Owls take legal action over George Hirst

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Fanfeckingtastic. We have an owner with some cojones that’s prepared to do anything and everything for this club. It’s about time!

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

No but the timing is slightly ironic don’t you think 

No not really,not such a big story unlike the EFL case. Probably been going on for a while but only recently leaked out. 

Been coming for a long time, interesting to see how it unfolds

Blatant navigation of the rules, but will our case stand up in court against one of the PL big guns 

6 goals in 11 games for their kids.  

Looks like he's filled out a bit since I last saw him.

Anyway. ...

Glad we're doing this. Leicester took the p1ss from the off.

We all knew he'd end up there despite the Belgium nonsense.

Probabky were waiting till the he rocked up there before we could do anything.

This will have been going on behind he scenes a while.

Not why the Star drops it out on boxing day. 

Doom per chance? 

31 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In what way? lol 

Two completely separate issues. 

I doubt a few million for George Hirst is going to make up for us being denied a promotion/getting relegated. 

Think people might be looking a bit too much into this. 

With Hirst, it's the principle, not so much the money. Maybe us taking action will force the muppets at the EFL to close that loophole so no one else gets shafted. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

With Hirst, it's the principle, not so much the money. Maybe us taking action will force the muppets at the EFL to close that loophole so no one else gets shafted. 

Yes, but I don't think it has anything to do with the potential success of our issues with the EFL re: the stadium sale. 

33 minutes ago, Sonny said:

FFP sorted in one and then attack the EFL with a counter to the current charges. Can see us being quids in and given a points award at this rate:ghoulguy:

Leicesters method of acquiring Hirst via a foreign team was obvious, their ownership of the Belgian club is where I think we may have grounds for compensation. 

Our best chance is to agree settlement on the basis Leicester may be concerned about a potential transfer embargo, like Chelsea recently incurred due to their pursuit of youth players.

In legal terms, I think it may be 50/50 if Leicester have complied with the letter of the law  even if not the spirit (and recognise the irony of this statement, given our stadium sale),  however good on DC for standing up for himself and the club.