Unacceptable - Monk

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

no no wait you didn’t read my post right, I think we need a complete new squad yes. But it’s monks job to get the best out of this squad. Or what’s the point of him or anyone being manager.

your right and I have been consistent before his appointment about not wanting him but I would say the same of any manager, they have a squad of players an it’s their job to manage them.

i don’t think he’s doing any better than Bullen was wilts he was in temp charge. 
if he’s our manager you can’t keep saying they aren’t his players, what do we have to let every new manager get a brand new squad before they are allowed to be judged?

no matter what we think of our squad their is talent there. The tactics are dull, and without fletcher probably going to be ineffective long terms less we get a quality like for like forward. 
we are no better right now than before he came imo. Btw I didn’t expect us to be because I don’t think he’s the right man to turn us around  

as for him being the best man for the job I would argue vigoursly against that, and I think his record at other clubs is dire, Leeds we’re expected to go up and didn’t , Swansea he took a wonderful footballing side and decimated it over a period of time. Birmingham. Meh. So what nothing great. 

the look on Chansiris face said it all, we got him because he couldn’t be arsed to look any more imo. 

Leeds were expected to go up ? I’m now wondering if you’re either misinformed or making it up. 

The season before he arrived, they finished in the bottom half. 

He brought in his own players (budget allowing) and they narrowly missed out on the play offs, beating Carlos’ multitalented squad twice along the way.

Sacked at Boro when he’d got them into the play positions and look where they are now. Did well at Brimingham until a points deduction ended their season. 

It’s down to the tactics and formation and that is it

Why have we setup against Blackburn like we setup against Leeds? 

I mean come on - we went to Leeds to nullify and counter. We’re at HOME - one up top?!?!?

Its absolutely stunning what Monk did today and he didn’t even change it quick to nullify Blackburn after the first 15 min pasting and red card 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

mate I have family and many friends who are dirty white rumblezoids. Yes they were expected to go up, especially from the club and fans point of view. The 16/17 squad was a good squad. I haven’t met a Leeds fan who is anything but happy he left. 

Expected by club - run by a crook

and fans - fans- do you really believe what Leeds fans say. Oh dear.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You think we set he team up to arrack with the strikers we’ve got. They’re toothless. Make  the most of what we’ve got.

Today he is a crap manager.

Was he crap after the win at Leeds ?

Its a shocking result today, unacceptable.  But a one off, no need to soil yer sen.

It's not really a one off is it though, 1 league win in 5 is really not a one off, plus plenty of last minute goals conceded due to poor substitutions and such.

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

It's not really a one off is it though, 1 league win in 5 is really not a one off, plus plenty of last minute goals conceded due to poor substitutions and such.

This and it's a pattern of inconsistency, that mirrors Carlos and also mirrors Monk's previous jobs especially the ones he's had at this level. To be honest I wasn't excited when we appointed Monk due to his record. Was more excited when we appointed Bruce due to his record of getting teams promoted. Yet, they both don't stick around long in jobs. Come to think of it, the majority of managers we've appointed during the Chansiri reign, have been managers that seemingly don't stick around long in a job? Whilst we've got a long term owner that constantly thinks short term, yet he's held back by FFP/P&S but at the same time he's held himself back with poor recruitment and a self harming refusal to sell players.

Yes, the overpaid inconsistent seemingly poor attitude of the players needs addressing but we've long had issues at the top. Constant poor decisions that harm ourselves. The buck usually stops with the manager, yet we've hired two experienced managers of this level now after the two leftfield appointments. It's difficult to say what we need short term but long term we clearly need a fresh approach and to buck up on and off the pitch, and to start thinking more long term, yet acquiring players with re-sale value and selling them on for a profit like many other clubs seem to do. Hopefully we'll do something pro-active but seems like over the years we've come to accept it and grown tired and apathetic despite the numerous false dawns.

I feel sorry most for the younger fans, that this is basically as good as it's been for them and never seen us in the top flight or seen genuine top class players in a Wednesday shirt. Things change in football, just look at our nearest rivals, who'd have thought a few years back that they'd be where they are but as an example, they seemingly got lucky with Wilder but appointed someone who knew the club and changed the culture at their club on the pitch and with recruitment, and somehow it got them up the League's. That's just one example, not all get it right, it's the harsh nature of football but there are many other clubs that have gradually built themselves back up by being forward thinking or thinking more long term or doing things better with regards with selling players on for a profit, etc. It seems almost inevitably we'll never go up unless we start doing things differently and having a more savvy forward thinking long term approach. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

44 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

This and it's a pattern of inconsistency, that mirrors Carlos and also mirrors Monk's previous jobs especially the ones he's had at this level. To be honest I wasn't excited when we appointed Monk due to his record. Was more excited when we appointed Bruce due to his record of getting teams promoted. Yet, they both don't stick around long in jobs. Come to think of it, the majority of managers we've appointed during the Chansiri reign, have been managers that seemingly don't stick around long in a job? Whilst we've got a long term owner that constantly thinks short term, yet he's held back by FFP/P&S but at the same time he's held himself back with poor recruitment and a self harming refusal to sell players.

Yes, the overpaid inconsistent seemingly poor attitude of the players needs addressing but we've long had issues at the top. Constant poor decisions that harm ourselves. The buck usually stops with the manager, yet we've hired two experienced managers of this level now after the two leftfield appointments. It's difficult to say what we need short term but long term we clearly need a fresh approach and to buck up on and off the pitch, and to start thinking more long term, yet acquiring players with re-sale value and selling them on for a profit like many other clubs seem to do. Hopefully we'll do something pro-active but seems like over the years we've come to accept it and grown tired and apathetic despite the numerous false dawns.

I feel sorry most for the younger fans, that this is basically as good as it's been for them and never seen us in the top flight or seen genuine top class players in a Wednesday shirt. Things change in football, just look at our nearest rivals, who'd have thought a few years back that they'd be where they are but as an example, they seemingly got lucky with Wilder but appointed someone who knew the club and changed the culture at their club on the pitch and with recruitment, and somehow it got them up the League's. That's just one example, not all get it right, it's the harsh nature of football but there are many other clubs that have gradually built themselves back up by being forward thinking or thinking more long term or doing things better with regards with selling players on for a profit, etc. It seems almost inevitably we'll never go up unless we start doing things differently and having a more savvy forward thinking long term approach. 

Absolutely spot on !!!!