Forestieri

3 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

FF's landlord has had the house valued recently. 

Could be routine landlord behaviour, but I'm cynical. Off in January, I reckon.

...on the other hand he recently went to have a look at renting a house overlooking Ewden Valley.

Forestieri is excellent as the second striker or number 10 (like a Peter Beardsley or Paul Williams) he’s not the main centre forward or number 9 (like a Gary Lineker or David Hirst).

Our problem is we’ve not had a championship equivalent of a Gary Lineker or David Hirst to partner him with.

27 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Forestieri is excellent as the second striker or number 10 (like a Peter Beardsley or Paul Williams) he’s not the main centre forward or number 9 (like a Gary Lineker or David Hirst).

Our problem is we’ve not had a championship equivalent of a Gary Lineker or David Hirst to partner him with.

Define “excellent”.

The team don’t score goals or win matches when he plays centrally.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's got a knee injury.

Accusing him of 'stealing a wage' is a bit harsh. I'm sure he'd rather not have struggled with injuries as he has for the past few seasons.

Has he got an injury though? Because after the Charlton game Monk intimated that the medical team could not diagnose an injury, but said "we'll have to go with the player and what he says". These injuries seem to have dogged Forestieri now for the last three seasons. 

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

There hasn't been a Forestieri thread for a while. Somebody just had to start one and it just has to be negative.

FF is a marmite player. You either love him or hate him.

I can understand people's frustration with him as on his day he's one of the best in the league and a match winner.

How many players have a peak in their career and due to injury , change of manager or something else their form deteriorates. He's had more than his fair share of injuries and cumulatively must add up to affecting his performances. 

A fully fit and firing FF would be the first name on my team sheet. Problem  now is where to play him. 

It will take him several games or part games to get match fit. The doubters will expect him to start the way he used to be. 

We don't have many decent attacking options.

As a matter of interest who would you have as 2 forwards.

Rhodes

Winnal

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Fletcher

If it's pace you want then FF is the only one with it.

Fletcher and FF?

Only Fletcher is up to the standard. The rest  can go for me. 

55 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

When were FF and Hooper unplayable as a front two?

You clearly don’t remember their paring stopped us scoring? If I recall they scored 4 goals as a pair in 15 games.

Imagine if Monk pairs Fletcher and Rhodes for the next 15 and they score four goals!? Meltdown. 

I know there’s a debate about FF in a 2 or a 3 but that misses the point.  He’s a class player and we need class players on the pitch in a team that’s paper thin.  I agree by the way, when he played in a 3 he came alive but I don’t know if we have that luxury.  

• Like 1

Just now, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I know there’s a debate about FF in a 2 or a 3 but that misses the point.  He’s a class player and we need class players on the pitch in a team that’s paper thin.  I agree by the way, when he played in a 3 he came alive but I don’t know if we have that luxury.  

Team is worse with him in a two.

I know most fans would play him at Full-back rather than sit him out, but our results when he plays in a two are off the scale dire.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Team is worse with him in a two.

I know most fans would play him at Full-back rather than sit him out, but our results when he plays in a two are off the scale dire.

I’m sure you have the stats but do they tell the whole story?  Surely it depends on how he’s used.  Carlos used to mix it up, and in his 2nd season when we went on that run to finish 4th he was used as sub and a couple of times turned the game.