MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just out of interest.

Where did people think this mid-table squad was going to finish this season?

Top two. But that was with Bruce in charge. When we ended up with Monk, I thought top two, possibly playoffs.

We should be at least play offs with all the fecking points we’ve thrown away.

Had we appointed Holloway, we’d be top of the league with this squad though.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wouldn't defend what I've seen on the pitch, It's been absolutely terrible to watch. 

I'll defend a third manager on the spin  who says there needs to be wholesale changes though.

It's either that or wait for a fourth to come in and say the same thing.

The previous manager got a tune out of what he had to work with.

This manager has ousted players from the squad and ripped into the ones he hasn't ousted for performing at an unacceptable level. At what point does some of this become his responsibility? 

He brought in 3 new players today and the team that started the last 2 games has been made up of players that haven't been here for years but the abject way we play remains.

With the wholesale changes to the playing staff in May/June, it would be a risk in changing the manager as well.

However, with so many players coming in, it could also be an opportunity for a new manager to bring in his team and mold a new style.

This is when we need a good off-pitch leadership team, which unfortunately we haven't. A Director of Football or at least a CEO is a must to oversee what's coming.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The previous manager got a tune out of what he had to work with.

This manager has ousted players from the squad and ripped into the ones he hasn't ousted for performing at an unacceptable level. At what point does some of this become his responsibility? 

He brought in 3 new players today and the team that started the last 2 games has been made up of players that haven't been here for years but the abject way we play remains.

He did.

He also was allowed to bring in his own 5 man back room team.

I'm prepare to give the new lads more than 90  minutes away in a local Derby against a side who have only lost two of their last 11 home games.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

He did.

He also was allowed to bring in his own 5 man back room team.

I'm prepare to give the new lads more than 90  minutes away in a local Derby against a side who have only lost two of their last 11 home games.

Absolutely not laying any blame at the new lads, we barely got the ball to them - a tactical issue you could say!

The 'deadwood' has been largely ousted from the side. We are starting games with more players signed in the last year or so than those that remain from years gone by yet results and performances are still abject.

Monk ripped into the attitude and approach after Wigan, two games on and not much has changed performance or approach wise.

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

You can’t just keep on sacking manager after manager, we’ll get nowhere.

Monk wasn’t my first choice as manager but this group of players aren’t his, he’s having to play players he probably doesn’t rate, not his fault, he didn’t bring them in and he hasn’t had much chance to replace them.

We have got to give him time, he needs at least to summer transfer windows to build his side how he wants it.

There are too many players at the club pulling in big wages and not performing, too many players too comfortable. Let him ship it the deadwood this summer and bring his own players in, then let’s see how he does.

What has he previously done as a manager that you think merits giving him time? 

He has a long list of failures. 

It hasnt worked, he isnt the right man, no point sacking him as season is over now. 

Just give him until end of season then a replacement needs to be brought in. 

But chansiri needs to be looking now 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Absolutely not laying any blame at the new lads, we barely got the ball to them - a tactical issue you could say!

The 'deadwood' has been largely ousted from the side. We are starting games with more players signed in the last year or so than those that remain from years gone by yet results and performances are still abject.

Monk ripped into the attitude and approach after Wigan, two games on and not much has changed performance or approach wise.

It hasn't. 

Don't think it will either until the new lads are integrated.

And even then. We're probably still a mid table side.

It’s difficult for me to have an opinion, I don’t watch them week in week out

my overall opinion would be the squad has run its course and it’s not Monks fault, too many players not fit for purpose, however if that’s the standard week in week out I can understand why people have this opinion of monk, the dead wood needs shipping out, some of the best 11 are not good enough and the ones on the peripheral are worse 

1 minute ago, Kenners3896 said:

What has he previously done as a manager that you think merits giving him time? 

He has a long list of failures. 

It hasnt worked, he isnt the right man, no point sacking him as season is over now. 

Just give him until end of season then a replacement needs to be brought in. 

But chansiri needs to be looking now 

Exactly this - chansiri needs to go get a hughton (very unlikely) this next manager we get is imperative it’s a clean slate (just hope ffp doesn’t f us)

get rid of monk - statement bullen till end of season , give us time to find the right man and start planting seeds for players 

we need an identity & philosophy and a manager who can start a project

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It hasn't. 

Don't think it will either until the new lads are integrated.

And even then. We're probably still a mid table side.

The attitude and approach should have changed the moment he made that statement. Results and stylish performances will take more time but being hard to play against showing endeavour and the will to try and play better should be a given.

We have still been 2nd best against two very average teams since then.

Having an effective way of playing with what you have to work with also comes from the management team. I can't work out how we are trying to play in order to win games. How would you define our tactical approach since Fletcher got injured because as far as I can see it is fairly nondescript.