Forestieri

His knee has not been right since he played when he was suffering pain under cc. He eventually had it operated on and still it is not right. 

Its harsh to slag him when the injury is from playing when we needed him for the play offs. 

I am sure his frustration at his form and pain is why his attitude is being questioned. Control of his emotions and temper has never been his best attribute. 

Fact is ff will not ever be a squad player. He needs to be fully fit and confident to play his best. He is neither and has not been for a long time. 

Its time for swfc to be ruthless. The club and results are paramount. He is worth very little but his wages will be better spent on someone else. January he will be on his way. Probably for free. Westwood too. With the wages savings we can get 4 players who can contribute to a promotion push. I think monk is wisely getting Rhodes price up by playing him for money he's earmarked on a quick striker. 

7 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Anybody actually know what’s going on with him? Is he injured? Is he arsed? 

For me he should of gone ages ago. I can’t actually recall the last time he did anything worthwhile. Never looks bothered when he’s out there, he had his strop before Norwich and got what he wanted with the pay rise. Now seems content to sit and steal a wage (a big one at that).

He will never repay for how we have been with him as a club and as fans. 

Its not an easy game being a striker

If he wants to play for Wednesday, which I believe he does then I think Monk will play to his strengths. My lasting memory will be a home game at the start of last (Or the seaon before last) season when he ripped his own shirt in frustration. He really wants success at SWFC I'm sure. 

If he doesn't then thanks for the memories. 

We didn't play to his strengths 

sheffield_wednesdays_fernando_forestieri_looks_dejected_at_the_e_178764.jpg

13 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Its not an easy game being a striker

If he wants to play for Wednesday, which I believe he does then I think Monk will play to his strengths. My lasting memory will be a home game at the start of last (Or the seaon before last) season when he ripped his own shirt in frustration. He really wants success at SWFC I'm sure. 

If he doesn't then thanks for the memories. 

We didn't play to his strengths 

sheffield_wednesdays_fernando_forestieri_looks_dejected_at_the_e_178764.jpg

More interested in his own ego and bank balance then playing for Wednesday.

On 28/12/2019 at 16:53, Holmowl said:

Define “excellent”.

The team don’t score goals or win matches when he plays centrally.

Like reyt good:)

Newcastle away arguably our best league performance in the championship is one of many examples.

We’ve got 99 problems but Forestieri up front ain’t one. Getting him on the pitch, however, is one.

On 28/12/2019 at 13:05, SallyCinnamon said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when he refused to play against Norwich we should have cashed in. 

That was over three years ago now. Since then he’s gradually contributed less and less. To the point where I doubt many clubs would be interested in signing him. 

He was sorted as soon as we offered him an improved deal. 

I  think many, myself included agree with you on this ...

After that we should have listened to reasonable offers ..

Instead we kept him in the hope that he'll produce the goods, which to an extent he has, but its not been consistent enough and unfortunately we can't afford to cling on to moments of brilliance every so often ...

He'll see his contract out and then get released and we'll miss out on a money which we could have got few seasons ago ...