Rhodes to Celtic

Guest Manwithastick

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why would he want to take a backwards step like that?

Tbf, they might play in a bit of a mickey mouse league, but Celtic are a bloody huge club. 

I bet you plenty of Championship players would bite your arm off for a chance to play for them for a season or two. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, they might play in a bit of a mickey mouse league, but Celtic are a bloody huge club. 

I bet you plenty of Championship players would bite your arm off for a chance to play for them for a season or two. 

Guaranteed trophies each year

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They're only a huge club in Scotland. Rest of europe, they arent a big club.

Youd get a chance of winning a league, but it's a Scottish premiership trophy. Grand scheme of things, it means nowt.

Promotion to the proper Premier League tho, that's the real aim for most players. Especially the British ones. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Youd get a chance of winning a league, but it's a Scottish premiership trophy. Grand scheme of things, it means nowt.

Promotion to the proper Premier League tho, that's the real aim for most players. Especially the British ones. 

I'm sorry, but that is complete nonsense. 

Celtic are a huge club. Yes, they may struggle to compete with the European elite, but that doesn't take away from how big of a club they are. 

By your logic, the likes of Ajax (bar the last few seasons) wouldn't be deemed a big club. 

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You are totally and utterly off your bonce!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, SiJ said:

I'm sorry, but that is complete nonsense. 

Celtic are a huge club. Yes, they may struggle to compete with the European elite, but that doesn't take away from how big of a club they are. 

By your logic, the likes of Ajax (bar the last few seasons) wouldn't be deemed a big club. 

Agree with this...plus he will get bags of chances and probably goals.

If he scores a load it may even mean me can sell him next summer for actual money. 

I'm assuming he still has 18 months left with us?

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Don’t know how you figure that one out, guru. Getting rid of a player seemingly back on form (I know early days) and making no money. I’d see it as an awful move 

Maybe on the evidence of 45 mins last week, but once in how many minutes has he played for us? 

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We might need him in League One, if we get a draconian points deduction

Nah. This team should put 70pts+ on the board to keep us safe even if EFL hit us hard. I'm not even sure the case will be settled this season anyway. Brum's took 9 months and theirs was more straightforward than ours.