Rhodes to Celtic

Guest Manwithastick

Not saying they should, but put Celtic in the English league system for 10 years and see where they are in terms of global appeal, revenue streams etc at the end of it.

Absolutely huge football club with a fanbase that covers the planet.

The same applies to Rangers.

The Wednesday way will come full voodoo here and this is how the timing will work out..

Celtic bid £10 million in staged payments.

Sturgeon finds archaic parliamentary law that gives immediate independence.

Join the EU overnight under special dispensation.

Boris declares UK sovereignty.

Rhodes hasn't got enough international caps to move abroad.

• Haha 2

I don't think this is true. 

Neil Lennon came to the pub to watch Huddersfield play off game (in Edinburgh) and was talking about Rhodes. He was telling me he thinks Rhodes is an extremely overrated player and he really doesn't rate him at all. In fact I'd go as far to say he doesn't like him as a player. Can't see it being true. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I must have missed Bournemouth in the Champions League. 

"Truly good" lol 

I mean, Van Dijk did. 

That Nakamura fella was pretty decent. 

I could list numerous good players who have plied their trade in Scotland at some point. Yeah, they haven't been awash with world class talent (money again), but still. 

And this still doesn't get away from the point that a move to Celtic would be a great one for Jordan Rhodes. 

Van Dijk was just a young lad in Scotland, he made his name at Southampton and even then, did anybody think he was that good til last year?

It might be good for him, and us tbf because we'd get some money for him. I think he'd be still better off with us though, for both parties.

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Van Dijk was just a young lad in Scotland, he made his name at Southampton and even then, did anybody think he was that good til last year?

It might be good for him, and us tbf because we'd get some money for him. I think he'd be still better off with us though, for both parties.

Absolute joke.

Van Dijk was immense in Europe for Celtic.

And if we're comparing like for like; anyone who wouldnt take Edouard over Rhodes needs to take off the anti-Celtic specs.

2 minutes ago, Owl.1867 said:

Absolute joke.

Van Dijk was immense in Europe for Celtic.

And if we're comparing like for like; anyone who wouldnt take Edouard over Rhodes needs to take off the anti-Celtic specs.

Was excellent at the Camp Nou wasn't he.....

Made his name in England, improved and became so much better on the south coast. Then improved even more for Liverpool. 

Haven't seen Edourd play for long spells in all honesty. 

Doesnt change the fact that no player any good goes to scotland in his prime since 2004.

1 hour ago, English Man said:

I don't think this is true. 

Neil Lennon came to the pub to watch Huddersfield play off game (in Edinburgh) and was talking about Rhodes. He was telling me he thinks Rhodes is an extremely overrated player and he really doesn't rate him at all. In fact I'd go as far to say he doesn't like him as a player. Can't see it being true. 

Thing with Jordan is...he's a goalscorer, but his all round game is lacking somewhat. 

Hold up play and so forth isn't really his strongest asset. He's very much a throwback number 9. 

In saying that, you could see him as being someone to chuck on with 10 minutes to go to grab a goal. 

Good to see Birley is still talking rubbish. 

Just because Scottish football doesn't have loads of world class players, doesn't mean that Celtic aren't a massive football club. 

Like France, Holland etc., the SPL is one of the smaller European leagues and that means the better players are likely to move onto other clubs in Europe before they reach their peak. 

That doesn't mean that Celtic, Ajax, Rangers, PSV, Feyenoord and so forth aren't huge/big football clubs with huge fanbases. 

To call them small clubs is beyond stupid. 

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

If celtic played in england, they would be a bournmouth, burnley with a similar support of newcastle...in a good season they would be an everton

Total b@ll@cks

If Celtic and Rangers played in the Premier the whole landscape of football in the Premier would change

Both teams would be able to attract the very best players

There would be a new big 4, and both Celtic and Rangers would be in that big 4

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Total b@ll@cks

If Celtic and Rangers played in the Premier the whole landscape of football in the Premier would change

Both teams would be able to attract the very best players

There would be a new big 4, and both Celtic and Rangers would be in that big 4

Indeed. 

Whether you like them or not, Celtic and Rangers are institutions. 

Huge football clubs with massive fanbases. 

Their potential is limited due to the parlous state of Scottish football...though, ironically, they have probably, in part, contributed to that. 

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

2m half season loan, 2m perm transfer, 800k wages off books. Sign 6 ft 2 pacey Lyle Taylor for 1m plus 3rd of the wages.

No brainer...

Charlton won't sell Taylor for 1mil. Champ survival is worth far more to them than that. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He's out of contract at end season, they may not have a choice...

They're dropping like a stone. Better off using him even if that means losing him on a free. They need him. Relegation would cost them more than 1mil.