Club Statement

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Worrying statement. If the EFL aren’t co-operating I think they know and we know we’ve fooked it. 

This is just us doing our best to drag it on. 

Yet almost reassuring that you are taking this in the most pessimistic sense possible!

Like I always say everything I post on here is my "opinion" based on information to hand and my own professional experiences, but the crucial evidence in all this is not (yet) in the public domain.

So it is at best educated guesswork, like doing a jigsaw with half the pieces missing

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Like I always say everything I post on here is my "opinion" based on information to hand and my own professional experiences, but the crucial evidence in all this is not (yet) in the public domain.

So it is at best educated guesswork, like doing a jigsaw with half the pieces missing

Yeah, but we can make wild ass asserations.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Chin strapped tho..

:duntmatter:

The very same on the lower Lepp against Newcastle when the Sheffield show were on ..

Never seen so many of them wooden fence stakes used as improvised javelins before ..

Bobbies helmets all over the shop!!!!

Now fondly known as the "Jimmy Nail game"......

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

Nothing exists to stop fans causing the EFL issues.

40,000 emails for instance would take quite some time to read.

Or just delete. 40,000 letters containing dog muck and we could be in the business of making a proper nuisance of ourselves. 40,000 Pizzas ordered to EFL HQ or 40,000 fans making prank calls each day and we’d break them! 

It is all conjecture as to what the EFL think of their case or the relative strength of ours. 

It seems to me this is just a bit of sabre rattling by our lawyers. 

Equally their lawyers sticking fingers in ears hoping we just go away. 

Solicitors are right two hats with each other. And a lot is about testing the size of the others rounduns and whether they / the client are prepared to fight or fund a fight.

I might not want to pay a bill because of some issue I had, want to make a stand but will I just pay when they say the court date is .....

42 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yep trying to decipher what the statement actually means. 

So the EFL have charged us with a disciplinary offence 

We have written to the EFL that we think in law we have a claim against the EFL for this legitimate expectation to rely on previous correspondence and therefore the charges are unlawful

The EFL have not accepted that we have a claim against them

Presumably the EFL continue the disciplinary process as they consider they are acting lawfully, that any previous reliance was not given, or misconstrued, or not valid as further evidence over rides that legitimate expectation

The Club can only remedy this - if the EFL refuse to accept a claim - to presumably go to Court to get a judgement on whether there is a potential claim. Not to actually determine the claim 

If the EFL continue the action on FFP and it turns out they were wrong on the unlawful action point we could presumably sue on both counts.

Just me hypothesising - be useful if a lawyer to give a take on it

Not my area but my guess would be we have tried to make a counter complain within the EFL own internal but been rejected and thus have instead 'issued' proceedings in court.

This is a guess but word issued usually refers to the formal commencement of court proceedings.

Given we seem to be arguing breach of legitimate expectation it would be necessary, to enable a court to accept the case, to show that the claimant has exhausted all internal remedies before going to court.

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yep the impact on the EFL if a court says erm no chaps you cannot be judge and jury 

Though the Club still has the right of appeal to any punishment it must be remembered

Are ee are just trying to brow beat them into not doing the disciplinary or as a trade off we only get a slapped wrist because we could really screw up your ability to run the League

I wonder what points of law would be argued if for instance the EFL or the “independent panel “ came down against us and we fought it ?

could get interesting when a law court would have to deal with facts and evidence?

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Or just delete. 40,000 letters containing dog muck and we could be in the business of making a proper nuisance of ourselves. 40,000 Pizzas ordered to EFL HQ or 40,000 fans making prank calls each day and we’d break them! 

Did somebody say just eat?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah, but we can make wild ass asserations.

Well on this topic I try not to I attempt to stick to analysis and a bit of insight where I think it may shed light on unfamiliar topics but not representing anything as fact or judging the professionals. Without the documents no one can 

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It seems to me the EFL don't think we have a claim against them, in other words they have acted unlawfully. So it seems not even answering or acknowledging the correspondence on the point with the Club. 

Almost like your case is so poor we aren't prepared to even enter dialogue with you as that would legitimise your spurious action.

Bit like those spam emails you get saying you have broken a law by parking somewhere and you have never been there 

This is something I considered when reading it but it seems a bit unprofessional for an organisation to treat one of its members with such contempt so as to not make any response at all to a counter claim on a point of conjecture. Particularly when prior to any action being taken the club had publicly stated it was working with, and receiving advice from the EFl in this regard. 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This.

I’ve said from the start. The EFL would not have charged us unless they’re 100% certain we’re guilty. Their reputation is at stake here. We win this and they’re laughing stock and it sets a precedent for other clubs to challenge them. 

They would have made absolutely sure their case holds up. Now the fact they refuse to even acknowledge are claims confirms my belief. 

Surprise surprise, I read on in this thread and find your initial thoroughly pessimistic view getting even more negative. I'm sure at some point in recent weeks since this broke you stated we should pull together and support the club as much as we can until proven otherwise. Perhaps that was just a momentary lapse on your part.