Unacceptable - Monk

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Don't know what this has to do with you

He was the one who started this because I have a different opinion to him and got personal 

Now he's made to look a fool ,he should be called out for it 

Nothing to do with you 

I suggest you DM him about it then rather than 'calling him out' on a public forum where others are likely to voice their opinion.

It was truly an unacceptable performance from the word go today.

I don’t believe it was down to team selection ( I agreed with keeping an unchanged lineup).

I don’t believe it was down to tactics or game plan.

We were simply outplayed and outrun by a team smarting from a six match losing streak.

It is simply not acceptable to be beaten by five goals at home because you don’t run enough, tackle enough or pass the ball well enough. Yes the manager has some responsibility, but that group of players has repeatedly failed to turn up when it matters under four different managers.

Monk and Chansiri need to start sorting this squad out starting now whilst the transfer window is open. Our midfield is under strength, our forwards carry little threat without Fletcher and our defence is repeatedly exposed as a result.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Here's no debate it was horrible.

The first ten minutes set the tone. We talk a lot. Train a lot about getting a foot hold in the game and getting in their half.

Pushing on. First ten minutes especially we have to get in their half. Get them facing their goal.

We kept turning back into our half. Playing ourselves into trouble.  You get punished for it. Playing team mates into trouble going backwards. 

We've caused our own problems. It'd been self-inflicted. Our decision making. We haven't set the tone. We played ourselves into needless pressure and mistakes. Going backwards.

The red card? He's for it completely wrong. But it's the first ten minutes that's done us. Needless going backwards.  

At home that is unacceptable.

Garry Monk

So obviously the players dont listen to him and do their own thing, get rid Gary or they will get you the push.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose if that’s the case, are you saying the players won’t play for him? That’s a big call

How many managers now is it that they won’t play for.?

We could get rid of him and get another manager in who they won’t play for.

Or we could have the manager we had last week, they played for that one.

Or we could go my preferred route and get rid of most of the players.

Thing is though, he's clearly saying he wanted them to go out and attack and they just haven't done it.

Exactly. If players do the opposite of the managers instructions it's hardly his fault. 

But saying that he then has to have the balls to hold them accountable and discipline them. Extra training, Fines, benched or dropped. Forget the result. If there is no mutual respect between players and manager it will never improve.

The mentality there is all wrong. The club should stand by the manager and support him in changing the culture in the dressing room.

19 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

did you go to stoke ? 442 nuhiu Rhodes  same Cardiff hull 442 3 losses awful performances , without fletcher we are a mess  , and you cant play bannan hutch or bannan and lee etc etc in a midfield 2 . bannan can sometimes be the biggest problem to when things go wrong as so much when things go right. I prefer a 442 normally but we cant with the players available do this . winnall Rhodes and nuhiu and nowhere near good enough until this is addressed and the midfield sorting these days will be happening again and again . I sometimes wonder if we should strike a deal with efl now take a 12 point deduction and not waste any more money , then get the waste of spaces/past it players out and completely rebuild in the summer , last thing I want is next season another yet another huge cloud hangs over us with a points deduction what can easily see us down to league 1 and maybe worse as in boltons case. but please lay off monk last week he was king monk this week he has hit men after him ,ridiculous!!!

Spot on.  No team can play without the right quality up front or in the middle. Monk is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear with most of this lot. It’s a credit to him that we’re still in the mix, but until we sort out key positions we’ll have a lot more of what we saw today.  Now is the right time for a result like this because if any player won’t play or train for Monk then let’s get the tw.t out of the club now and rebuild on players with some quality and hunger. 

• Thanks 1

Our fans are idiots. Moaning about keeper timewasting when we are losing 1-0. 
what is everyone expecting us to do. Play open football and cut 11 men Blackburn to shreds? 
we were getting outplayed 11 v 11 best we could of hoped for was slow the game down and try and nick something.  
plonkers. 

The first ten minutes set the tone. We talk a lot. Train a lot about getting a foot hold in the game and getting in their half.

Pushing on. First ten minutes especially we have to get in their half. Get them facing their goal.

We kept turning back into our half. Playing ourselves into trouble.  You get punished for it. Playing team mates into trouble going backwards. 

We've caused our own problems. It'd been self-inflicted. Our decision making. We haven't set the tone. We played ourselves into needless pressure and mistakes. Going backwards.

The red card? He's for it completely wrong. But it's the first ten minutes that's done us. Needless going backwards.  

Garry Monk

well do something about it!!! Before Mr Chansiri does something about you!!

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Some of the performances we have put in over Christmas and today have been embarrassing. I honestly can’t remember a performance as bad as today. Players where a joke and Monk wasn’t any better. Hoping some fresh blood might perk the squad up a bit. 

Can only assume you've not been watching us very long, I can certainly remember lots of performances much worse and we had 11 men on the pitch!! Agree with the flesh blood needed tho and a fair bit of it.

Edited by Suffolk.Owl

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Of the more creative players, only Bannan and Forestieri can play that type of football Can’t blame Monk, but we should have brought in a bit more of that in the summer A lot of the blame for setting us up to play this way, lies with Bruce, if he was responsible for the summer signings 

Bruce?? Unbelievable. 

3 hours ago, marcx666 said:

If that is the case, it shows he is a crap manager because he can't get his players to do what he asks.........BUT, it isn't the case, he clearly set the team up the same as aways games because it's all he knows. To sit back and counter attack, regardless of whether we are home or away, or who the opposition is.

You think we set he team up to arrack with the strikers we’ve got. They’re toothless. Make  the most of what we’ve got.

Today he is a crap manager.

Was he crap after the win at Leeds ?

Its a shocking result today, unacceptable.  But a one off, no need to soil yer sen.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You think we set he team up to arrack with the strikers we’ve got. They’re toothless. Make  the most of what we’ve got.

Today he is a crap manager.

Was he crap after the win at Leeds ?

Its a shocking result today, unacceptable.  But a one off, no need to soil yer sen.

Last week was the one off.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Garry Monk

Not enough passion in the words I heard during that interview, IMO. 

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Imitation - greatest form of flattery. 

If you’ve actually got a point, try to be original. If not, go and sit with the rest of  the bed wetting squad.

No bed wetting here it’s absolute text book Wednesday and exactly why we haven’t seen top flight football for 20 Years, far too many supporters willing to defend and accept utter  sh i te season after season.