Owls take legal action over George Hirst

40 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So just to be clear:

-EFL threatened with action over their alleged OK-ing of the sale of Hillsborough then backtracking

-Leicester to have action taken against them for George Hirst

-Local council taken to court with a ruling pending based off of perceived overzealous Hillsborough restrictions

Have I missed anything? lol 

What ever happened with Mike Ashley and Bruce's compo?

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think we need a line up thread for our legal team, so we can discuss tactics etc.

Some of them must have made more appearances than some of our players.

Got to be some legal experts on here. 

With a name like yours maybe you should look into it!    :biggrin:

I might have missed something, but while we might argue it was morally wrong, what regulations or laws were breached?

I hope our case against the EFL is much stronger than this appears to be.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

I might have missed something, but while we might argue it was morally wrong, what regulations or laws were breached?

I hope our case against the EFL is much stronger than this appears to be.

My thoughts exactly. 

I’m genuinely interested in knowing what we’d be pursuing them on here. 

It’s pretty scummy and unbecoming from a club in Leicester’s position to be pulling that kind of stunt over (absolute tops) a couple of million, but that’s the morally bankrupt world of football. And the higher up the pyramid you go, the sharper the sharks’ teeth become.

You could even draw parallels between what Leicester did with Hirst, and our own actions around the sale of Hillsborough to circumnavigate P&S rules. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bobness said:

What ever happened with Mike Ashley and Bruce's compo?

I'm left thinking that unless we officially resolved this at the time we may very well reignite it.

My interpretation of the news about Hirst junior is that we are opening another front where we can quite easily point to a blatant rules manipulation by Leicester and the player. I'm guessing that in the event we lose our stadium/accounts dispute we're going to claim there are double standards going on and that the rules in general are a bo!!ocks. 

Or......DC just feels like fighting every f***er ATM, a feeling I can relate to. lol