Club Statement

2 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Agree. If they find us ‘guilty’ they will throw the book at us for having a go back.

Yep I think this is just desperation from the club to try and stop the inevitable. Not the first time we’ve kicked up a fuss when we weren’t happy with a decision. Reporting Newcastle to the Premier League for example. Wonder what happened to that? 

But to be honest, I don’t blame us for taking this approach. The punishment is going to be mega either way, may as well go down fighting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

It’s like 2 drunk women having a fight 

You know both are in the wrong, both are slightly clueless, it should never have come to this, it’s uncomfortable to witness but it’s a little bit funny and you cheer on your wife with all your might!!!

come on Wednesday 

Oh dear 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also talk of get promoted and then it will go away, is very wishful thinking. Firstly let’s appreciate how difficult that is. We are 11 points off automatic promotion. Yes we are 4th and have had a good run but we are by no means the finished article as a side, I think Monk is overachieving with what he’s got. Also the play offs are a lottery.

Secondly the punishment is likely to happen this season, like Birmingham. The EFL won’t let us get away with this. No doubt in my mind. 

I think we’re in the right to fight this whatever the final outcome. The EFL just lack consistency in the way they govern their clubs and we obviously feel for some reason we’ve been singled out when other clubs have sold their stadiums and regardless of the whys and wherefores of the situation we find ourselves in, we have to stand up and be counted. This case will have a bearing on the future of P&S in the championship as other clubs are going to fall foul of these stupid rules in the future, maybe even the holier than thou lot in Teeside?

• Thanks 1

If the EFL were to impose a points deduction and then the club went after the EFL and won, things could get very messy indeed.

If for example the points deduction stopped us from getting into the top 6, then the club would be within their rights to sue the EFL for £150m.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also talk of get promoted and then it will go away, is very wishful thinking. Firstly let’s appreciate how difficult that is. We are 11 points off automatic promotion. Yes we are 4th and have had a good run but we are by no means the finished article as a side, I think Monk is overachieving with what he’s got. Also the play offs are a lottery.

Secondly the punishment is likely to happen this season, like Birmingham. The EFL won’t let us get away with this. No doubt in my mind. 

I honestly don't think he's overachieving, based on what's happened so far I reckon we should be aiming for promotion

5 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s like 2 drunk women having a fight 

You know both are in the wrong, both are slightly clueless, it should never have come to this, it’s uncomfortable to witness but it’s a little bit funny and you cheer on your wife with all your might!!!

come on Wednesday 

Well that's one way of looking at it. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sadly I think you're correct.  I would then win a tenner off my brother if that happened mind.

32 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The club know what they’re doing. Promotion is in the sights this season, they’re gonna drag this shiiit on 

Could take years to go through all the Court proceedings and any appeal 

Yep trying to decipher what the statement actually means. 

So the EFL have charged us with a disciplinary offence 

We have written to the EFL that we think in law we have a claim against the EFL for this legitimate expectation to rely on previous correspondence and therefore the charges are unlawful

The EFL have not accepted that we have a claim against them

Presumably the EFL continue the disciplinary process as they consider they are acting lawfully, that any previous reliance was not given, or misconstrued, or not valid as further evidence over rides that legitimate expectation

The Club can only remedy this - if the EFL refuse to accept a claim - to presumably go to Court to get a judgement on whether there is a potential claim. Not to actually determine the claim 

If the EFL continue the action on FFP and it turns out they were wrong on the unlawful action point we could presumably sue on both counts.

Just me hypothesising - be useful if a lawyer to give a take on it

The worry is we're being held to account by a private club's interpretation of their own rules - whilst we've threatened them against breaking general business/commercial laws, I'm not sure how this will play with the EFL. Just what exactly is misconduct in relation to what we've done - late accounts? - all legitimate according to our auditors.

My fear is they see their 'club' crumbling, primarily with the championship cash-cow club splitting off some time in the near future and are desperate to hold everything together by showing their strength and making us an example.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we can prove, and have documents to back it up as suggested in our first statement, then it's going to court so a judge

can decide which side is correct.

Only way this can end. We may get the punishment but then tie them up in appeals for years like

QPR did.