Owls take legal action over George Hirst

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

looks like Villa have pulled a similar scam but using a friendly club in Europe.

Villa used Barcelona to grab a West Brom kid & now he is moving to Villa

True, Barcelona are to Villa what OH Leuven are to Leicester!

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Minton said:

Don't be ridiculous. He hasn't settled in Spain and isn't getting any game time with their youth team (because he isn't as good as they thought). Even West Brom aren't accusing Villa of using Barcelona as a feeder team.

Excellent conversation skills !! I really can't be bothered to argue with rude people so do a search or don't . I don't care

Did anyone notice who scored one of the goals for Leicester Citys under 21's in the game last night his 3rd goal in 3 games for the team in the competition. 

I can see him getting out on loan in January in either League one or the championship.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Did anyone notice who scored one of the goals for Leicester Citys under 21's in the game last night his 3rd goal in 3 games for the team in the competition. 

I can see him getting out on loan in January in either League one or the championship.

But as was said by the late great Butch Wilkins and others the gulf between U21s football and league football is huge and the reason that 90%+ of players at that level don't make the step up. Maybe he's found his level?

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Excellent conversation skills !! I really can't be bothered to argue with rude people so do a search or don't . I don't care

Do a search for what? The Barry kid is in talks with Villa (apparently) but suggesting Villa are using Barcelona as a feeder team to get around paying compensation to other English teams is more than ridiculous and you know it. I was most definitely being polite. 

34 minutes ago, darra said:

But as was said by the late great Butch Wilkins and others the gulf between U21s football and league football is huge and the reason that 90%+ of players at that level don't make the step up. Maybe he's found his level?

Or maybe after the bizarre move to Belgium he is starting to regain his fitness and sharpness, will be interesting to watch his development over the next 18 months whether he makes it or end up in the lower leagues.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Could he do a job for us?

:Chansiri:

Who will be adjudicating over this case?

If it's anything to do with the EFL, the FA or FIFA, they will probably award us some pittance of a percentage for the sell on fee to shut us up and Judas Hirst will go to Leicester on a free, or for a silly knock down price. The idiot would have played for us before now if he had got any real sense of loyalty. It's no good blaming his dad for bad mouthing us either, because he has been back at Hillsborough on several occasions to watch games. George Hirst can say what he likes about his love for Sheffield Wednesday and not wanting to play for anybody else, but it all turned out to be lies in the end and if he says he didn't realise that things would turn out this way between us and him then he is an even bigger liar. I hope we go out for all we can get, just like he did, but I will not hold my breath for a big pay out. 

I wrote to the EFL on a couple of occasions, regarding the possible points deduction and all I got back were stock answers that I could have come up with myself, without knowing anything at all about the case. 

I believe that rightly or wrongly a lot of people have had it in for Wednesday ever since the Hillsborough disaster was dug up again recently. The Sheffield Council, The South Yorkshire Police Force and the EFL's pool of match officials have given SWFC so much poo over the last 12 months or so that you really do wonder what is going to come next. 

On 26/12/2019 at 13:14, FreshOwl said:

No but the timing is slightly ironic don’t you think 

Like DC's timing for shifting shares, ownership and directorships around do you mean?

Is he getting ready for something do you think?

Maybe it's going to be another cake!

Hopefully not a round one this time, even the bake off champs give that one a miss.

lol