Rhodes to Celtic

Guest Manwithastick

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Put it this way: 

If Celtic and Rangers were armed with a tv deal like that afforded to the Prem teams, then they would be competing in the upper echelons of most competitions. 

One thing Ive learned all these years watching footy,its not the sums of money you spend,its the wisdom in which its used.And thats true even in todays game

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Just because Scottish football doesn't have loads of world class players, doesn't mean that Celtic aren't a massive football club. 

Like France, Holland etc., the SPL is one of the smaller European leagues and that means the better players are likely to move onto other clubs in Europe before they reach their peak. 

That doesn't mean that Celtic, Ajax, Rangers, PSV, Feyenoord and so forth aren't huge/big football clubs with huge fanbases. 

To call them small clubs is beyond stupid. 

Celtic and Rangers imo should have been wild carded into the premiership at its inception. Putting all the political cr4p to one side they would be a massive asset to our top league.

8 hours ago, poite said:

Didn't score today. 

Can I just check. By OT logic does that mean he's 'shyte' again?

One good performance at Forest doesn’t change the fact that he’s been a massive disappointment for us, so you could say he’s never stopped being ‘shyte’ really. 

Edited by Carbone

14 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

think he's done in the summer isn't he? 3 1/2 year deal signed in Jan 17 I think.

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Great hattrick last week. But on his wages and his overall contribution since he’s been here, it makes sense for him to move on. Out of contract in the summer too. 

He's under contract until summer 2021.

One of the very worst transfers our club has ever been involved with.

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

Put it this way: 

If Celtic and Rangers were armed with a tv deal like that afforded to the Prem teams, then they would be competing in the upper echelons of most competitions. 

I've always been curious, how well would the top Scottish teams perform in, say, Premier League?

Could be a good deal for all concerned. Would free up som cash in wages at least.

And for the debate about Celtic being a big club, they’re probably one of the top 5 or 6 biggest clubs in Britain. They’ve got the whole of Ireland, half of Scotland and many catholics around the world supporting them. As someone said earlier, if they were in the premier league within a few years they’d be right up there and competing in the champions league.

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
25 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I've always been curious, how well would the top Scottish teams perform in, say, Premier League?

Compare the squads to liverpool and Man city etc then celtic would probably be lower mid table and rangers flirting with relegation.

But as someone mentioned given the money in the prem the players would soon come and no doubt I'd expect both to challenge for the title.

Without those two clubs though scottish football would be about as relevant as Welsh football

Can’t think of a league where Rhodes would be less suited. They would eat him alive. Hamish, centre half from from Inverness Caledonian Thistle eats 3 chickens for breakfast and kicks grandmas in their tuppence for fun. 

• Haha 9

Guest Ferkorf

As for Rhodes if we get an umbongo enlargement embargo then I'd hang on to every player we can.

We would need him.

If the window is ours to play with then I'd certainly try to get him and winnall out the door and that murphy back to newcastle.

Bring in another winger and a striker both with pace.

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

Celtic and Rangers imo should have been wild carded into the premiership at its inception. Putting all the political cr4p to one side they would be a massive asset to our top league.

Can’t agree Celtic are a scum club who sing anti English songs and celebrate IRA scum. Should rot where they are and never be allowed to come into any league south of the border

10 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Can’t agree Celtic are a scum club who sing anti English songs and celebrate IRA scum. Should rot where they are and never be allowed to come into any league south of the border

Your entitled to your opinion mate but I bet the worldwide audience for Celtic v Man Utd would be more than the audience for Watford v Man Utd yesterday.

As mentioned I am not into the political crap ,  fans that sing inflamatory songs  ( any fans ) should be banned.

Think it would be a good move for Jordan Rhodes of he could get a move to Celtic.

They dominate most games and provide plenty of chances in the box which is what he needs.  The standard of defending across the Scottish Premier is not great and a lot of players have resurrected their career up there. ( Lee Griffith, Steve McLean, Steve May and many more.)

If we could get a small fee and get his substantial wages off the books it would help us, you never know we may be able to use the money to offer Fletcher a 12 month extension.

19 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We might need him in League One, if we get a draconian points deduction

we certainly wouldn't want him on 40k a week in league 1. but unless we equal 3rd bottoms form or worse from now till may we wont go down even if league hit us with maximum 21 points . this could drag on upto a year so maybe its next season we would start -21 points that would be a lot more worrying . 

2 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Badly

With the current squads, quite possibly, but as many have said on here (and plenty seemingly have ignored), if you give them the backing that all Premier League teams get via TV money then they would be some of the bigger clubs. They have huge support and are wildly known throughout the world when compared to the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton etc. I guess it all depends on what people define as a big club, in my opinion it isn't the amount of TV money you get. 

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

He's under contract until summer 2021.

One of the very worst transfers our club has ever been involved with.

So far.

It is entirely possible that he plays a very big role in getting us promoted, which would make it one of our very best pieces of business.

One game is no way to base a judgement, but it’s impossible not to get excited by the prospect of the Fletcher-Rhodes partnership having watched the Forest game. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1