Club Statement

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well on this topic I try not to I attempt to stick to analysis and a bit of insight where I think it may shed light on unfamiliar topics but not representing anything as fact or judging the professionals. Without the documents no one can 

Quite agee

We need someone who can run a professional eye over proceedings.  We are all obviously to biased and have no idea what we are talking about.

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Like what's his face from Lost in Space.

"Were doomed!!!"

I thought that was one of the old guys from Dad's Army?!

Is Sally the kind of character you would want alongside you in the trenches?

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I wonder what points of law would be argued if for instance the EFL or the “independent panel “ came down against us and we fought it ?

could get interesting when a law court would have to deal with facts and evidence?

Like I said on this topic before when it comes to the accounts then the EFL cannot be the judge and jury. This would go to an independent accountant - who genuinely would be independent and he would base his view on what the appropriate accounting standards say and what a competent accountant would do with the same evidence. 

I am confident that would be a fair process. Say part of me would love to see the evidence to make my own professional judgement on it 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This is something I considered when reading it but it seems a bit unprofessional for an organisation to treat one of its members with such contempt so as to not make any response at all to a counter claim on a point of conjecture. Particularly when prior to any action being taken the club had publicly stated it was working with, and receiving advice from the EFl in this regard. 

Surprise surprise, I read on in this thread and find your initial thoroughly pessimistic view getting even more negative. I'm sure at some point in recent weeks since this broke you stated we should pull together and support the club as much as we can until proven otherwise. Perhaps that was just a momentary lapse on your part.

Like I have said on another point that may be the suggested tactic by the EFL lawyers. I have sat in the middle of correspondence between opposing lawyers and the first battle is usually to determine if there is a battle. Test out the other sides appetite and see if it's just a fishing exercise 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

If the EFL were to impose a points deduction and then the club went after the EFL and won, things could get very messy indeed.

If for example the points deduction stopped us from getting into the top 6, then the club would be within their rights to sue the EFL for £150m.

Or the Wembley gate money as we would have probably got beat in the final.

WTF:

• Haha 2

I fully back a club taking on this excuse for a footballing governing body, and am proud it’s us. Unfortunately I also realise we are Sheffield Wednesday and the outcome will be we are docked twice the amount of points we would have been had we taken our medicine. 

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Like I said on this topic before when it comes to the accounts then the EFL cannot be the judge and jury. This would go to an independent accountant - who genuinely would be independent and he would base his view on what the appropriate accounting standards say and what a competent accountant would do with the same evidence. 

I am confident that would be a fair process. Say part of me would love to see the evidence to make my own professional judgement on it 

If we have correspondence from the EFL agreeing to the figures on the ground sale and our accounts are accepted by HMRC then maybe we have a good chance of winning this 

who knows 

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This.

I’ve said from the start. The EFL would not have charged us unless they’re 100% certain we’re guilty. Their reputation is at stake here. We win this and they’re laughing stock and it sets a precedent for other clubs to challenge them. 

They would have made absolutely sure their case holds up. Now the fact they refuse to even acknowledge are claims confirms my belief. 

I expect the EFL to pass this to the special panel to decide the punishment, when they deliver their verdict and punishment our legal team should then apply for the decision to be put on hold until the legality of it is decided in court. I don't see how the EFL can go against an injunction. Then it will depend on how quick the court can hear the case, the legal system can be very slow so unless they really expedite it things could well drag on past the end of the season.

It would be interesting if the EFL impose a penalty of say 20 points but it's not able to apply it because of legal action. If we actually get promoted what would they do, stop us going up? Let us get to the Prem?  I can see a few other EFL teams getting irate if it's the latter.

I'm not a lawyer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I think Chansiri should push this for all it's worth. We already know EFL make it up as they go along, a la Forestieri guilty, although a court found him innocent. If we have emails proving our case then f them let's see how far they will go. 

There is no should mate, DC is stubborn to a fault, no way will he let this go, he will go all out to f*cking have them.

• Like 1

Key word in the club statement is “sensible”, which is subjective, and tells me neither party know what they’re doing, or what the other party is going to do. 

Whose benefit is this statement for ? Not sure what it achieves, seems to be Chansiri sticking his chest out again, like he did with Newcastle.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The EFL would probably love it if we finish top 2. What's a points deduction mean to them when they can fine us about 50m premier league money instead.  

We would take that over a points deduction in the circumstances.  Win Win

lol

Finish in the top 2 and get promoted and they can't touch us as we no longer fall under the EFL. they could once we return but champions league glory is on the cards in the near future :)

• Like 1

Just now, agentwalker said:

Finish in the top 2 and get promoted and they can't touch us as we no longer fall under the EFL. they could once we return but champions league glory is on the cards in the near future :)

Technically speaking we are probably still under the EFL rules till a certain date afterwards.

40 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Or just delete. 40,000 letters containing dog muck and we could be in the business of making a proper nuisance of ourselves. 40,000 Pizzas ordered to EFL HQ or 40,000 fans making prank calls each day and we’d break them! 

Even better, we could get their  address and have a few nights of knock-a-door-run. They’d soon get tired of that and drop the case.

If that fails, get Tango on Sentry Duty outside their headquarters, with his shirt off.

Game over.

WTF: