Club Statement

2 hours ago, Owling said:

What happened to this thread?

Aah, you mean 'Grexit".

Some precious types took offence at that whiny Greta Thunberg being called whiny (and a hypocrite) & didn't seem to like the fact that (unbelievably) people actually have opinions different to their own on major issues of the day. It sort of went from there with the pro Greta lobby insisting her detractor's should be "re-educated" (brainwashed) until they are 'on message'.   

It wouldn't be Owlstalk would it, if topics boringly stayed on the straight & narrow!.

Actually quite surprised some over zealous mod didn't throw their two penneth into the debate & then promptly close it down! (like last night's offering when someone described James Maclean as an IRA supporting, poppy hating toe rag). Said moderator responds with HIS opinion & then promptly closes the thread down. Very democratic. 

7 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Aah, you mean 'Grexit".

Some precious types took offence at that whiny Greta Thunberg being called whiny (and a hypocrite) & didn't seem to like the fact that (unbelievably) people actually have opinions different to their own on major issues of the day. It sort of went from there with the pro Greta lobby insisting her detractor's should be "re-educated" (brainwashed) until they are 'on message'.   

It wouldn't be Owlstalk would it, if topics boringly stayed on the straight & narrow!.

Actually quite surprised some over zealous mod didn't throw their two penneth into the debate & then promptly close it down! (like last night's offering when someone described James Maclean as an IRA supporting, poppy hating toe rag). Said moderator responds with HIS opinion & then promptly closes the thread down. Very democratic. 

I just take offence at ignorance

11 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Assume you mean read more on the 'not open to argument' side of the opinion. Slavishly following an already decided mantra and ONLY listening & talking to like minded converts is exactly the reason Corbyn's Twitter loving Islington set thought they were going to win a landslide before they crashed back down to Earth with a bump. Response :- "The people are ignorant, got it wrong & don't understand". (Maybe they need to read more).

I listen to both sides & draw my opinion accordingly, unlike the 'fanatics' who de-platform anyone who doesn't 100% agree.

Their stock response is (as I assume yours is) is not that they may have a different opinion or disagree on the 'extent' of the problem, but that they "don't understand' and should "read more" as you condescendingly suggest, until they are finally 're-educated' & slapped into line. 

My main argument, which seems to be overlooked, isn't that climate change doesn't exist, but the hugely exaggerated claims of imminent mass starvation & the rest of their wild claims are completely misleading & do nothing to promote sensible discussion, especially when our contribution is so minimal anyway.

My other main point is the rank hypocrisy of thousands of delegates (including their pin up Greta), jetting off to Rio or any of the other glam destinations they seem to choose, (never seems to be Wigan or Barnsley), to have a nice chat about how they are going to solve the 'problem' they are helping create. At the last soiree they had, after burning up God how many million gallons of aviation fuel, they couldn't even decide on what topics to discuss & left with no agreements whatsoever! Brilliant!!

Just to reiterate:- 

GROSS EXAGGERATIONS.

RANK HYPOCRISY.

Tell me, as a 'fanatic' which claims are grossly exaggerated? 

You can pontificate and write as many paragraphs as you like, bleat about hypocrisy, it wont make you right. 

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Tell me, as a 'fanatic' which claims are grossly exaggerated? 

You can pontificate and write as many paragraphs as you like, bleat about hypocrisy, it wont make you right. 

There are so many examples I don't know where to start.

That middle class spoilt idiot who Piers Morgan interviewed on main stream television who said she was worried her kids would starve in the next couple of years because of climate change.

Al Gore who said 7 years ago that the entire Ice cap would have gone by 2018.

Extinction Rebellion preaching imminent Armageddon that the world is going to end. (The clue's in the name 'Extinction')

It goes on and on and on ad infinitum.

The whole 'climate change' argument is based on Gross exaggerations.