Forestieri

4 hours ago, Bukta said:

He's been to Spain to see his personal physio which he pays for out of his own pocket in a bid to get back as quickly as possible. Scans were all clear but was still feeling pain in training. Feels desperate to get back in the side.

Yea thanks for that Fernando 

• Haha 1

I really despair reading comments on here sometimes. Usually ignore it and look elsewhere but to slag a player off for being injured is just ridiculous. 

The lad has has a long term injury and spent months going through operations, physiotherapy and then fitness training. If this was Sam Hutchinson or KL everyone understands and wishes him well, because it's FF, and he lost the plot 3 years ago, he's chastised for it. 

Try having your leg opened up and then get on a tread mill see how it feels when it goes again. 

Jeez some people need to grow up 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No he played Christmas 2015 but not 2016. He missed 4 of the 5 Christmas games that year.

He missed 3 games prior to Christmas due to suspension,  which aren't really Christmas games anyway. And he played at Newcastle on Boxing Day, so therefore was available and played at Christmas that year, missed the next game for whatever reason and then played at New Year. If the red card been incurred deliberately as insinuated he'd have got it a game or 2 later if he really wanted to have Christmas off.

And let's face it, everybody wants to give Ben Pearson a slap lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cockers said:

Has he got an injury though? Because after the Charlton game Monk intimated that the medical team could not diagnose an injury, but said "we'll have to go with the player and what he says". These injuries seem to have dogged Forestieri now for the last three seasons. 

Yep, he's struggled badly since playing through the pain and delaying the inevitable knee surgery which he eventually succumbed to a few seasons ago.

Perhaps if he'd been advised differently and had had the surgery earlier, he might not have struggled so much in the long-term?

I haven't heard Monk's comments you allude to, but I certainly wouldn't assume that Forestieri is faking injury.

FF isn’t up to it. He likes the banter and jokes on social media but when the going gets tough he’s never anywhere to be seen. And don’t talk to me about injuries, he’s spent plenty of time on the bench too in the last couple seasons.

Attitude is all wrong, and that’s why he’s never been a regular starter anywhere in his career 

Edited by FreshOwl

20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

FF isn’t up to it. He likes the banter and jokes on social media but when the going gets tough he’s never anywhere to be seen. And don’t talk to me about injuries, he’s spent plenty of time on the bench too in the last couple seasons.

Attitude is all wrong, and that’s why he’s never been a regular starter anywhere in his career 

Being allowed to start the warm up carrying his baby child in the first home game last season said it all, about club, manager and player.

Maybe he was hoping for a further wage increase to cover crèche fees.

46 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

I really despair reading comments on here sometimes. Usually ignore it and look elsewhere but to slag a player off for being injured is just ridiculous. 

The lad has has a long term injury and spent months going through operations, physiotherapy and then fitness training. If this was Sam Hutchinson or KL everyone understands and wishes him well, because it's FF, and he lost the plot 3 years ago, he's chastised for it. 

Try having your leg opened up and then get on a tread mill see how it feels when it goes again. 

Jeez some people need to grow up 

Ive been one of Forestieri’s biggest fans but there’s been one issue after another with him and that’s why our fans are getting impatient and more importantly cynical. Various injuries, red cards, disciplinary issues, racist slurs, failure to play against Norwich and ongoing petulant behaviour.

Hes been a great player for 2 seasons but you’ve just got to wonder what’s going on with him. We are doing very well this season without him and if a small bid comes in for him January prior to his contract up in the summer, then I would get rid. 

I honestly think he's off, the deals agreed and that's why he's absent. 

Nothing would surprise me ff wise. He had a brilliant 1st season for us. Up there with one of my favourite ever players. 

At the point he wanted to leave, we should have sold. It's been a car crash ever since. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.