Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Seems pointless paying loans when weve nothing really to pay for. I can also imagine wickham for example is on a pretty penny. Pretty much everyone who can be released should be released bar fletcher and possibly fox. That will save us over 150k a week give or take. Give game time to the alex hunts and the borukovs of the youth team. If they cant get a game when theres nothing to play for and no fans then you may as well cut the development squad and save the money because theyll never get a chance. Get rhodes back in the squad (unless hes on a massive appearance bonus) and get him either match fit or shop windowed. Get set up now for a decent go at next season.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Cant see being forced to incur the additional cost of loan players, without being compensated by EFL. Presume we've been paying them since lockdown started anyway.

Despite the apparent wish to play on, I dont see the majority of Championship clubs wanting to incur further losses to put on pointless games in empty stadiums. 

All the talk of finishing the season is testicles. Unfit teams, depleted squads and no fans is not football I recognise, it's just sad, desperate and obviously purely a matter of retaining TV money. 

Agree.

That's what we will all be negotiating now. How the game comes back as much as when.

Eventually it will all become to much to deal with and every English league will end the season.

We are not like Germany. Dont use that as a model for us coming back. To many teams with self interest and a government that is not trusted. And believe me the closer we get the more fuss we are going to see. Even the ppg ending to the season will be messy. I recon all will kickoff about that aswell. Other countries have had 3 maybe 4 teams unhappy threatening legal action. Honestly recon we could have 30 or 40 here.

Edited by pazowl55

2 hours ago, striker said:

Cant see being forced to incur the additional cost of loan players, without being compensated by EFL. Presume we've been paying them since lockdown started anyway.

Despite the apparent wish to play on, I dont see the majority of Championship clubs wanting to incur further losses to put on pointless games in empty stadiums. 

All the talk of finishing the season is testicles. Unfit teams, depleted squads and no fans is not football I recognise, it's just sad, desperate and obviously purely a matter of retaining TV money. 

But this is again where it starts to get ridiculous. You could effectively have teams put out really poor teams just to get it done. How does that hold up the integrity of the competition. Don’t think we’ve seen the bubble on administration yet as I fear quite a few clubs will fold. What then? What happened when Bury went? Will that be replicated and how would that affect things. Just make a decision and get it done. If it means Leeds go up. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Seems pointless paying loans when weve nothing really to pay for. I can also imagine wickham for example is on a pretty penny. Pretty much everyone who can be released should be released bar fletcher and possibly fox. That will save us over 150k a week give or take. Give game time to the alex hunts and the borukovs of the youth team. If they cant get a game when theres nothing to play for and no fans then you may as well cut the development squad and save the money because theyll never get a chance. Get rhodes back in the squad (unless hes on a massive appearance bonus) and get him either match fit or shop windowed. Get set up now for a decent go at next season.

What u on about? We’re in a relegation scrap if we get a points deduction. Need everyone!

Guest wilyfox

If I were Chansiri I'd be selective. Try to extend Windass' stay because he's contributing. I wouldn't bother with Wickham. Hasn't looked fit enough or sharp enough. 3 months on his arse won't help remedy that. Let him go back. Da Cruz...depends on whether we had long term plans for him. Shown very little yet to suggest he'll deliver - but only had 5/6 weeks before play was suspended. Judgement call for Monk on him. Be worth asking Fletcher, FF, & Nuhiu to stay on until season's end, but I'd let Winnall walk. If Wickham and Winnall go, we'd still have 6 strikers. 

Wouldn't keep any of the loans, we have wasted a lot of money there. Need a lot better recruitment policy, we wont have a lot of money for players and I can see a few clubs going bust so there will be lots of players out of contract. Better to get some out of contract players rather than loans who have little commitment to club. Lets hope we can stay in championship and start building for next season.

Need to let Rhodes go to Celtic if they are still interested, don't think we will be able to sell any of our players as all clubs will be short of money.

21 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wouldn't keep any of the loans, we have wasted a lot of money there. Need a lot better recruitment policy, we wont have a lot of money for players and I can see a few clubs going bust so there will be lots of players out of contract. Better to get some out of contract players rather than loans who have little commitment to club. Lets hope we can stay in championship and start building for next season.

Need to let Rhodes go to Celtic if they are still interested, don't think we will be able to sell any of our players as all clubs will be short of money.

We could be one of the clubs on the edge as the Huddersfield owner said that there will be 40+ on the brink in his opinion?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We could be one of the clubs on the edge as the Huddersfield owner said that there will be 40+ on the brink in his opinion?

I think it’s a bit of a throw away figure to be honest. He’s rightly trying to illustrate how big of an issue finances are in the EFL. He won’t have any idea of the state of individual clubs finances. The only way we would be on the edge is if Chansiri is skint now or if he decides he’s had enough but that goes for the majority of clubs backed by wealthy single entities. In some ways we might be in a beneficial situation with the amount of players out of contract. Obviously we would need to replace them but to some extent we can create a new financial structure quicker than a lot of clubs.

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I'm of the opinion we could lose at least ten clubs, its why the government are trying to force through solidarity payments from the EPL. 

The fact that the EPL want something in return worries me.

Edited by Maddogbob

13 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm of the opinion we could lose at least ten clubs, its why the government are trying to force through solidarity payments from the EPL. 

The fact that the EPL want something in return worries me.

That return may well be B teams sometime in the future? It’s inevitable 😞

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If I were Chansiri I'd be selective. Try to extend Windass' stay because he's contributing. I wouldn't bother with Wickham. Hasn't looked fit enough or sharp enough. 3 months on his arse won't help remedy that. Let him go back. Da Cruz...depends on whether we had long term plans for him. Shown very little yet to suggest he'll deliver - but only had 5/6 weeks before play was suspended. Judgement call for Monk on him. Be worth asking Fletcher, FF, & Nuhiu to stay on until season's end, but I'd let Winnall walk. If Wickham and Winnall go, we'd still have 6 strikers. 

Keep Windass on, I like him, hope he signs permanently. Keep Murphy. Other loan players can go back ASAP. Wickham looked half fit and Cruz looks a shocking player, really don’t know anything positive he offers. 

5 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Shame it wasn't Ellis Simms we were linked with

I wondered why he hadn’t been sent out on loan. A phenomenal goalscoring record for both Everton and City at youth level

I just can't see us as being a draw for premier league clubs loaning out promising youngsters. Our record with loan players is shocking as is youth development in general. We really are a car crash of a club and need a total re-think right across the board but whilever the club is structured like it currently is, this seems highly unlikely?

23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If I were Chansiri I'd be looking to sell ASAP and I'd be taking stuffing boy with me before the whole lot goes under.

The term pride before a fall springs to mind.

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I just can't see us as being a draw for premier league clubs loaning out promising youngsters. Our record with loan players is shocking as is youth development in general. We really are a car crash of a club and need a total re-think right across the board but whilever the club is structured like it currently is, this seems highly unlikely?

think we did alright with Hector

Chelsea had a player running down his contract and would have gone for nothing. A good season with us and all of a sudden they recoup somewhere near of £6-8m

A lot of it is to do with the manager and contacts. If we did bring James Beattie in for example we then have a link with Everton and David Unsworth who appears to be their manager 

25 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You really are a negative person only good part is I will most likely never have to sit next to you

Enjoy your negativity from afar