Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'm not so pessimistic about it. Big opportunity for Monk & recruiters. Need to get it right for sake of their own careers, so don't think they'd wanna pîss it up the wall. So many out of contract could work in our favour in new financial climate. Other clubs may be stuck with more high earners they can't shift. 

I just feel there’s too much to be done, and there’s little or no evidence that suggests we will be able to do it, certainly not on a reduced budget. Personally I’m torn, because I know it needs doing, but I don’t have the confidence in those charged to do it. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I just feel there’s too much to be done, and there’s little or no evidence that suggests we will be able to do it, certainly not on a reduced budget. Personally I’m torn, because I know it needs doing, but I don’t have the confidence in those charged to do it. 

Managed to assemble a top 6 side in summer of 2015 despite our recruitment committee clusterfuck. If Paixao can do it, don't see why pro recruiters Downes & Hughes can't. 

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Got to agree, the world will have changed regarding salaries, it should be a buyer's market, especially for the out of contract players

I’m sure it will, and not before time. The fees and wages will come down, as will the amount we will have to spend

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Managed to assemble a top 6 side in summer of 2015 despite our recruitment committee clusterfuck. If Paixao can do it, don't see why pro recruiters Downes & Hughes can't. 

We did spend a fair amount on assembling that squad though, and Carlos was a far better tactician than Monk is. I’m not saying it can’t be done, our recent dealings on a budget, don’t inspire confidence

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

To be fair to Garry Monk, his recruiting at Leeds was excellent. Rob Green, Luke Ayling, Kyle Bartley, Pontus Jansson, Ronaldo Vieira, Pablo Hernandez and Kemar Roofe all signings he made.

Yes that’s true, some of those were very good signings. On paper, some of the signings he made at Boro looked good as well 

Both lots of recruitment meant spending a significant amount of money though, and I just feel trying to undertake that sort of rebuild with no real budget will be extremely difficult

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We did spend a fair amount on assembling that squad though, and Carlos was a far better tactician than Monk is. I’m not saying it can’t be done, our recent dealings on a budget, don’t inspire confidence

Iorfa, Luongo, Börner, and Harris have all been very useful for modest outlay. It can be done. Takes an artist to recruit the right mix. We'll learn about our recruiters, for sure. 

Wasn’t there a lot of interest in Lyle Taylor at one point ? 

could also see us been in for Jack Clarke on loan and the lad Holland who’s at Oxford 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes that’s true, some of those were very good signings. On paper, some of the signings he made at Boro looked good as well 

Both lots of recruitment meant spending a significant amount of money though, and I just feel trying to undertake that sort of rebuild with no real budget will be extremely difficult

Yes there was definitely more money available than what I assume we will have, although I do think he used the loan market well at Leeds. 

My main concern with recruitment is that it’s not actually the manager who is allowed to crack on with it. Seems like too many people in the process.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Yes there was definitely more money available than what I assume we will have, although I do think he used the loan market well at Leeds. 

My main concern with recruitment is that it’s not actually the manager who is allowed to crack on with it. Seems like too many people in the process.

Chinks of light, are the players we have already been linked with, so I’m not entirely without hope. The lad Holland would be a good signing, if we could pull it off, as would James Garner. Also, despite his earlier spell with us, I hope there might be something in the link with Lewis Baker. He had him at Boro, and tried again for him while at Leeds. Similarly he signed Ashley Fletcher at Boro, and then tried to take him to Leeds. We haven’t been linked with Ashley Fletcher, but I wonder if Monk might be interested, if our own Fletcher moves on All those are talented young players, who if we could bring them here, would be the type of players who could take us forward

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

To be fair to Garry Monk, his recruiting at Leeds was excellent. Rob Green, Luke Ayling, Kyle Bartley, Pontus Jansson, Ronaldo Vieira, Pablo Hernandez and Kemar Roofe all signings he made.

Good post, with Chansiri and Monk staying on a while longer I think we just have to hope that whatever craziness has gone on between Christmas and March it can be resolved and that Monk can turn the ship around. One of the key abilities a manager needs is to be good in the transfer market. And to have a decent coaching team. Let’s hope Monk can get that and he can find success with us. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Chinks of light, are the players we have already been linked with, so I’m not entirely without hope. The lad Holland would be a good signing, if we could pull it off, as would James Garner. Also, despite his earlier spell with us, I hope there might be something in the link with Lewis Baker. He had him at Boro, and tried again for him while at Leeds. Similarly he signed Ashley Fletcher at Boro, and then tried to take him to Leeds. We haven’t been linked with Ashley Fletcher, but I wonder if Monk might be interested, if our own Fletcher moves on All those are talented young players, who if we could bring them here, would be the type of players who could take us forward

Would love to see us bringing Holland in.

Garner is highly thought of at Manchester United. It will be interesting to see if we can bring him in.

I'm not a huge fan of Baker, although he is a talented player.

Personally I would prefer us to try and sign Southampton's 21 years old playmaker Callum Slattery. who would be long term solution for our midfield problems.

20 minutes ago, malek said:

Garner is highly thought of at Manchester United. It will be interesting to see if we can bring him in.

Personally I would prefer us to try and sign Southampton's 21 years old playmaker Callum Slattery. who would be long term solution for our midfield problems.

Yes, read good things about him All of those players have a level of skill that I think we need, and are of the right age

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Loads of interest in Fox

dont see him staying 

More likely his agent is hawking his name around rather than genuine interest

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, read good things about him All of those players have a level of skill that I think we need, and are of the right age

For me it is key to start rebuilding with young players on long term deals so we can add and build around them.

And I believe that this is right time to go for such players as many youngsters on verge of first team squads will suddenly become redundant.

Considering size of our club and personal wealth of our owner we, could be in position to bring in couple of the best.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

For me it is key to start rebuilding with young players on long term deals so we can add and build around them.

And I believe that this is right time to go for such players as many youngsters on verge of first team squads will suddenly become redundant.

Considering size of our club and personal wealth of our owner we, could be in position to bring in couple of the best.

Yes if we’re allowed to spend We might need to cash in on one of our mainstays to finance the likes of Holland or Nathan Fletcher

13 minutes ago, malek said:

Long term deals for unproven players ....not sure that's good idea 

Guest LittleG
29 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Or the interest he has had is from clubs he doesn't want to go to

Lots of players get linked to lots of clubs at this time of the year; in the majority of cases there is nothing in it and it's usually agents plying their trade. 

1 hour ago, malek said:

Holland National side would be the perfect fit for Championship !