Forestieri

46 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He played at Christmas in his first 2 seasons here. Long term injury the following season and lengthy injury layoffs last year and this year. 

Are you suggesting he fakes these  injuries just so he can snaffle a few more mince pies? 

Yep along with many on here.

Its all a bit sad really

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

He played at Christmas in his first 2 seasons here. Long term injury the following season and lengthy injury layoffs last year and this year. 

Are you suggesting he fakes these  injuries just so he can snaffle a few more mince pies? 

Don’t let facts get in the way of the vitriol that some are spouting.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when he refused to play against Norwich we should have cashed in. 

That was over three years ago now. Since then he’s gradually contributed less and less. To the point where I doubt many clubs would be interested in signing him. 

He was sorted as soon as we offered him an improved deal. 

Theres only us who would let one of our most gifted players in recent years leave for nothing.

Seems to me that the club needs to act very quickly in January to re balance the squad.

If arbitration and EFL charges go against us we may not be able to use the transfer market for some time.

Forestieri is a dilemma. Undoubtedly a talent but due to suspension and injury he’s been unable to display his worth for two seasons now. He’s 30 in January and with his troublesome recent record it will be difficult for him to regain his form of three years ago, or indeed to move him on. Having said that he’s one of a number of players where we need to be ruthless if we are to reduce the squad size to a number where all are likely to get game time.
To me Forestieri, Lee, Bates, and  Westwood cannot be relied on to stay fit. Winnall, Rhodes and Murphy are unlikely to play regularly and all need to be moved on if a way can be found.

Ruthless I know but it should allow space to strengthen midfield and add pace to the attack. It may also give promising young players like Thorniley and Wildsmith the chance of a game.

Its an indictment on Forestieri when players like Adthe Nuhiu have been worth more to the club for the last couple of seasons than he is given the money he is supposed to be worth.

A "Marmite" player?...I dunno....You at least know what marmite tastes like, and its always available if you want it.

I would love to see him back and firing, but you tend to lose hope with the "Fits and starts" way he has been appearing.

He comes back...scores one...We all sing "oh Foerstieri"..he kisses the badge and you don't see him for a month.

Some of our consistent players are not good enough...he's a good player thats not consistent enough...its a problem.

I don't know what's up wi the bloke, seems all happy in pics with his tractor n doing stuff for charity then he gets on pitch and all goes boobies up. Needs to sort his head out I mean does he want to do well in his career or just rake in wages. 

2 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Anybody actually know what’s going on with him? Is he injured? Is he arsed? 

For me he should of gone ages ago. I can’t actually recall the last time he did anything worthwhile. Never looks bothered when he’s out there, he had his strop before Norwich and got what he wanted with the pay rise. Now seems content to sit and steal a wage (a big one at that).

He will never repay for how we have been with him as a club and as fans. 

Couldn't agree more mate. 

He should have gone after refusing to travel, once they gave in to the demands they lost, and let's face it what's he done. 

Hopefully be gone soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

There hasn't been a Forestieri thread for a while. Somebody just had to start one and it just has to be negative.

FF is a marmite player. You either love him or hate him.

I can understand people's frustration with him as on his day he's one of the best in the league and a match winner.

How many players have a peak in their career and due to injury , change of manager or something else their form deteriorates. He's had more than his fair share of injuries and cumulatively must add up to affecting his performances. 

A fully fit and firing FF would be the first name on my team sheet. Problem  now is where to play him. 

It will take him several games or part games to get match fit. The doubters will expect him to start the way he used to be. 

We don't have many decent attacking options.

As a matter of interest who would you have as 2 forwards.

Rhodes

Winnal

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Fletcher

If it's pace you want then FF is the only one with it.

Fletcher and FF?

Not for all the tea in China. He’s a hopeless striker.

Youve got him in the wrong group. He should be alternating with Harris, Reach and Murphy. In that role he’s an excellent player. 

Pairing Fletch with a fully fit Rhodes (I still think he can get back somewhere like he was) or FF in the run in should give us something like the firepower we need, and it won’t cost us a penny in Jan.  I think people are still fond of FF because on form he’s one of the best forwards we’ve had for years.  FF and Hooper were unplayable at times.  I don’t give a f.ck what happened at Norwich, I want to get our best team out and go up. 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

No he played Christmas 2015 but not 2016. He missed 4 of the 5 Christmas games that year.

First year he and we were flying. It was the time Carlos tried him out wide and he and we scored like never before or since.

Whatever made Carlos or Forestieri decide he was better thru the middle will remain a mystery that would baffle Morse, Sherlock and Poirot.

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Pairing Fletch with a fully fit Rhodes (I still think he can get back somewhere like he was) or FF in the run in should give us something like the firepower we need, and it won’t cost us a penny in Jan.  I think people are still fond of FF because on form he’s one of the best forwards we’ve had for years.  FF and Hooper were unplayable at times.  I don’t give a f.ck what happened at Norwich, I want to get our best team out and go up. 

When were FF and Hooper unplayable as a front two?

You clearly don’t remember their paring stopped us scoring? If I recall they scored 4 goals as a pair in 15 games.

Imagine if Monk pairs Fletcher and Rhodes for the next 15 and they score four goals!? Meltdown.