Unacceptable - Monk

Let's be honest even when we've won at home this season i can't think of any particular match where I thought that was a really good game & we look a decent side.  Boring uninspiring tactics, baffling substitutions & too many players who show no passion & little quality. We've never been anywhere near good enough for a play of place.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don't want to be too critical of Monk. It's still early days in his reign and he's got a big job on his hands. He's got a squad full of players who have never been up to it or past their best. He's only made one signing and this is for the under 23's in the short term.

He needs 2 years at least but he won't get it from the chairman if the fans kick off and bay for a change which they probably will at some stage in the near future? Hillsborough is a f***ing horrendous place to play. Perform well and you might as well be playing in a library. Play badly and you may as well playing in front of the host and an audience on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Agree with last two sentences but he cannot expect two years. And no manager has just his own players. There is always a legacy. Pearson is improving Watford from the start.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Only Forestieri of our front players, can play between the lines

Not sure the others know what lines are. 

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

After such a diabolical 1st half performance you would have expected a reaction in the second half and to try to recover the 3 goals against.

What happens....he brings on 1 midfielder and a defender in a like for like.

When you are 3 goals behind at least throw some attackers on to try to reduce the deficit.

Oh no...keep everything the same and avoid any more goals against.

What happens....another goal against within 3 minutes.

Did we ever have any threat on their goal ?

We couldn't even sit back and defend a loss.

Some strange decisions. Perhaps Monk will give an explanation.

It's the championships fault, and the players, and the refs, and the EFLs, and probably your fault as well. Seriously the bloke never admits any fault ever.

Guest Kameron
36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Which two of the strikers available would have made us any more of an attacking threat? Nuhiu can do 20 mins, and Winnall and Rhodes are a complete waste of time, and always have been

Agreed options aren’t great but what does he expect when he’s so negative in how he sets us up, there’s no way he’s sent them to be on the front foot and out to attack today.  Just like all the sh ite managers before him he spends too much time concentrating on what the opposition is going to do, our strikers are made to look even worse because we create so little most games.  He’s no better than jos and I’ll be very happy when he’s gone.

Let's be honest even when we've won at home this season i can't think of any particular match where I thought that was a really good game & we look a decent side.  Boring uninspiring tactics, baffling substitutions & too many players who show no passion & little quality. We've never been anywhere near good enough for a play of place.

8 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

A few managers over the last few seasons, players are the same. It’s not the manager, it’s the sh!te players. 

but saying that, winnall up front on his own was never gonna work. 

Yet under Bruce, we actually looked like a half decent side, with positive tactics. So yeah, the managers have to take responsibility, unless everyone is going to decide Jos is a good manager and it's just the players :ph34r:

in supporting swfc ive never heard so much cr*p . we beat brighton and leeds a playing 1 up front and players pushing forward from midfield , we created 6 decent chances at leeds and 4-5 at brighton we also played really well as a team . so some supporters thought we should have ditched this system and gone to 442 with Rhodes and nuhiu up top ,we did that over xmas at stoke we could have conceded 8 easily , hull and Cardiff at home we were awful nearly as bad as today . we have too many players who don't give 100% how can monk do anything about that? without fletcher we cannot play 442 and no way with bannan and lee in a 2 or hutch and bannan etc . bannan is also a problem so is reach etc etc. we need 11 players on the pitch doing the basic things putting the foot in working for 90 mins ,closing down ,we saw none of this today but these are not new problems ,we need a complete clearout in summer , now if possible but who the heck wants losers like forestieri Rhodes etc . let monk at least get his own players in before blaming him for past managers mistakes. pep Guardiola managing us today with aguero up front wouldn't have made any difference as the other 10 playing couldn't be arsed . 

I don't like it when managers lay all the blame on the players.  It creates a sort of divide when there should be togetherness.  

I always believe that the manager carries the ultimate responsibility.  That's just the nature of the job.  

