Unacceptable - Monk

All garbage. We got a flukey goal at Brighton with a half decent performance. Then Leeds could have been a different story had they took their chances. Fact is, management and players are at fault. We simply aren’t good enough. The midfield is non-existent at times. Puts constant pressure on our back four and the strikers have nothing to go on. We play little football and rely on big boot up field. Crap tactics GM

• Like 1

Just now, Kameron said:

No bed wetting here it’s absolute text book Wednesday and exactly why we haven’t seen top flight football for 20 Years, far too many supporters willing to defend and accept utter  sh i te season after season.  

What’s your solution, with the squad and chairman that we’ve got. 

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What’s your solution, with the squad and chairman that we’ve got. 

Unless we get extremely lucky, under the current chairman we’ve as much chance of going down than up especially if we lose the appeal against the EFL.

No guarantees but a solution for me would to get 2-3 players in this month on loan, try and offload if possible (easier said than done).   Get to the summer and see where we’re at after any punishment.  Not that it will happen but chansiri needs a Paul Aldridge type to run things day to day, look at the manager, back room staff, there’s a great opportunity to freshen up the squad due to the number of contracts ending in the summer. The wage bill and the age of the squad needs to come down, if it means 5 years rebuilding so be it, the current set up is not sustainable, wage bill increasing but league position stagnating and currently getting worse.  Chansiri needs to get this right or we’re in trouble, I have no confidence he has the ability to put things right.

The same squad has been put in loads of different formations, systems etc. over the past 4 years. And eventually they let the manager down. 

For me, the times come for us to stick with the man in charge and let him build a squad of his own. We’ve trusted this group for far too long and it’s probably time to stop blaming the man in charge of them every time they fail to show up. 

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Horrendous performance. It's all about the reaction now and the next game.

We never do well at QPR so that'll be an early cup exit. Think we'll lose at Wigan and Rowett will definitely have his Millwall boys up for the fight which we wont match and inevitably lose. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Unless we get extremely lucky, under the current chairman we’ve as much chance of going down than up especially if we lose the appeal against the EFL.

No guarantees but a solution for me would to get 2-3 players in this month on loan, try and offload if possible (easier said than done).   Get to the summer and see where we’re at after any punishment.  Not that it will happen but chansiri needs a Paul Aldridge type to run things day to day, look at the manager, back room staff, there’s a great opportunity to freshen up the squad due to the number of contracts ending in the summer. The wage bill and the age of the squad needs to come down, if it means 5 years rebuilding so be it, the current set up is not sustainable, wage bill increasing but league position stagnating and currently getting worse.  Chansiri needs to get this right or we’re in trouble, I have no confidence he has the ability to put things right.

That’s great. Agree with all of it. 

But what is  your solution with what we’ve got now. 

This thread is full of comments pointing the finger at a manager who’s come in to an ageing, overpaid and limited squad, he’s kept us competitive. Any losses have been by the odd goal. One freak result and we’re the worst team in the division.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thing is though, he's clearly saying he wanted them to go out and attack and they just haven't done it.

This group of players are known for starting slow, we were doing the same under Carlos....... 

It hasn't changed, you could blame Carlos, jos and monk the problem lies with the sqaud this is what it too ingrained in this lot. 

I'll blame monk when he's made a few signings and we've shaken this sqaud up. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

We never do well at QPR so that'll be an early cup exit. Think we'll lose at Wigan and Rowett will definitely have his Millwall boys up for the fight which we wont match and inevitably lose. 

With what you've said, if we win a couple of those then the reaction will have been spot on. If not, we may be in trouble. Just be our luck for the EFL to then hit us with the points deduction. We need as many points on the board as possible.

11 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The same squad has been put in loads of different formations, systems etc. over the past 4 years. And eventually they let the manager down. 

For me, the times come for us to stick with the man in charge and let him build a squad of his own. We’ve trusted this group for far too long and it’s probably time to stop blaming the man in charge of them every time they fail to show up. 

They've let us/managers down before and you get the sense they'll just do it again. 

They've been together too long to change their bad habits. 

