wilder was bleating about how other clubs just seem to be seeing who they were after, and then offering more to take them. Ridiculous notion, and immensely deluded.

Players' agents are always likely to leak info so that their client, and themselves,  can get a bit more if another club comes in.  

Guest Mcguigan
15 minutes ago, Triple O said:

We are not under an embargo. Full stop.

I hope you’re right but sadly believe you’re not.

Posters need to look at the financials and come to their own conclusions but I believe until the appeal is heard, we’ll be under certain restrains regards new signings, ie a soft embargo.

Edited by Mcguigan

Guest Mcguigan
11 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

There’s a lot of unfounded, made up crap posted on here sometimes but this goes right to the top of the pile. 

Why?

11 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

We must have some money for fees, otherwise why have Wigan accepted our bid for Windass and how come WBA accepted our £1 million offer for Leko?

£1m... crikey yeah, hold on to your hats folks, we're balling over here.

In a world where League One strikers cost £5m and decent but unremarkable Championship CM's are nearly a million (Luongo last season)... well, it's time to wake up and smell the roses. That £1m was for a signing we desperately need. That £1m is effectively a fee for a marquee signing. It's the modern-day equivalent of £350k for Adam le Fondre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I hope you’re right but sadly believe you’re not.

Posters need to look at the financials and come to their own conclusions but I believe until the appeal is heard, we’ll be under certain restrains regards new signings, ie a soft embargo.

No, as it stands we have been punished with a points deduction (unless changed under appeal).

This means that each of the 3 years following our last submitted accounts have a maximum loss of £13m. With the stadium sale included we cannot be in breach so no further sanction.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

£1m... crikey yeah, hold on to your hats folks, we're balling over here.

In a world where League One strikers cost £5m and decent but unremarkable Championship CM's are nearly a million (Luongo last season)... well, it's time to wake up and smell the roses. That £1m was for a signing we desperately need. That £1m is effectively a fee for a marquee signing. It's the modern-day equivalent of £350k for Adam le Fondre.

I know what ya saying mate, but it doesn’t mean we’re under any billy in bongo !!  Does it. UTO 

43 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Never mind guys. Tonight if you tune to RS Summer Sport you will be able to hear the entire History and story of 'The Greasy Chip Butty' Song.   

Brilliant. That's my second favourite football song. Should be a wonderfully entertaining show.