I don't understand how we can play with 1 striker up top especially playing at home.  Even when we went a goal down, Nuhiu should have come on alongside Winnall.  Would have given us more of a threat going forward.  Leaving one isolated striker allowed them to push up even further.  

Bazza sitting in front of the back four, makes no sense to me whatsoever.  He is hardly going to strike fear in the opposition being one  of the smallest players on the pitch to protect the back four.  Should have been Hutchinson in that role, with Bazza on the left of centre midfield where he plays the best, also helps having a good link up player like Reach next to him.  

Tom Lees, should be playing.  Lees and Borner in centre with Iorfa at RB.  Would be interesting to see Iorfa and Murphy link up on the right. 

Thought it was a red card the tackle from Luongo.  Studs are showing and it looks to me like a took a swipe with his foot, in frustration maybe.

We gave up as soon as the game started today.  Even when we went a goal down, there was no fight in us, none at all. 

How often do we see teams play better when down to 10.  Then playing with 10 men, more goals go in.  

Now after half time I would expect some sort of response from the players. Our response, we roll over again and let them score again 2 minutes after the restart.  

Absolutely fuming at the performance and result today.

The fans deserve better than this.  

• Like 2

Monk has shown he can develop a game plan, occasionally the players execute it as intended.

I have some sympathy, I've said it before, this group of players are more at fault than the manager.

There is nothing progressive about our squad, it's full of old players, limited pace, way too mentally fragile considering the experience and the performances we are seeing have been par for the course over the last few seasons. We'll have good and bad days, but will ultimately settle back to mid table.

As we stand, we have zero attacking threat without Fletcher and little sign of incoming players. We are 3 players short of realistically competing for the top 6 IMO. 

Bad day today, pathetic performance from a group of players who should do better. Nobody really to come in from the bench to make a difference, just shuffling deck chairs to find which players can be arsed trying on any given week. 

Players proper threw the towel in today too. 

I appreciate we were right up against it, but there was a real lack of effort and pride throughout that miserable display. 

Yeah, the sending off changes things, but we were utterly woeful before then. That merely compounded things. 

As bad a performance as you will see from a so-called professional football team. 

Wouldn't call for Monk's head (he needs to be allowed to bring in a few), but I think a few questions have to be raised. We just beat Leeds away from home and yet today we played like a team devoid of any confidence and belief. That is our fourth defeat in five and we have been absolutely awful in all four of those defeats. 

From having one of the best home records to now losing three in a row at home to Cardiff, Hull and Blackburn, all sides who were below us in the table. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I wouldn't spend anything in this window - freebies to cover injuries yes, but forget promotion. Simply consolidate and get through to end of the season. We need to line up our business both in & out early this year. We need a new squad with a new plan - certainly across midfield. If Bannan is going to be here then buy the players to complement him - because I'm sick of the shambles recruitment of the last four years in that area. When we left Wembley nearly four years ago, we collectively said we need a couple of midfield beasts: pacey, strong and agile. Did you really think that four years on we'd be looking at Bannan and Lee lining up today and Hutch coming on. 

I don't want to be too critical of Monk. It's still early days in his reign and he's got a big job on his hands. He's got a squad full of players who have never been up to it or past their best. He's only made one signing and this is for the under 23's in the short term.

He needs 2 years at least but he won't get it from the chairman if the fans kick off and bay for a change which they probably will at some stage in the near future? Hillsborough is a f***ing horrendous place to play. Perform well and you might as well be playing in a library. Play badly and you may as well playing in front of the host and an audience on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Monk keeps talking about 'having heart', they hadn't any today. Fortunate to have escaped more boos but only because so many left before the end.

A total embarrassment to which Monk contributed with his team selection nd tactics. One forward at home to an out-of -form Blackburn, playing high balls to Winnall as a target man was equivalent to turning over possession and playing too deep all contributed to this debacle IMO.

• Like 1