Look forward to hearing the usual stuff about dusting ourselves down and so on.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

That’s great. Agree with all of it. 

But what is  your solution with what we’ve got now. 

This thread is full of comments pointing the finger at a manager who’s come in to an ageing, overpaid and limited squad, he’s kept us competitive. Any losses have been by the odd goal. One freak result and we’re the worst team in the division.

Round pegs in round holes for starters,  be more positive at home, no good slating strikers when we create nothing due to how monk sets us up, Bannan playing in front on the back 4 doesn’t work, launching high balls to winall up front on his own does not work, never has and never will.  Not all Monks fault but there are various things he could do to improve things.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

They've let us/managers down before and you get the sense they'll just do it again. 

To play devils advocate, in that starting lineup today. Dawson, Iorfa, Borner, Luongo, Murphy, Urhoghide. 

Would you say they are part of the squad who have continually let us down? Some are fairly fresh additions. You could add to that Winnall and Fox who put 100% in every week with the latter being arguably our most improved. 

But I will admit that a lot of them have been together far too long and it’s clear things are stale. Particularly upfront and in midfield. Plus when Harris is off the boil, we are pretty desperate in the wide areas. Whilst we are at it could do with a couple of new fullbacks. And I like Iorfa and Borner but I think they are very overrated by some. 

Basically we need a lot of new players

lol

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I got to the point after Jos where I don’t even waste my time reading what Bannan, Lees, Hutchinson etc. have got to say about ‘our chances’ or ‘repaying the fans/manager/chairman’. It’s all just empty sound bites with no genuine sentiment behind them. 

While ever we pay them  the vast amounts a week to play for the club that we do, they’ll say the fans are the best around, the stadiums like playing in a cauldron of sound and that the manager is a tactical genius. It’s cynical, but footballs about the most cynical industry on the planet. It’s time to cut away the players that are just here for a comfortable earner, with no intention of improving themselves or the club.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

with all due respect what’s the point of having a manager then mate if we are saying that?  It’s a managers job to get the best out of the squad you have. I didn’t believe he was the right man for the job and pointed that out plenty but we are where we are. 
do I think he’s getting g the best out of this squad?  I don’t think so, yes we have problems with players and tbh I would shift them all out but let’s be honest the performances we are putting in barring a couple of games are god awful. 

for some reason we keep putting bannan deep, he’s our most creative player along with lee and we have him playing just i front of the centre backs. If he’s being asked to do it then it’s monks fault, if he’s doing it off his own back when he shouldn’t drop him. 

the simple fact is. And I’m not talking about this game in isolation but our performances are as dull as I can remember. 
land without fletcher or a simular quality replacement  monks style of play is not goin g to work 

You clearly don’t like Monk, fair enough.  The solutions you gave earlier were nothing to do with Monk. 

Your solutions talk about new players coming in. Why do we need new players if the current issue is a coaching issue. 

I’m fully behind Monk,he’s human so he’ll make mistakes. Look at his record at other clubs. 

We had the best man for the job, hardly in a rush to get started and was out like sh!t thru a goose as soon as he could. That tells us all we need to know about how attractive we are to any coaches out there. 

Even Steve McLaren didn’t want it. 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To play devils advocate, in that starting lineup today. Dawson, Iorfa, Borner, Luongo, Murphy, Urhoghide. 

Would you say they are part of the squad who have continually let us down? Some are fairly fresh additions. You could add to that Winnall and Fox who put 100% in every week with the latter being arguably our most improved. 

But I will admit that a lot of them have been together far too long and it’s clear things are stale. Particularly upfront and in midfield. Plus when Harris is off the boil, we are pretty desperate in the wide areas. Whilst we are at it could do with a couple of new fullbacks. And I like Iorfa and Borner but I think they are very overrated by some. 

Basically we need a lot of new players

lol

There are some new faces...but the core of the side and the way they go about things feels largely the same. 

You've got Bannan dropping deeper and deeper, Reach running around but not really getting all that involved, Adthe and Winnall toiling away up front. 

It is all very samey still and I think that, in part, leads to the bloody awful atmosphere.